Jerome - Dante Is Dead T-Shirt

bigmoog
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by bigmoog »

BILGE

people regard beethoven, bach etc, as 'genius' because of inherited wisdom, not personal realisation of genius in the music......

its inevitable that 'dante' will enter classic status in thee future
...The wise.....are silent.....
JD

Post by JD »

bigmoog wrote:BILGE

people regard beethoven, bach etc, as 'genius' because of inherited wisdom, not personal realisation of genius in the music......

its inevitable that 'dante' will enter classic status in thee future
Which people, the general pleb public ? because they wouldnt be interested in it anyway to cast an opinion. I think you're blinded by your overt fan status here because the dante trilogy is mostly very poor and I cannot accept that it would ever be held alongside the true Classical geniuses (past and present)
I think in 50 years time it will have vanished.
"I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them". - George Bush
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

the only status I have is one of being alive

the point i make is that DANTE will become a classic, whether its shite or not......bach is shite imho, but its still genius :arrow:
JD

Post by JD »

bigmoog wrote:the only status I have is one of being alive

the point i make is that DANTE will become a classic, whether its shite or not......bach is shite imho, but its still genius :arrow:
so we'll have to agree to disagree ;)
"I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them". - George Bush
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

Im off to have a shave :D
ant

Post by ant »

:D It's all a matter of personal taste, as it is with anything in this world. I love some classical music and some I think is utter bilge but even the 'to me' bilge ones are still classed as classics. Be it music, film or art, once the person/band has passed on their work becomes 'classic' and people will pay a fortune for it (even if to some it is total garbage). I see no reason why TD's stuff will be any different. When I die a relative/friend or whoever will either make a fortune out of my TD and numerous other artists collections or they will all end up in a skip - who knows!! Hopefully not a skip because I would like to think they will go to someone who will cherish them and give them a good home but I guess I will never know - I can just hope!! :D
Biggus Dickus
ant

Post by ant »

:? By the way this does seem to have drifted away from the original question but then they normally do!! :wink:
Biggus Dickus
hansx

Post by hansx »

JD wrote:
hansx wrote:
bigmoog wrote:I highly regard the DANTE trilogy, I dont have to enjoy all the music...but its an OPUS, pure and simply a classic (which can mean its crappe as well.....)....I admire Edgar's personal vision to produce this meisterwork: flawed, boring, exciting, difficult.....just like DANTE's work

the classicalMOOG :arrow:
Maybe it is a meisterwork. But as it is with a lot of masterpieces, it takes some time to be regarded as. The time Beethoven did his composing, it wasn't great as it is now. Shame we won't be here on earth as the next generation regards the Dante opus as a masterpiece. :(

I really dont think that a few hundred years down the line people are going to suddenly discover that the dante trilogy is a masterpiece or work of genius ????? There's a reason why people regard Beethoven, Bach etc as a genius y'know and its nothing to do with the fact they may have written a long piece of music.
Size isnt everything !
But that wasn't what I said. I didn't mention the word size. The quality of the music could be that great that it is a masterpiece. But my knowledge of music isn't that great. I like something or not.
JD

Post by JD »

hansx wrote:
JD wrote:
hansx wrote: Maybe it is a meisterwork. But as it is with a lot of masterpieces, it takes some time to be regarded as. The time Beethoven did his composing, it wasn't great as it is now. Shame we won't be here on earth as the next generation regards the Dante opus as a masterpiece. :(

I really dont think that a few hundred years down the line people are going to suddenly discover that the dante trilogy is a masterpiece or work of genius ????? There's a reason why people regard Beethoven, Bach etc as a genius y'know and its nothing to do with the fact they may have written a long piece of music.
Size isnt everything !
But that wasn't what I said. I didn't mention the word size. The quality of the music could be that great that it is a masterpiece. But my knowledge of music isn't that great. I like something or not.

No I know, but the size of the dante trilogy is the only thing I thought you could have been impressed enough about to say it might be a meisterwork ;)
hansx

Post by hansx »

JD wrote:
hansx wrote:
JD wrote: But that wasn't what I said. I didn't mention the word size. The quality of the music could be that great that it is a masterpiece. But my knowledge of music isn't that great. I like something or not.

No I know, but the size of the dante trilogy is the only thing I thought you could have been impressed enough about to say it might be a meisterwork ;)
But that is your opion, presume you don't like the vocal TD. I am not to fond of it either, but the 3 albums have all their moments. Besides you have to be in the mood for it.
JD

Post by JD »

hansx wrote:
JD wrote:
hansx wrote:
But that is your opion, presume you don't like the vocal TD. I am not to fond of it either, but the 3 albums have all their moments. Besides you have to be in the mood for it.
Actually i like Vocal TD ...everything but this, although I am yet to hear Purgatorio . The whole thing to me sounds like it could be a local amateur production in the village hall, seriously !!
hansx

Post by hansx »

[/quote]
hansx wrote: But that is your opion, presume you don't like the vocal TD. I am not to fond of it either, but the 3 albums have all their moments. Besides you have to be in the mood for it.
JD wrote: Actually i like Vocal TD ...everything but this, although I am yet to hear Purgatorio . The whole thing to me sounds like it could be a local amateur production in the village hall, seriously !!
Hmm, suppose there are a lot of others here who don't agree with you at all about this. :roll:
JD

Post by JD »

hansx wrote:
hansx wrote: But that is your opion, presume you don't like the vocal TD. I am not to fond of it either, but the 3 albums have all their moments. Besides you have to be in the mood for it.
JD wrote: Actually i like Vocal TD ...everything but this, although I am yet to hear Purgatorio . The whole thing to me sounds like it could be a local amateur production in the village hall, seriously !!
Hmm, suppose there are a lot of others here who don't agree with you at all about this. :roll:[/quote]

and they are entitled to do so !
hansx

Post by hansx »

JD wrote:
hansx wrote:
Hmm, suppose there are a lot of others here who don't agree with you at all about this. :roll:
and they are entitled to do so ![/quote]

Of course they are, lot of them won't agree with me in other occasions.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

err....is now a good time to say I love the Dante series?

....no thought not. :wink: