Jerome - Dante Is Dead T-Shirt

epsilon75
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by epsilon75 »

Gigolo Janus strikes again :mrgreen:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
JD

Post by JD »

Nero wrote:
JD wrote:
Nero wrote: Don't hesitate, man! The Dante series absolutely is a masterpiece!!
Hats off for Edgar's courage to compose it despite the high probability of
being misunderstood and damned by fans who couldn't understand it at all - which proves that his pioneering spirit is still in flames....
The Dante series is the most controversial opus and the most fascinating at the same time! I think it was an inner spiritual need which forced him to express this magic philosophic work into music - and he did it! Nothing more...
What an interesting point of view ! Here was me thinking the reason I didnt like it was because I found the music to be boring, badly written and produced/mixed with awful singers and pretentious lyrics etc when in reality it was because I didnt understand it ........

I wish I was as clever as the fans wot like it .

You don't need to be clever, just try to be open-minded and open-hearted and more tolerant, that's all. This is what I mean with "understand"...
The fact that the Dante story touches you is obvious - although in a negative way. But it touches you, it's not a kind of music leaving you lukewarm behind the oven, no, Dante INFURIATES you! Great! Love and hate are sisters, man!
Aha ..well I did think you were referring to intelligence when you said understand .....but, I do consider myself open minded and open hearted when it comes to music ...I mean i'm a TD fan after all, if weren't open minded I would be listening to the pop charts and avoiding anything that held my attention for longer than 30 seconds ;)

When you say the Dante story, Im presuming you mean Edgars version , but this doesnt infuriate me at all, it doesnt touch me either, if anything it leaves me flat and cold and so I never ever listen to it now, I barely made it through once.
The only thing that has stirred me is my disbelief at how people rate it as a classic or masterpiece etc I just cant see it ? I know music is subjective but even on a basic level there is a kind of universal benchmark to which things are measured, and a general consensus if something is good " but not for me", or if something can be considered wrong or plain bad.
You only have to listen to the same piece of music played by a top orchestra next to a crappy school brass band to understand the point Im getting at. Of course somebody somewhere might prefer the school band for its youthful exuberance and chaos , but 99% of the rest of us judge from similar comparisons , and for me, the Dante albums (the 2 Ive heard) fall into the school band category.
"I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them". - George Bush
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

bigmoog wrote:he sent me a pic of the bird in question :oops:
Is that thee Kathy Staff lookalike :?: :shock: :arrow:
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

epsilon75 wrote:
bigmoog wrote:he sent me a pic of the bird in question :oops:
Is that thee Kathy Staff lookalike :?: :shock: :arrow:
Nah - he's having an affair:

He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Wonderful full breast and what a looker :wink:
hansx

Post by hansx »

Nero wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:err....is now a good time to say I love the Dante series?

....no thought not. :wink:
Don't hesitate, man! The Dante series absolutely is a masterpiece!!
being misunderstood and damned by fans who couldn't understand it at all - which proves that his pioneering spirit is still in flames....
The Dante series is the most controversial opus and the most fascinating at the same time! I think it was an inner spiritual need which forced him to express this magic philosophic work into music - and he did it! Nothing more...
Yesterday I played Paradiso again, have to admit, it has something, but won't listen to it very much I am afraid.
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

when you find that something let me know :shock:
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
hansx

Post by hansx »

alipaul wrote:when you find that something let me know :shock:

the music, the French language (not only) :?:
rattymouse

Post by rattymouse »

hansx wrote:
Nero wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:err....is now a good time to say I love the Dante series?

....no thought not. :wink:
Don't hesitate, man! The Dante series absolutely is a masterpiece!!
Yesterday I played Paradiso again, have to admit, it has something, but won't listen to it very much I am afraid.
Paradiso has a whole lot of nothing. I cant conceive of music more devoid of emotion than these two discs. Just dreadful.