YPSILON IN MALAYSIAN PALE

bigmoog
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

YPSILON IN MALAYSIAN PALE

Post by bigmoog »

I revisited the vinyl copies of EIMP tonight, truly special evening of electronic music at the pure end of the spectra....when I originally got my hands on the release...from Virgin at Marble Arch....I sort of saw it as Rubycon's companion piece.....but thats very wrong...it is not another Rubycon...it is CINEMA in music...an evocation in atmosphere and the minds eye....

Tonight listening in headphones in darkness ( as all great TD must be enjoyed)...I have loved the music so much that I now decide that it is the greatest slab of vinyl produced by Edgar*

*er, oh gawd....aqua, MT, 200 TD releases

one must remember that TD cover art of the 70's is also unsurpassed by anyone...

BM listens, you then read his opinons.............. :arrow:
...The wise.....are silent.....
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

I like this LP too. I didn't at first though but after many moons grew to appreciate it more. Maroubra Bay being a wonderfull piece. I also own an original CD copy 500 quid to you BM. Or Bowie's MWSTW with dress cover..I'm still after that. :wink:
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

John, my copy of mwstw dress cover is not 4 sale. I will swap it for chris franke's solo lp test pressing from 1977. Only 1 in existance. Or 8grand in readies orzzzz
...The wise.....are silent.....
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

I think you know my feelings on this one Mr BM...........Edgar's classic IMHO and the truly wonderful Maroubra Bay is priceless... Sublime :arrow:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
rattymouse

Post by rattymouse »

epsilon75 wrote:I think you know my feelings on this one Mr BM...........Edgar's classic IMHO and the truly wonderful Maroubra Bay is priceless... Sublime :arrow:
Sadly out of print and re-recorded in a terrible fashion.
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

still not heard the original Epsilon, but I do love the re-worked Maroubra Bay, on Orange Light Years, in excellent sound quality.
“There are powers at work in this country about which we have no knowledge.”
timer

Post by timer »

Fantastic CD - only recently discovered by myself after 27yrs ! :roll:
DSJR

Post by DSJR »

I was lucky enough to be around first time round and have the LP and CD of the original version..

I love this record, but in a very different way to Rubycon. This is something more personal, the simplicity and lack of *dressing up* giving a very honest view of Edgar's musical feelings back then.

As for Maroubra Bay, it's a [buried] treasure, like one of those naughty treats we secretly indulge in from time to time...

Another record that touches my soul...
rattymouse

Post by rattymouse »

DSJR wrote:I was lucky enough to be around first time round and have the LP and CD of the original version..

I love this record, but in a very different way to Rubycon. This is something more personal, the simplicity and lack of *dressing up* giving a very honest view of Edgar's musical feelings back then.

As for Maroubra Bay, it's a [buried] treasure, like one of those naughty treats we secretly indulge in from time to time...

Another record that touches my soul...
Great post. The original EIMP is by far, one of the most astonishing pieces of music I have EVER heard. A mind blowing amount of creativity, depth, feeling, and passion. No other solo work by Edgar and very few TD albums come close to EIMP.
HYPERBOREA

Post by HYPERBOREA »

Maroubra Bay, the mellotron masterpiece. I still prefer the original vinyl version where the melody line is more to the fore in the the mix. Still getting used the the bicycle bell on the CD !
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

HYPERBOREA wrote:Maroubra Bay, the mellotron masterpiece. I still prefer the original vinyl version where the melody line is more to the fore in the the mix. Still getting used the the bicycle bell on the CD !
I'm listening to the cd now. Heavenly! :D
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

Must get this out haven't listened to it for years
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

I was well chuffed that EF signed my original copy at the concert........i been wanting that for some time 8) :D
Froesesque

Post by Froesesque »

All I have heard is the re-release version, a nice album in-deedy
You were only supposed to blow the bladdy doors off!!!!
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Froesesque wrote:All I have heard is the re-release version, a nice album in-deedy
I'm a bit of a fan of the tangentised re-releases but even I have to say that I prefer the original of EIMP. The tangentising doesn't really add anything to the original and in one or two points is a little irritating IMO. Mind you if you can't afford or get hold of the original it's a good substitute.