YPSILON IN MALAYSIAN PALE

bigmoog
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by bigmoog »

Its quite easy to write about your favourite records, but in the case of TD, I can easily write over and over...so I will

The odd thing about many TD and TD solo albums, especially from the classic era, is that they are strange, very strange: from the marvellous cover artwork, whether by edgar or monique to the extremely (and it is, there is no argument on this) outre music, that now in 2008 is by turns modern yet archaic, familiar yet beautifully new on each listening. Addictive is the quality I mean.

Y(E)IMP is such an album, from the evocative cover art, associative track titles and the music, oh, the music. Originally those years ago, I found the music too calm and meditative, as a very young man my feelings leant towards more challenging and weird music, EIMP sounded distant and almost seditative in its soundscape - I wanted, I think another Phaedra or Atem. But once I listened again and again and I got it, which was around the late 70's, EIMP became the companion to many great dreams and adventures, and now I visit the LP often and hear the dreams anew. Which, actually is what all great TD music does for me: its a personal friend that travels with you from the minute one listens, allowing deep pleasure and awe.

The three total Froeseian albums: AQUA, EIMP and Macular are in my humble opinon amongst the finest music ever made. (er, along with my other opinionated favourites from TD/EF)

Tangerine Dream music is not surrealist music, it is realist, alchemical and mystical and also a hell of a load of fun.

see you all later for a repeat repeat posting
...The wise.....are silent.....
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

Great post Jon...and a sensible one :wink:
timer

Post by timer »

sparrow wrote:Great post Jon...and a sensible one :wink:
:shock:
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

timer wrote:
sparrow wrote:Great post Jon...and a sensible one :wink:
:shock:
:arrow: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Laserdisc Dream

Post by Laserdisc Dream »

Enjoy Listen too Edgar Froese Music. :wink:

:!: :arrow:
Nero

Post by Nero »

Simply the best solo album by EF. 8)
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Nero wrote:Simply the best solo album by EF. 8)
How could i possibley disagree :D :wink:
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

epsilon75 wrote:
How could i possibley disagree :D :wink:

YIMP, EIMP, eee eye em pee

its an all time classic album, greatest music, superb cover, immense, total brilliance awesome _____DRIBBLE_____
...The wise.....are silent.....
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

Well most fans seem to think Stuntman is his best album at the moment, if you go by Andy`s poll anyway.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

cantosis wrote:

Well most fans seem to think Stuntman is his best album at the moment, if you go by Andy`s poll anyway.
No matter what the poll will say,we all have our individual favorites and thats what makes it interesting.
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

epsilon75 wrote:
cantosis wrote:

No matter what the poll will say,we all have our individual favorites and thats what makes it interesting.

true, to be totally honest I don`t listen to his solo albums that often, the older material anyway but I find it hard to pick.
jacob

Post by jacob »

sparrow

Post by sparrow »

I still love the cover. I remember buying my vinyl copy and the usually dour shop assistant made a complementary comment on the artwork.
har

Post by har »

That cover is class.

Could do with getting that on my i pod somehow!

Never seen a record or cd of eimp, YET!
DSJR

Post by DSJR »

Still love it, despite its simplicity. That's what gives it its charm - and no tweaking with it for me, the original is fine for me thanks :D