Picture Palace music - Somnambulistic Tunes

Darth
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by Darth »

If you have listened to the mp3`s on their homepage (a few mounth ago, now they are not there anymore) you may have noticed that the music inspired by "Das Cabinet des Dr. Caligari" sounds different from the music inspired by "metropolis" or "nosferatu".
So it is not TD, but you cannot say THIS IS PPM, because they always have to create a new sound if they are working on a film. I hope that every new ppm-album will be a new world of music and I can`t wait for the complete metropolis-cd. (metropolis-theme is great!!!)

I haven`t seen "caligari", but I think this stuff will work with the movie. And it works without. I like the sound. Very mysterious.

Greetings
Darth
24db

Post by 24db »

welcome to the forum Darth
Darth

Post by Darth »

Hi 24db,
thank you very much, but this is not my first time posting here. (It was before they had the new homepage)
24db

Post by 24db »

Darth wrote:Hi 24db,
thank you very much, but this is not my first time posting here. (It was before they had the new homepage)
welcome back ;) hope you'll post some more
ant

Post by ant »

:D I got my copy of this yesterday and I thought it was very good. It is a long time since I have seen the film so it is hard for me to say if he captures it well without seeing it again but purely as a collection of musical impressions I thought it was very interesting and will probably get better with each listen. If you are a lover of soundtrack music this will probably appeal to you, if not you will probably find it is not up your street, but I would suggest you give it a go - you may be pleasantly surprised. Does anyone know if the PPM Metropolis music is planned for a release as I would be very interested in that. I love that movie and with Edgar already having done his 11min impression on it it would be great to hear Thorsten's now. :D
Biggus Dickus
jacob

Post by jacob »

I like this one, but I wonder if this, along with the Symphony For Vampires originally were released as demo-cdrs at concerts and such?

http://www.picture-palace-music.com/ppm/30.htm