New Chris Franke CD...

billythefish
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by billythefish »

bigmoog wrote:I really rate Pacific Coast Highway, enjoyed it immensely on its vinyl release.........then it was one hellova downhill sleigh ride to slush

IMHO, of course :arrow:

and I never expected album after album of 70s moog festivals......just engaging, sonic images created to enhance my listening pleasure, not boring bland ephemeral codswallop*

*OH SH*T, IM A GRIZZLY :shock:
I agree about PCH- but I liked Celestine Prophecy a lot too, and the Enchanting Nature compilation has some excellent otherwise unreleased stuff.

I haven't heard a single decent soundtrack though. Terribly cliched orchestral work as far as I see.
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

epsilon75 wrote:
timer wrote:
bigmoog wrote:the powerful lure of the hollow wood dollar, it doth dull and temper even the greatest talent.......

:arrow:
If this is the case BM its a real shame, as the London Concert & Pacific coast highway ,for me, showed great promise.
Definite case of the lure of the $$$$$$$$$$$ & the Hollywood bright lights IMHO :arrow:
That's my opinion as well. He certainly hasn't done anything experimental in quite some time.
nightmare strand

Post by nightmare strand »

Does anyone know to what extent Chris Franke has been able to influence the future release of any TD material pre 1988, and which compositions if any he has been able to secure the exclusive rights to. Given his current solo direction and his declaration back in 1987 that TD had become a spent force creatively, I find it surprising that he wouldn't want to just draw a line under that chapter in his life and allow the fans to indulge in those glorious trips down memory lane when he actually cared about being innovative. The fans where afterall the one's who believed in his craft back ion the days when he was a relative unknown and expensive exotic studio locations in Los Angeles where but a distant dream.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

nightmare strand wrote:Does anyone know to what extent Chris Franke has been able to influence the future release of any TD material pre 1988, and which compositions if any he has been able to secure the exclusive rights to. Given his current solo direction and his declaration back in 1987 that TD had become a spent force creatively, I find it surprising that he wouldn't want to just draw a line under that chapter in his life and allow the fans to indulge in those glorious trips down memory lane when he actually cared about being innovative. The fans where afterall the one's who believed in his craft back ion the days when he was a relative unknown and expensive exotic studio locations in Los Angeles where but a distant dream.
I think only Edgar can tell us what influence CF has on any releases pre 1988.............
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

epsilon75 wrote:
nightmare strand wrote:Does anyone know to what extent Chris Franke has been able to influence the future release of any TD material pre 1988, and which compositions if any he has been able to secure the exclusive rights to. Given his current solo direction and his declaration back in 1987 that TD had become a spent force creatively, I find it surprising that he wouldn't want to just draw a line under that chapter in his life and allow the fans to indulge in those glorious trips down memory lane when he actually cared about being innovative. The fans where afterall the one's who believed in his craft back ion the days when he was a relative unknown and expensive exotic studio locations in Los Angeles where but a distant dream.
I think only Edgar can tell us what influence CF has on any releases pre 1988.............
I don't know if it's relevant but we were told some time about an early 80s Vault release that was being prepared. Not seen that, although some work had been done on it because a track was on the old TD forum radio.
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

The Celestine Prophecy is also a superb album INMO.
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

epsilon75 wrote:
I think PB, JS and Chris himself could also shed some light on this.
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese