Why did you stop posting in this forum?

Why did you stop posting in this forum?

The passing of Edgar Froese
7%
Lost interest in the band for other reasons (specify in comments if you wish)
14%
Following the band/Huge fan of the band, just not active in the forum anymore
43%
The occasionally unfriendly behaviour in the forum
14%
Lack of administrators
No votes
Other (specify in comments if you wish)
21%

Total votes: 14

71 dB
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Re: Why did you stop posting in this forum?

Post by 71 dB »

For me it was how badly the forum software worked in my computer. I had problems posting and the forum kept logging me out so I had to sign in all the time!

In 2015 when E.F. sadly changed his cosmic address I almost stopped listening to TD for a long time, but I am over that shock now and I have been listening to TD quite o lot. The Sessions series has been really nice imo.
sorcerer

Post by sorcerer »

Yes that constantly logging out fault is challenging to say the least.

Tangerine Dream and the fan base deserve a new forum and website.
Steve C

Post by Steve C »

No posts since 3.1. It looks like we are done here
Jon

Post by Jon »

pb2rdf

Post by pb2rdf »

Because TD lost on january 20th 2015 it's last founding member.

So TD is not TD anymore, cannot be TD anymore.

It's no only in the name Tangerine Dream ......
The soul is gone, the music of the past not.

Peter
Misterdance

Post by Misterdance »

pb2rdf wrote:Because TD lost on january 20th 2015 it's last founding member.

Peter
I totally agree.
Fred-E Skywalker fka Misterdance.

Visit my website: http://www.fredvdwerf.nl
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

Misterdance wrote:

Peter
I totally agree.
And I totally disagree. :)
sorcerer

Post by sorcerer »

Insvims wrote:
Misterdance wrote:

Peter
I totally agree.
And I totally disagree. :)
I also totally disagree and thus completely agree with Insvims :)
Michael66

Post by Michael66 »

Two reasons:

1. I lost interest in TD because reading Edgar's book made me dislike him. I won't go into the details, let's just say he was a different man that I imagined him to be (which is entirely my "problem", I'm aware of that, so please don't crucify me for being honest). I sold the book immediately after having read it.

2. I have grown tired of current electronic music, because in my mind it paints pictures of virtual/computer worlds, and not spiritual worlds. This includes current TD. In today's world there is virtuality everywhere, I don't want even more of that in the music I'm listening to. It gives me no relief entering the antiseptic audiopixel spaces of the quantum machine elves.

Anyway, the old music is still there, thankfully. Take care everyone.
Jon

Post by Jon »

About point 1 above, let's just say I understand what you mean. Edgar doesn't come across as particularly sympathetic.
Steve C

Post by Steve C »

This is the kind of interesting debate which could revive this forum?
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

Michael66,without going into details, I would be interested to hear your main reasons for not liking EF when it comes to the book.
In my view he is honest, detailed, poetic, but also sympathetic. He can be more direct than many, but that was well known, I think. I have never directly spoken to him, but I attended a few meet & greets after shows, and also attended a live interview session. He had humour and was very welcoming and friendly towards all the fans that were around. More than could be expected from an artist that has been in the business for 45 plus years.
Jon

Post by Jon »

In the book I found him rather harsh towards other people from record labels, fellow musicians, film directors and people from the establishment/government. He is incredibly sarcastic, and he seemed to have a rather negative look on people before he had met them.

He seemed to love Bowie and Dali though!

I'm sure he was totally different and friendly towards fans, and he is still my musical hero number 1.
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

Finally, managed to login :mrgreen:

I still enjoy TD 1967-1980 and also their huge body of work during the 80s and 90s and up to the passing of Edgar.

I maintain a low profile on social media.

currently revisiting the trees/leaves. :D

hope all here and there are well.
...The wise.....are silent.....
Hipgnosis

Post by Hipgnosis »

Hi,

I'm still here ... but the sad thing is that not many others are around.

It is the "same" with rock music fans. Their appreciation is limited to a song, or one album, and then they forget the band ... and move on to something else.

For me, TD has been a life long piece of music, and though I am not exactly the greatest fan of the understanding and consequence of the latest revision of the group, I think it means well, but it lacks the "visual" element that the original band had for 45 or more years ... which for all intents and purposes, one member had a chance to learn, only to (seemingly) ignore it, because for him it was about the equipment, not the music ... and I think it shows the difference, as Edgar was brought up in the era of the movies and their explosion on the screen, and the newer folks find 2001 a piece of not good, and can not relate to its impressive explosion, like so many other films at the time.

Today's fans, and I will accept that this is my thinking, seem to lack the "perspective" of time and place ... like in another location someone making comments about the "lists" of music for them to learn about and follow, when at the time I first heard TD, there were none of these ... you learned about the music by getting slammed by it like a door or film, or incredible stage performance.

Today, none of these matter ... and sadly, even without the so-called "moderation" this forum has suffered, but in many ways, I think the website has hurt the fans as well, and not served them, although I would also be worried about what I needed to do to improve it all ... but the way that TD let go of the women and folks that were with the band, was the perfect example of the cruelty that hurt so many folks ... to this day, at least one person has not been able to perform, as she gave over 20 years of her life, to what amounted to ... nothing ... except heart ache ... and the rose, simply died ... without the water it needed to live.

I have posted again, as I was able to create a review, something I rarely do for TD, as I never felt comfortable with any words for it all ... it's like there was too much to say, and not enough ... to satisfy the need for a review. I was able to find some of these for "RAUM" although it is more of a comparison to a lot of other TD than it is a fair review, and it is explained as I see it. But I can not tell you how, or why, someone might see it all differently than I do.

TD for me, has always been an endless movie ... a kiss frozen in time ... in the winds ... of our hearts! ... at a time when words and works mattered!