Klaus Schulze Re-Releases

phaedra1974
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by phaedra1974 »

So if nobody can answer my question I will ask kdm. Hope, he will give me an answer...
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

phaedra1974 wrote:So if nobody can answer my question I will ask kdm. Hope, he will give me an answer...
Knowing what KDM is like I suspect he wouldn't give a straight answer.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

sparrow wrote:
phaedra1974 wrote:So if nobody can answer my question I will ask kdm. Hope, he will give me an answer...
He would probably agree to tell you if you signed a contract agreeing to buy them all :mrgreen: :arrow:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

epsilon75 wrote:
sparrow wrote:
He would probably agree to tell you if you signed a contract agreeing to buy them all :mrgreen: :arrow:
Before I had tinternet. I sent a letter to KDM. Give him his due he replied within the week. But he spent a whole paragraph criticising my handwriting. I had asked for a signed photo of Klaus and he spent another 4 lines saying that I was being a bit cheeky for asking. He did answer a few questions but his reply made me very pissed off.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Not got a lot of time for people like that John,thats enough to put a fan off for life :roll: Totally no need to be so damned ignorant :arrow:
akaihead

Post by akaihead »

Have had corrospondance with him over the years - sometimes niece sometimes ehhhh well you wish you had not bothered asking.

One interesting one was on why no KS DVD ? Went along the lines that with KS main distribution being via the studio (i.e. little live opportunities) perhaps it may be nice to see the CD being made and sort of a 'studio live' given also that we are dealing with one of the nicest people in the business (KS) This was well (years) before MFD etc ................Well the lecture as to why not, should not, could not, ...........

Never ask again ! :cry:
David Fox
Schulze

Post by Schulze »

akaihead wrote:Have had corrospondance with him over the years - sometimes niece sometimes ehhhh well you wish you had not bothered asking.

One interesting one was on why no KS DVD ? Went along the lines that with KS main distribution being via the studio (i.e. little live opportunities) perhaps it may be nice to see the CD being made and sort of a 'studio live' given also that we are dealing with one of the nicest people in the business (KS) This was well (years) before MFD etc ................Well the lecture as to why not, should not, could not, ...........

Never ask again ! :cry:
The DVD situation has been helped a bit by the release of the bonus live DVD with Dig It, "Stahlsinfonie 1980", and also the Poznan DVD from 2003.

There are other films of KS in existence, but according to KDM they are pretty poor quality. Still I'd sooner see them released in some format, perhaps as part of the ongoing re-releases of his albums than not at all.

Filming him in the studio at work sounds like a great idea to me. With technology becoming cheaper this wouldn't cost too much and they could do a limited run of DVD-Rs even just for Circle members the same as they did with Poznan a few years ago to keep the fans happy. I'm a fan and that would indeed keep me happy..... :wink:

KDM was probably p*ssed because he hadn't thought of it first.... :wink:
Be at one with the sequencing.....
akaihead

Post by akaihead »

Yeah Dig-it was good.
Agreed I thought we'd get more of this - perhaps all the bits and pieces thrown in to the re-releases - would not have mattered about the quality then as you'd be getting the cd's anyway.

Still would have prefered this to re-releasing all the COMTEMPORARY WORKS 1 cds like they appear to have done (having paid a lot for the box in the first place) - with little or no extras cause of their length. :evil:
David Fox
Schulze

Post by Schulze »

akaihead wrote:Yeah Dig-it was good.
Agreed I thought we'd get more of this - perhaps all the bits and pieces thrown in to the re-releases - would not have mattered about the quality then as you'd be getting the cd's anyway.

Still would have prefered this to re-releasing all the COMTEMPORARY WORKS 1 cds like they appear to have done (having paid a lot for the box in the first place) - with little or no extras cause of their length. :evil:
Ditto mate.

I've got the wooden box myself and from memory i think i paid about 300 German DM for it back then, which was about £100, so the re-releases from this set are of absolutely no interest to me.

Then again they'll argue that the re-releases are giving people access to the music on this set as the set has now gone out of print.... :wink:

Apparently CDs from The Ultimate Edition are also going to be re-released sometime in the nearish future, with of course bonus tracks...... :wink:
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

Schulze wrote:Apparently CDs from The Ultimate Edition are also going to be re-released sometime in the nearish future, with of course bonus tracks...... :wink:
I would welcome that a lot! The KS re-issue series will become the biggest of it's kind, if that happen, I guess.
I will not buy all anyway, but some outtakes anno Cyborg and Blackdance could be awesome. 8)
Schulze

Post by Schulze »

Pertou wrote:
Schulze wrote:Apparently CDs from The Ultimate Edition are also going to be re-released sometime in the nearish future, with of course bonus tracks...... :wink:
I would welcome that a lot! The KS re-issue series will become the biggest of it's kind, if that happen, I guess.
I will not buy all anyway, but some outtakes anno Cyborg and Blackdance could be awesome. 8)
There's certainly plenty of those on the Ultimate Edition with some of them lasting up to one hour....
Schulze

Post by Schulze »

was through in Glasgow today and wandered into HMV. I don't normally go into these places as they tend to not have about 90% of the sort of music I'm looking for, and then be overstocked with the sort of music i hate - chart stuff etc....

However and just out of interest i found myself wandering over to "S", and was absolutely stunned to see that they actually had a single copy "KONTINUUM" for sale, all be it a bit pricey at £15.99 :shock:

Also had a look in FOPP and found TD's MFD (CD Only Version) for £11.99.

Stranger things have happened i suppose....... :wink:
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Schulze wrote:was through in Glasgow today and wandered into HMV. I don't normally go into these places as they tend to not have about 90% of the sort of music I'm looking for, and then be overstocked with the sort of music i hate - chart stuff etc....

However and just out of interest i found myself wandering over to "S", and was absolutely stunned to see that they actually had a single copy "KONTINUUM" for sale, all be it a bit pricey at £15.99 :shock:

Also had a look in FOPP and found TD's MFD (CD Only Version) for £11.99.

Stranger things have happened i suppose....... :wink:
Nice to know they are there but not exactly cheap :wink: :arrow:
Lonely Cowboy

Post by Lonely Cowboy »

I don't like Schulze's music at all, it's mostly boring to me and lacks of inspiration. It doesn't say much to me. I'm maybe one of those TD fans who think that Schulze's music has not much in common with TD's compositions. Maybe one or the other thinks just as me.
Marriage is the triumph of imagination over intelligence. Second marriage is the triumph of hope over experience. OSCAR WILDE
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

Lonely Cowboy wrote:I don't like Schulze's music at all, it's mostly boring to me and lacks of inspiration. It doesn't say much to me. I'm maybe one of those TD fans who think that Schulze's music has not much in common with TD's compositions. Maybe one or the other thinks just as me.
I don't see too many siimilarities with TD's music and find KS's work a little ponderous. However, I've only heard about half a dozen albums, so I may be doing him a disservice.
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese