Tangerine Dream
The Official Forum

   * FAQ    * Search   * Login   * Register

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD Fan Portfolio (What fans read, work, suffer & love...)
Author Message
 Post subject: TD ART WORK
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 5:26 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 12:28 pm
Posts: 5
CD COVER ART WORK(HIDDEN MESSAGES) DM4 THE REAR END IN YOUR FACE,MOTA ATMA ALL THE BIRDS(THAT was A HARD ONE),LOGOS THE THREE SPACE SHIPS ON BACK, HOLLYWOOD YRS.EDGARS BIG FACE ON THE COVER.I LOVE STUDYING TD ART WORK PEACE


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 8:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:54 am
Posts: 7393
Location: Scotland
Eh!!!!! :shock:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:58 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 25, 2006 12:06 am
Posts: 1062
Location: Westren Australia:Rockingham 6168
The TD art work is beautiful it again is Edgars handywork ...Where does this guys talent end

:D 8) :!: :arrow: Geoff

_________________
http://www.downloadplatform.com/electrocelt/
www.myspace.com/ricochet1975 Also

ElectroCelt@myspace.com
http://indielite.com/ElectroCelt


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TD ART WORK
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 1:17 am
Posts: 1638
Location: Somerset
sound beach wrote:
CD COVER ART WORK(HIDDEN MESSAGES) DM4 THE REAR END IN YOUR FACE,MOTA ATMA ALL THE BIRDS(THAT was A HARD ONE),LOGOS THE THREE SPACE SHIPS ON BACK, HOLLYWOOD YRS.EDGARS BIG FACE ON THE COVER.I LOVE STUDYING TD ART WORK PEACE

I can't see three space ships on back, can you describe them?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:46 pm
Posts: 24409
Location: Apatheticville
Taximan431 wrote:
The TD art work is beautiful it again is Edgars handywork ...Where does this guys talent end

:D 8) :!: :arrow: Geoff



Very nice artwork Geoff...............hopefully the talent will not end for a very long time :wink:

_________________
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 7:50 pm
Posts: 243
Location: Springtime on my ATV-deepwoods
If it's zoom o graphics were talking about, the colors really do POP!

_________________
"The aim of the music [of Tangerine Dream] is to paint surreal pictures with musical instruments."

http://www.voices-in-the-net.de/voiceshm.htm


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:18 am 
IMBO, I think the computergraphics cover art work have been going on for too long. I prefer photos or paintings.
Edgar is a very gifted painter and sculptor


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 3:37 pm
Posts: 184
Location: Oslo, Norway
There's some really nice works of art gracing the covers of the TD catalouge. My favourite would probably be the painting inside the cover of Zeit, and, although entirely different, the front cover of Turn of the Tides (the TDI release, that is).
As for hidden messages, I have absolutely no idea, so I would very much like sound beach to enlighten me on the subject...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:42 pm
Posts: 4483
Location: Netherlands
Pertou wrote:
IMBO, I think the computergraphics cover art work have been going on for too long. I prefer photos or paintings.
Edgar is a very gifted painter and sculptor


As the music these days, it has its moments. Some better, some worse.
But a normal picture or photo would be also nice.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:39 pm 
hansx wrote:
Pertou wrote:
IMBO, I think the computergraphics cover art work have been going on for too long. I prefer photos or paintings.
Edgar is a very gifted painter and sculptor


As the music these days, it has its moments. Some better, some worse.
But a normal picture or photo would be also nice.

Yes, and with no text! That sometimes spoils the art, I think. That's why I love Pink Floyd covers. 8)


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:37 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:05 pm
Posts: 11363
Location: Glasgow
RemoteViewing81 wrote:
If it's zoom o graphics were talking about, the colors really do POP!


Having just recieved Space FLight Orange as a Z O G I can whole heartidly agree with this - stunning.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 6:34 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:54 am
Posts: 7393
Location: Scotland
I always say if an album has a great cover & great music. It makes it so much better to own. Mind you some album sleeves are not good but the music is excellent & vice versa.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:27 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:05 pm
Posts: 11363
Location: Glasgow
Think this had a lot to do with the intrigue of TD, you see a fantastic cover and just have to hear the contents


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic     Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD Fan Portfolio (What fans read, work, suffer & love...) All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]
Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

 
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum


Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group | Design by Homestage