WOLFGANG DUEREN

whiteeagle
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

WOLFGANG DUEREN

Post by whiteeagle »

Hello to everyone, check out this link:
http://dueren.waldorfian.info/

An excellent LP that I was looking to find a copy for years, until (no pun intended) Till Kopper (BIG TD fan also-hello Till :D ) uploaded the whole album in 2004 -DIG :D

Excuse me if this subject already covered in older topic.
Cheers-Nikos
Keep on (Tangerine) Dreaming
whiteeagle

Post by whiteeagle »

I forgot to add that Wolfgang Dueren had been in Tangerine Dream's road crew in 1980 tour, according to 'Cosmic Dreams At Play' book about German rock.
As he was president in PPG, it makes sense that he followed TD in tours to help with the synths and stuff.
Michael66

Post by Michael66 »

That LP is an absolute classic. One of the first LP's young Michael bought ... :)
24db

Post by 24db »

I bought it at the time...not bad, although (and forgive me Wolfgang) it's rather obvious where his real talent laid
staatsgrenze

Post by staatsgrenze »

I have "Eyeless Dreams" on vinyl as it was never released on CD.... there are some good moments, but Carlos Guirao's "Revelation" is far better, and I'm trying to get that........
24db

Post by 24db »

it got a couple of very good reviews over here.
24db

Post by 24db »

from the archives:

Electronics and Music Makers review from 1983:

Wolfgang Duren Eyeless Dreams WPL Records WPL 5768.
PPG demonstrator and now company Geschaftsfuhrer Duren is no slouch when it comes to taking the PPG computer keyboards through their paces. Although this isn't a demo LP but a very accomplished album, it relies mainly on PPG's own 8-Voice 360A, Modular System 300 and 1020 Synthesizer units, together with a 350 Sequencer and a Micro Moog for some lead lines.

The interesting point is that Duren can do all this in live concert and has done so in Wissen and Bad Breiseg to name but two instances. The title track opens with very fast synchronised sequences and slips into. a Jarre-like melody with splashes of percussion and a wailing lead line. 'Phila', '904' and 'Proton' develop the style, with imaginative and gentle changes of tempo, rich digital abstract sounds and expressive chords making full use of delay and keyboard response effects.

The closing 'Eyeless Dream 2' has Bettina Weber's spoken German text over a huge variety of PPG abstract sounds and chords. There's a feeling of tremendous power latent in every track, quite understandably in view of the highly sophisticated and desirable instrumentation involved!
Review copy supplied by Lotus Records
Another no-prize for anyone who can guess the connection between all the LP's reviewed above.
whiteeagle

Post by whiteeagle »

Of course, this LP reminds a lot Edgar's solo works and Klaus Schulze (in other words Berlin EM school!) but I like it somehow. After all he worked with Tangerine Dream in creating the machines and you know :lol: you can't escape the influence of the KINGS of EM :lol:
Cheers
24db

Post by 24db »

whiteeagle wrote:Of course, this LP reminds a lot Edgar's solo works and Klaus Schulze (in other words Berlin EM school!) but I like it somehow. After all he worked with Tangerine Dream in creating the machines and you know :lol: you can't escape the influence of the KINGS of EM :lol:
Cheers
From memory (I haven't played it in ages) it was a solid and enjoyable album
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

Nice music. Nothing more.
Peter Beasley

Post by Peter Beasley »

I travelled to Ipswich Gaumont to see TD in 1980. Arrived about 2.00pm and wandered round the back of the venue to find roadies loading in the gear. No one seemed to mind my presence and I soon found myself on the stage talking to Wolfgang Duren who was showing me the new PPG equipment and giving me leaflets. Talked to Edgar, Chris and Johannes when they arrived for the soundcheck.

Had such a great time that I did the same when they played the venue again in '81 - becoming a roadie for the day and having the band sign my 'Exit' poster.
TangFanIRL

Post by TangFanIRL »

Peter Beasley wrote:I travelled to Ipswich Gaumont to see TD in 1980. Arrived about 2.00pm and wandered round the back of the venue to find roadies loading in the gear. No one seemed to mind my presence and I soon found myself on the stage talking to Wolfgang Duren who was showing me the new PPG equipment and giving me leaflets. Talked to Edgar, Chris and Johannes when they arrived for the soundcheck.

Had such a great time that I did the same when they played the venue again in '81 - becoming a roadie for the day and having the band sign my 'Exit' poster.
Cool story Peter! How times change.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Peter Beasley wrote:I travelled to Ipswich Gaumont to see TD in 1980. Arrived about 2.00pm and wandered round the back of the venue to find roadies loading in the gear. No one seemed to mind my presence and I soon found myself on the stage talking to Wolfgang Duren who was showing me the new PPG equipment and giving me leaflets. Talked to Edgar, Chris and Johannes when they arrived for the soundcheck.

Wow. Wish I'd been there. A TD roadie for the day....awesome.
whiteeagle

Post by whiteeagle »

I travelled to Ipswich Gaumont to see TD in 1980. Arrived about 2.00pm and wandered round the back of the venue to find roadies loading in the gear. No one seemed to mind my presence and I soon found myself on the stage talking to Wolfgang Duren who was showing me the new PPG equipment and giving me leaflets. Talked to Edgar, Chris and Johannes when they arrived for the soundcheck.

Any photos from that day, please Sir? :lol: :o :shock:
Peter Beasley

Post by Peter Beasley »

I'm afraid not.