Jerome - Dante Is Dead T-Shirt

JD
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by JD »

Chris Monk wrote:err....is now a good time to say I love the Dante series?

....no thought not. :wink:

why not ? ...one mans rubbish is another mans treasure ;)
"I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them". - George Bush
Nero

Post by Nero »

Don't hesitate, man! The Dante series absolutely is a masterpiece!!
Hats off for Edgar's courage to compose it despite the high probability of
being misunderstood and damned by fans who couldn't understand it at all - which proves that his pioneering spirit is still in flames....
The Dante series is the most controversial opus and the most fascinating at the same time! I think it was an inner spiritual need which forced him to express this magic philosophic work into music - and he did it! Nothing more...
timer

Post by timer »

I admire Edgars determination to release exactly what he want's to, even if it ain't to everyone's taste
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

timer wrote:I admire Edgars determination to release exactly what he want's to, even if it ain't to everyone's taste
Here here 8)
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
timer

Post by timer »

epsilon75 wrote:
timer wrote:I admire Edgars determination to release exactly what he want's to, even if it ain't to everyone's taste
Here here 8)
Where ?

I know i'll ask Janus !
JD

Post by JD »

Nero wrote:

being misunderstood and damned by fans who couldn't understand it at all - which proves that his pioneering spirit is still in flames....
The Dante series is the most controversial opus and the most fascinating at the same time! I think it was an inner spiritual need which forced him to express this magic philosophic work into music - and he did it! Nothing more...
What an interesting point of view ! Here was me thinking the reason I didnt like it was because I found the music to be boring, badly written and produced/mixed with awful singers and pretentious lyrics etc when in reality it was because I didnt understand it ........

I wish I was as clever as the fans wot like it .
"I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them". - George Bush
Michael66

Post by Michael66 »

The biggest hurdle for me getting interested in the Dante trilogy is that there is no printed lyrics in either English or German. I don't know French, I have no understanding of the Italian language, and I still sometimes have a hard trime figuring out spoken or sung English lyrics. For a trilogy so much relying on the lyrics being sung I think it is an affront to the lovers of TD not providing the listener with a lyrics sheet. Edgar spent thousands of hours composing it, why can't at least someone at team TD take 3 days for collecting the lyrics! It is ridiculous and I don't understand this. I love esoteric stuff, I suppose Dante would be just my thing, but as long as this situation continues I'm on my personal Dante strike. (Rant over)
Nero

Post by Nero »

JD wrote:
Nero wrote:

What an interesting point of view ! Here was me thinking the reason I didnt like it was because I found the music to be boring, badly written and produced/mixed with awful singers and pretentious lyrics etc when in reality it was because I didnt understand it ........

You don't need to be clever, just try to be open-minded and open-hearted and more tolerant, that's all. This is what I mean with "understand"...
The fact that the Dante story touches you is obvious - although in a negative way. But it touches you, it's not a kind of music leaving you lukewarm behind the oven, no, Dante INFURIATES you! Great! Love and hate are sisters, man!
Nero

Post by Nero »

Michael66 wrote:The biggest hurdle for me getting interested in the Dante trilogy is that there is no printed lyrics in either English or German. I don't know French, I have no understanding of the Italian language, and I still sometimes have a hard trime figuring out spoken or sung English lyrics. For a trilogy so much relying on the lyrics being sung I think it is an affront to the lovers of TD not providing the listener with a lyrics sheet. Edgar spent thousands of hours composing it, why can't at least someone at team TD take 3 days for collecting the lyrics! It is ridiculous and I don't understand this. I love esoteric stuff, I suppose Dante would be just my thing, but as long as this situation continues I'm on my personal Dante strike. (Rant over)

Just try and read the book - all the lyrics are there. The lyrics Edgar uses are only fragments of a very opulent work and cannot reflect the whole story. Maybe this was the reason why he didn't publish them.
You can also find summaries from the Dante story in the net as well as all the lyrics - I would prefer a summery as the lyrics are very hard to decrypt.
Michael66

Post by Michael66 »

Nero wrote:Just try and read the book - all the lyrics are there. The lyrics Edgar uses are only fragments of a very opulent work and cannot reflect the whole story. Maybe this was the reason why he didn't publish them.
You can also find summaries from the Dante story in the net as well as all the lyrics - I would prefer a summery as the lyrics are very hard to decrypt.
Hi Nero, yes I could get the book and maybe I'll do that in the future because of being interested in the book itself (not for understanding TD's lyrics).
What annoys me is that we get an incomplete product with TD's Dante trilogy. What kind of concept is this when one needs to get secondary literature for understanding a piece of music (with a price tag of around 60 €!). And even if I had the book - since I don't understand French or Italian, how could I find out which TD track and which chapter in the book are related? No, it's an incomplete product to me. TD did 99% of the work, but they forgot or didn't care about the equally important 1% that would have unlocked it for the listeners. We even have the lyrics for Dancing on a White Moon ... ! Why not for Dante?
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Nero wrote:
JD wrote:
Nero wrote: Don't hesitate, man! The Dante series absolutely is a masterpiece!!

You don't need to be clever, just try to be open-minded and open-hearted and more tolerant, that's all. This is what I mean with "understand"...
The fact that the Dante story touches you is obvious - although in a negative way. But it touches you, it's not a kind of music leaving you lukewarm behind the oven, no, Dante INFURIATES you! Great! Love and hate are sisters, man!
I'm the case that proves your point. I'm not particularly clever, I would be must better off if I was and I just turned down a job that pays £15k per year more than I currently get, that's not clever.

Also I never thought that I'd be listening to opera singers, I'm a Heavy Metal fan by nature, but I am. I have to thank Edgar for opening my eyes to just how talented these singers really are. Just listen to Beatrice, l'ame Infinie if you don't believe me. I hope that the RFH Purgatorio show makes it to DVD because then hopefully people will have a chance to see Saskia Klumpp's performance which I thought was spellbinding.
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

I, as BigMoog took thee test truthfully and thus

http://www.4degreez.com/misc/dante-inferno-test.mv

The result was for BM :

Level 8- the Malebolge

Many and varied sinners suffer eternally in the multi-leveled Malebolge, an ampitheatre-shapped pit of despair Wholly of stone and of an iron colour: Those guilty of fraudulence and malice; the seducers and pimps, who are whipped by horned demons; the hypocrites, who struggle to walk in lead-lined cloaks; the barraters, who are ducked in boiling pitch by demons known as the Malebranche. The simonists, wedged into stone holes, and whose feet are licked by flames, kick and writhe desperately. The magicians, diviners, fortune tellers, and panderers are all here, as are the thieves. Some wallow in human excrement. Serpents writhe and wrap around men, sometimes fusing into each other. Bodies are torn apart. When you arrive, you will want to put your hands over your ears because of the lamentations of the sinners here, who are afflicted with scabs like leprosy, and lay sick on the ground, furiously scratching their skin off with their nails. Indeed, justice divine doth smite them with its hammer.

I almost sit with old nick hisself
:D
...The wise.....are silent.....
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

timer wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
Here here 8)
Where ?

I know i'll ask Janus !
He is otherwise engaged on the south east coast with a bird :wink:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
timer

Post by timer »

epsilon75 wrote:
timer wrote:
epsilon75 wrote: Here here 8)
Where ?

I know i'll ask Janus !