Klaus Schulze Re-Releases

sparrow
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by sparrow »

Hobo wrote:
Lonely Cowboy wrote:I don't like Schulze's music at all, it's mostly boring to me and lacks of inspiration. It doesn't say much to me. I'm maybe one of those TD fans who think that Schulze's music has not much in common with TD's compositions. Maybe one or the other thinks just as me.
I don't see too many siimilarities with TD's music and find KS's work a little ponderous. However, I've only heard about half a dozen albums, so I may be doing him a disservice.

RIGHT...PISTOLS AT DAWN :!: :!: :!:

Nah I can really understand people who don't care for KS music. I agree Mick KS music and TD music is a totally different kettle o' fish. KS can be seen as many as boring and lacking a tune whereas TD have more in your face sequences and a heluva lot of hum along tunes . I would say I like both artists equally but depending on my mood I sometimes can't be bother with KS at all. TD seem to have moved away from the long soundscapes from way back when whereas KS still does 30 odd minute tracks which is what his pieces are about. He likes to develop a theme and then keep it going for a while and then gradually bring it to the fore and then end a long track. Some of you won't have heard the very long tracks on the Ultimate Edition which go on for 78 minutes with various segued movements on them. Some can be very boring even to my KS loving ears but then again some are absolutely mindblowing IMO.

Klaus music is nowhere near as palatable as TD's and thats probably why TD are a bit more popular.
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

sparrow wrote:
Hobo wrote:
Lonely Cowboy wrote:I don't like Schulze's music at all, it's mostly boring to me and lacks of inspiration. It doesn't say much to me. I'm maybe one of those TD fans who think that Schulze's music has not much in common with TD's compositions. Maybe one or the other thinks just as me.
I don't see too many siimilarities with TD's music and find KS's work a little ponderous. However, I've only heard about half a dozen albums, so I may be doing him a disservice.

RIGHT...PISTOLS AT DAWN :!: :!: :!:

Nah I can really understand people who don't care for KS music. I agree Mick KS music and TD music is a totally different kettle o' fish. KS can be seen as many as boring and lacking a tune whereas TD have more in your face sequences and a heluva lot of hum along tunes . I would say I like both artists equally but depending on my mood I sometimes can't be bother with KS at all. TD seem to have moved away from the long soundscapes from way back when whereas KS still does 30 odd minute tracks which is what his pieces are about. He likes to develop a theme and then keep it going for a while and then gradually bring it to the fore and then end a long track. Some of you won't have heard the very long tracks on the Ultimate Edition which go on for 78 minutes with various segued movements on them. Some can be very boring even to my KS loving ears but then again some are absolutely mindblowing IMO.

Klaus music is nowhere near as palatable as TD's and thats probably why TD are a bit more popular.
I like the longer format John, but over 30 minutes there has to be a hook, however slight, to hold the attention. There are probably a good many KS pieces I would like, but the extensive portfolio puts me off searching.
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
Schulze

Post by Schulze »

Hobo wrote:
I like the longer format John, but over 30 minutes there has to be a hook, however slight, to hold the attention. There are probably a good many KS pieces I would like, but the extensive portfolio puts me off searching.
I've got the Ultimate Edition and would agree that a few of the tracks are indeed hard work and go on far too long. However there are others where he gets it just right.

Some of those live pieces from the mid 70's can run up to one hour and have sound quality that puts much of what I've heard on TD's Bootleg boxes to shame.... :shock:

Then again there is music on the Ultimate Edition recorded in the early 90's that to my ears is just plain boring, and clearly IMHO put on as a filler....

The music of TD and KS is different, and it's always been this way. What they did have in common was basically that they were both involved in bringing Electronic Music to the masses back in the 70's, and they both came from Germany, and the similarities for me end there.

One must also remember that Klaus Schulze (with the exception of the Wanfried projects) is essentially a solo artist, again it has always been this way. Whereas TD are a group and always have been, all be it in various line ups, and it's my opinion that the longevity of TD owes much to the many talented people who have been members down the years.

I love the the music of both TD and Klaus Schulze but if either releases a duff album I'll acknowledge that. In Klaus Schulze's case i'd mention Totentag, Afrika, Royal Festival Hall 1 & 2. In TD's case Rockoon springs to mind. :shock:

I think it's just a case of buy what you want from each artist, and the ones you don't like.... leave them on the shelve and buy something else with your hard earned.... :wink:

Anyway just some random thoughts from a TD loving Schulze fan or could that be a Schulze loving TD fan...... i love them both :wink:
Be at one with the sequencing.....
phaedra1974

Post by phaedra1974 »

After talking with other fans and with kdm himself I´ve got the following information: there excists a provisional list with all albums that should be rereleased numbered from 1-100. But a few will now not get released because of several reasons.

Some albums (the older Wahnfried and the virgin releases) will not be released because of rights with the record companies. Other albums like "Goes classic" or "Totentag" (both first were announced to be released) will not be released because Klaus Schulze don´t want it. I regret that very much because I like them all.

So we have to await what rereleases the future brings. :)

The next four will be: Body Love 2, Trancelation (Wahnfried), Ballett 4 and Virtual Outback.
Schulze

Post by Schulze »

phaedra1974 wrote:After talking with other fans and with kdm himself I´ve got the following information: there excists a provisional list with all albums that should be rereleased numbered from 1-100. But a few will now not get released because of several reasons.

Some albums (the older Wahnfried and the virgin releases) will not be released because of rights with the record companies. Other albums like "Goes classic" or "Totentag" (both first were announced to be released) will not be released because Klaus Schulze don´t want it. I regret that very much because I like them all.

So we have to await what rereleases the future brings. :)

The next four will be: Body Love 2, Trancelation (Wahnfried), Ballett 4 and Virtual Outback.
Thanks for the info :)

I used to own Totentag and could never get into it. Very difficult listening. I still own Goes Classic, but after listening to it occasionally over a number of years like Totentag i would regard it as one of Klaus's lesser albums IMHO.

I think he maybe realises that these 2 would not sell particularly well, and would thus not justify the repackaging and re-release costs.

Of the new ones I will definitely be purchaseing Body Love 2 from 1977, as is contains a single track "Stardancer II" which i consider to one of the best pieces of music he ever did. Also with a running time of 56 minutes this leaves space for a nice 20+ minute slice of bonus track..... :wink:
Be at one with the sequencing.....