CAN

bigmoog
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

CAN

Post by bigmoog »

I have just returned from europa, on a job....The people i worked with were intrigued to know that I am a TD fan...." oh, the sequenzer band " :D

but one colleague was a huge CAN fan...and insisted I listen to his ipod collection (er, I love can....but indulged him)

I think can are a superb group, innovative, before their time, outside time

current favs are Tago mago, Monster Movie and EGE Bamyasi

i may have said this before,but augmn on TAGO reminds me of happy mondays :D
Seeker_UK

Re: CAN

Post by Seeker_UK »

bigmoog wrote:i may have said this before,but augmn on TAGO reminds me of happy mondays :D
An interesting thought.

I always thought that "Fools Gold" by the Stone Roses offered a huge debt to Herr Liebezeit.

Favourites albums for me are "Monster Movie", "Soundtracks", "Can Delay" and "Can" (the one with the spanner on the cover. Although all albums have at least one rip-snorter on them.

If you ever get chance to watch the Can DVD, the live version of "Vernal Equinox" is really quite frightening in its intensity as is the live free concert (a photo of which is on the back of "Ege Bamyesi").
Occasionally recording as Chromengel: Click here for the music

New CD out, "Meridians" For more details Click Here
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

I will get the DVD asap :idea:

The thing i enjoy about CAN is the total interplay of creative genius producing odd, yet familiar and challenging music.

I saw Damo Suzuki play a few years ago at RFH as support to AMTemple.....the suzuki band were immense in every way, recalling krautrock at its finest :arrow:
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Im a huge Can fan as you can see by my MS page,Tago Mago and Ege Bamyasi are classic albums and those two have always stood out for me..

They were a group of awesomely gifted musicians and its great to see Holger Czukay and Irmin Schmidt still making superb music with their respective bands today.....

My all time favorite is "Mushroom" especially played "Live". Superb outfit 8)

The Double DVD is well worth a purchase 8)
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
24db

Post by 24db »

Fantastic group, although I sometimes think I like the 'idea of them' more rather than the results (I do own almost all of their back catalogue and several live recordings, plus solo recordings). Future Days is solid gold and my favourite.
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

I have most of the Can catalogue and rank them among my all-time favourite bands.

They have innovated with just about everything: Instrumentation, rhythm, melody, texture... and not to forget their humour :D

Ege Bamyasi, Future Days and Tago Mago are my favourites. I also love the Irmin Schmidt / Bruno Spoerri collaboration 'Toy Planet'.
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

errr.... never heard any Can at all. :oops:

...I'll get me coat.
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

I went out and bought all the SACD reissues. Tago Mago being a big fave. Some of their stuff is a wee bit too experimental to my ears but Augm is a classic from Tago Mago. I like to put that on late at night in the dark.
24db

Post by 24db »

Can (even with one of the best drummers in the world I should add) still have that lumpy 'German' rhythm and tempo...stiff and yet (strangely enough) funky in a way. I've always loved Jaki's drumming
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

24db wrote:Can (even with one of the best drummers in the world I should add) still have that lumpy 'German' rhythm and tempo...stiff and yet (strangely enough) funky in a way. I've always loved Jaki's drumming
Jaki Liebezeit :arrow: fantatic other wordly rhythms..

Watching him on the DVD is just great 8)
24db

Post by 24db »

epsilon75 wrote:
24db wrote:Can (even with one of the best drummers in the world I should add) still have that lumpy 'German' rhythm and tempo...stiff and yet (strangely enough) funky in a way. I've always loved Jaki's drumming

'the' only drummer that makes 'boring' amazing...my favourite ones from him are Michael Rother's first two albums
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

24db wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:

'the' only drummer that makes 'boring' amazing...my favourite ones from him are Michael Rother's first two albums
Never heard any solo albums mate but love the "NEU" albums
24db

Post by 24db »

epsilon75 wrote:
24db wrote:
epsilon75 wrote: Jaki Liebezeit :arrow: fantatic other wordly rhythms..

Never heard any solo albums mate but love the "NEU" albums
OT...you need to get the first album pronto mate (Flammende Herzen)
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

I'll make a note of that pronto and try to get it 8)
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

epsilon75 wrote:I'll make a note of that pronto and try to get it 8)
add Katzenmusik to that list :wink: