MACULAR TRANSFER

bigmoog
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

MACULAR TRANSFER

Post by bigmoog »

one of my favourite recordings, still a fantastic slab of EM

but jazz (check the 'genre' )it certainly aint :

http://www.spiralvinyl.com/product/product12346390
...The wise.....are silent.....
epsilon75

Re: MACULAR TRANSFER

Post by epsilon75 »

bigmoog wrote:one of my favourite recordings, still a fantastic slab of EM

What a phenomenal album this is,another slab of EF genius and a must have on CD 8)
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
rattymouse

Post by rattymouse »

An awesome recording to be sure. One I am glad to have. I often hear Macula Transfer compared to the sound of a large diahretic Rhino, suffering from Tourette's Syndrome, falling down a long flight of stairs. It is THAT good.
rotwang

Post by rotwang »

rattymouse wrote:

An awesome recording to be sure. One I am glad to have. I often hear Macula Transfer compared to the sound of a large diahretic Rhino, suffering from Tourette's Syndrome, falling down a long flight of stairs. It is THAT good.
Not for the rhino, I should think. :D
I am not a slow writer, I am not a fast writer, I am a half-fast writer.
-- Robert Asprin
timer

Post by timer »

there are some nasty bootleg vinyls of these coming out of Japan, as ssen on ebay the other week.
rattymouse

Post by rattymouse »

rotwang wrote:
rattymouse wrote:

Just an expression that tries to convey the awesome power of this Froese solo album.
rotwang

Post by rotwang »

rattymouse wrote:
rotwang wrote:
rattymouse wrote: An awesome recording to be sure. One I am glad to have. I often hear Macula Transfer compared to the sound of a large diahretic Rhino, suffering from Tourette's Syndrome, falling down a long flight of stairs. It is THAT good.
Just an expression that tries to convey the awesome power of this Froese solo album.
No arguments there. It's a wonderful album from Edgar.
I am not a slow writer, I am not a fast writer, I am a half-fast writer.
-- Robert Asprin
redziller

Post by redziller »

I have to say that the IF810 off the original is the best version I've heard - though I've not yet purchased the most recent render.
imho

TD

/ did \
- does - ROCK!
\ will /

https://shiningpyramid.bandcamp.com/releases

http://www.redziller.co.uk/ffp/ TD video game
rattymouse

Post by rattymouse »

redziller wrote:I have to say that the IF810 off the original is the best version I've heard - though I've not yet purchased the most recent render.
I wouldnt buy the new re-recorded version. Many have not had good words to say about it.

SMD said that, "the synths sounds Froese used here evoke a deep, howling moan that sounds like two flatulent hippos running into a chain-linked fence."

While EM Magazine stated that, "The shrieking synths used by Edgar Froese on this remixed album produce sounds akin to a squid attacking a mongoose's gonaads"

Although Keyboard Magazine liked this CD, " Patterns created from "Quantas 611" are similar to getting suckerpunched in the throat by a gorilla. And probably most interestingly, "OS 452" creates dramatic changes from pain (stubbing a toe) to extreme pain (applying a cheese grater to one's feet, then walking on cold coals), mostly from its misspelled title, not the music.

AMG said listening to the album is slightly less enjoyable than listening to a flatulent camel getting a lava enema or like the mating call of a dying yak, but set to music. Meanwhile, the deaf smile.

They also allowed that the music could bee used both as sound effects for a disaster movie AND to scare hyenas off a carcass?

Sorry, but i'll pass.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Im glad i managed to get the original on CD,but i still enjoy the 2005 version :arrow:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
24db

Post by 24db »

Never rated either version, but this is what CDS said about the re-mastered/ re-recorded version:

Edgar W. Froese “Macula Transfer”
(Eastgate, 2005)
5 tracks, 37.57 mins

The lore behind the CD of Macula Transfer is well known to Tangerine Dream fans. A pressing of 1000 copies were made, the distributor thinking they had permission from Edgar to release it. Almost immediately it became known that was not his intent, and that no further copies would be made. I bought my copy for $30, and still cherish it, though more for its value as a collectible than for the intrinsic value musically, as it is a little rough around the edges. But now, Edgar has released a new version that adds extra synth touches here and there while retaining much the spirit of the original. The playful guitar work is still there on “Os 452,” but the chugging bass line is softened just so. “Af 765” has a new beginning that sounds contemporary, more like something from Dalinetopia, but quickly the do-do-do-do bass pattern asserts itself in very recognizable fashion, again with just a bit of the edges shorn off, yielding positive results. The wild ending like a spaceship taking off remains intact, although the music then continues with a new ending of several seconds, having that familiar tacked-on feeling that occurs sometimes when Froese reworks his material. “Quantas 611” remains as haunting as before, with a few extra synthetic textures folded into the mix. “If 810” sounds virtually nearly as good for most of the way then, like “Af 765,” adds an unfamiliar slightly out-of-place ending to bring the disc to a close. I wish the original endings of these two had been kept, particularly as a way to conclude the disc, but otherwise I find little fault with this new recording that should be a good way for fans who missed the first CD release of Macula Transfer to get their fix.
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

I like this album, in it's original and reincarnated format.
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
timer

Post by timer »

I prefer the original over the remixed/remastered/rehashed/re-editted/reproduced, release a couple of yrs back.
Laserdisc Dream

Post by Laserdisc Dream »

Re-recoded, Re-stored, & Digitally Re-mastered with (5.1 Dolby Digital Full Blast)
:wink: :arrow:

ピーターAKAレーザーディスク夢
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

like all 70's era EF/TD, the whole package is the point, the gatefold cover......is the music......another classic piece of cover art. 8)
...The wise.....are silent.....