timer
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by timer »

epsilon75 wrote:
24db wrote:
timer wrote:24dB - do you still want the jacket (uk 86) ? or would you rather it for a later rafle ?
perhaps it might be worth seeing how successful (or not) this raffle might be...too be honest I'm not that hopeful
Im sure it will prove a success.............be positive mate :wink: :arrow:
Think we should hound TD for a donation for the charity, don't think they would want any prizes though !
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

timer wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
24db wrote: perhaps it might be worth seeing how successful (or not) this raffle might be...too be honest I'm not that hopeful
Think we should hound TD for a donation for the charity, don't think they would want any prizes though !
Perhaps they could put up a special prize :idea: :idea: :idea: :wink:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
24db

Post by 24db »

epsilon75 wrote:
24db wrote:
timer wrote:24dB - do you still want the jacket (uk 86) ? or would you rather it for a later rafle ?
perhaps it might be worth seeing how successful (or not) this raffle might be...too be honest I'm not that hopeful
yeah maybe, without having a go at TD fans they can be pretty appathetic at times (Got any calls about the hotel yet?). It's just how people I are though, so I'm not complaining...yet :)
trane

Post by trane »

Steelyman

Posted: Sat May 12, 2007 4:28 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Pertou, Timer and Trane, thanks for responding to my message.
Your English is very good Pertou, certainly better than my Hungarian!
I think many people fail to realise just how difficult it was living under the communist regime. We take so much for granted in the democratic countries, I can't imagine being denied access to the music of my choice.
You mention Rick Wakeman, I got the album he did a couple of years ago called Retro on which he used many early synthesisers, it's worth a listen.

Other favourite artists/bands are Jean Michel Jarre- I've seen him perform live on three occasions and was in heaven each time. I also love Mike Oldfield, the dvd of his Exposed concerts in 1977 is worth getting although it is showing it's age a bit!

Glad to hear there are some ladies who enjoy TD, I think a person's taste in music says an awful lot about them and I would put us TD fans at the top of the pile when it comes to sophisticaton and intelligence!
steelyman, just to be clear, it was me, trane, not pertou, from hungary :wink: actually, living in the communist country mine used to be was in one hand quite depressing, but in the other hand it did really offer you true challenges, reflected partly in art. since the change of the system arts in hungary have constantly been declining... however, i know it's proven by e.g. psychologists than when there is some kind of stress/burden/whatever you call it on (talented) people the output in arts is always richer not only in quantity but in conent, too
save the trees, eat beavers :-D
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

Welcome Steelyman!

Re. female TD fans: I sat next to a couple at the RFH concert. It was the girl who had brought her boyfriend along, and she was explaining to him what they had done in the past that he may know (mainly filmscores). She had forgotten the title of 'Sorcerer', so I stepped in and reminded her! They seemed to enjoy the concert too. I would guess they were around my age (mid thirties).

One thought (warning: huge generalisation approaching) - my impression is that men are more prone to joining forums or fan groups such as this than women. On-line presence is a very distorted and small cross-section of the real fan population.
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!