Favourite TD Members Solo Output

Which current or previous TD member do you think has produced the best solo material?

Poll ended at Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:05 pm

Edgar Froese
69%
Johannes Schmoelling
15%
Chris Franke
4%
Paul Haslinger
No votes
Peter Baumann
No votes
Jerome Froese
12%

Total votes: 26

sparrow
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by sparrow »

EF for me. Although I do like JS stuff it seems to be missing something on a lot of tracks. PB in third and JF fourth. I've only heard one PH disc..Future Primitive which IMO is pants. CF has only made 3 decent albums in PCH , The London Concert & Klemania. All IMHO of course.
hansx

Post by hansx »

Also Edgar for me. However I think that the other are not so bad either. Johannes wrote some great stuff. Christopher also did, especially when you take his first cd's and forget the Babylon 5 stuff.
DSJR

Post by DSJR »

Overall it's got to be Edgar, as I "grew" with his music (along with TD) over the years.

Trouble is, I really love the two PB seventies albums and Jerome is doing some superb work as well... I haven't all the JS CD's but the first two are sublime and musically accomplished.

Overall and for getting to the nub of things so well and so often (apart from Phaedra '05 - GRRRR), it has to be Edgar (God bless 'im)...
Beaubourg

Post by Beaubourg »

Certainly Edgar comes first (with Pinnacles being my absolute fave).

Johannes comes second with Wuivend Riet - and I must say Instant City is excellent!

Then comes Neptunes...

Franke's London Concert comes a bit before PCH. The rest? They went on eBay many moons ago. :-)

Haslinger's material I don't care for. Shame.

As far as Baumann, I've never been exposed (except for the singles on the EO compilation).

Recommendations of his similar to his time with TD, anyone?...
DSJR

Post by DSJR »

PB made two albums in the late seventies - the first around and in between Sorcerer IIRC...

Both are amazing in their own right, the first is "classic TD" influenced, the second a little more "pop" in feel, but still sequencer based with a few drum thwacks here and there..........

Sequencer King? I think PB has been shamefully forgotten, as his influence and sounds are still used here and there...
24db

Post by 24db »

Beaubourg wrote:Certainly Edgar comes first (with Pinnacles being my absolute fave).

Johannes comes second with Wuivend Riet - and I must say Instant City is excellent!

Then comes Neptunes...

Franke's London Concert comes a bit before PCH. The rest? They went on eBay many moons ago. :-)

Haslinger's material I don't care for. Shame.

As far as Baumann, I've never been exposed (except for the singles on the EO compilation).

Recommendations of his similar to his time with TD, anyone?...
the nearest to PB on Romance 76 and Transharmonic Nights would be 'Stratosfear'...albeit a popier version of it ;)
DSJR

Post by DSJR »

To re-inforce the point, the three band members really were a "Power Trio" at that time and PB really made his mark, far more than we probably gave him credit for in the past, despite his free spirit (people like that can never settle in one "place" for long).
Beaubourg

Post by Beaubourg »

Thanks for the info!

I just checked both eBays (US and UK) and saw no sight of Romance '76 on CD on either.

Am I looking at a snowball's chance in Hell, here?
24db

Post by 24db »

Beaubourg wrote:Thanks for the info!

I just checked both eBays (US and UK) and saw no sight of Romance '76 on CD on either.

Am I looking at a snowball's chance in Hell, here?
They're quite Rare mate, although they do turn up from time to time...but that means they're expensive. Far easier to get it on LP.

Worth keeping an eye out for though, there's some great sequencer work from the 'sequencer king' ;)
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

eil.com have a Japanese pressing of ROMANCE 76 for £45 :arrow:

I would buy it, but I already have 5 copies :roll:
...The wise.....are silent.....
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

bigmoog wrote:I would buy it, but I already have 5 copies :roll:
No wonder it's that rare! :D I bought my copy in London, I think it costed less than 10 pounds. I've transferred all my Baumann music to cdr, so I can play it at parties :D
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

Pertou wrote:
bigmoog wrote:I would buy it, but I already have 5 copies :roll:
No wonder it's that rare! :D I bought my copy in London, I think it costed less than 10 pounds. I've transferred all my Baumann music to cdr, so I can play it at parties :D

I sincerely apologise for the post, if it appears gloating or greedy, but 3 copies are a bit worn out due to over playing

after all R76 is 100% the finest EM
...The wise.....are silent.....
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

:D :wink:
Brien Comerford

Post by Brien Comerford »

This is very easy. Edgar's Ambient Highway Series and Beyond The Storm are amazing. All of his solo CDs are good and some rival the quality of vintage Tangerine Dream recordings. Jerome's one really great song is "The Fade From Death To Afterlife". Neptunes is very impressive ! Remember, Edgar is the heart and soul of TD.
akaihead

Post by akaihead »

Ehhhhhhh

Where's Klaus ????

Just finished listening to 'Dresden 1' again -- Quality stuff but I'm probably talking to myself....... :roll:
David Fox