24db
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by 24db »

Hobo wrote:
24db wrote:
Steelyman wrote:Thanks all for the warm welcome, it's always good to be among like-minded people.
The other classic response when you tell folks you like Tangerine Dream is "Oh, what do they sing?" LOL
Anyone else like Philip Glass, I got Koyaanisqatsi a couple of months back and was instantly taken with it.
On DVD? or on CD, did you know there's two versions of the soundtrack, the later one has been completely re-recorded. I love some of Glass's music and some just leaves me cold, but Koyaanisqatsi (the film and soundtrack) is just stunning
Ditto that Andy. A beautiful piece of work (film and music).
it's just a shame that the follow up was so poor (IMHO)...although the opening shots in the open cast mine are brilliant. After that I didn't even bother tracking down the last film
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

24db wrote:
Hobo wrote:
24db wrote: On DVD? or on CD, did you know there's two versions of the soundtrack, the later one has been completely re-recorded. I love some of Glass's music and some just leaves me cold, but Koyaanisqatsi (the film and soundtrack) is just stunning
Ditto that Andy. A beautiful piece of work (film and music).
it's just a shame that the follow up was so poor (IMHO)...although the opening shots in the open cast mine are brilliant. After that I didn't even bother tracking down the last film
I liked it, but as you say, the opening shots set the bar very high. Ron Fricke's "Baraka" is another masterpiece of the genre!
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
24db

Post by 24db »

Hobo wrote:
24db wrote:
Hobo wrote: Ditto that Andy. A beautiful piece of work (film and music).
I liked it, but as you say, the opening shots set the bar very high. Ron Fricke's "Baraka" is another masterpiece of the genre!
did you know that Chris Franke 'almost' got the contract for Baraka?
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

24db wrote:
Hobo wrote:
24db wrote: it's just a shame that the follow up was so poor (IMHO)...although the opening shots in the open cast mine are brilliant. After that I didn't even bother tracking down the last film
did you know that Chris Franke 'almost' got the contract for Baraka?
I didn't, but the Dead Can Dance moments work perfectly. Perhaps Chris will get the sequel "Samsara"
Steelyman

Post by Steelyman »

This is the real beauty of music, there's always something new to discover.
I find it sad that most kids today don't go through their parent's albums and explore what has gone before.
It was the cd of Koyaanisqatsi that I got, the DVD is on my wish list at Amazon !
"I cried when I when I wrote this song, sue me if I play too long" Steely Dan
24db

Post by 24db »

Steelyman wrote:This is the real beauty of music, there's always something new to discover.
I find it sad that most kids today don't go through their parent's albums and explore what has gone before.
It was the cd of Koyaanisqatsi that I got, the DVD is on my wish list at Amazon !
the DVD is excellent with more music than the CD (TD's Michael Hoenig also worked on the music, although we've been arguing for years if it was more than as a music editor). Either way...fantastic music, and very moving since 9/11 I think
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Steelyman wrote:I find it sad that most kids today don't go through their parent's albums and explore what has gone before.
My kids haven't, they're still quite young, but I know my brothers kids have. They're really into Zep and Floyd, which to my mind is quite sad. They should be listening to their own Zeps and Floyds.
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

Chris Monk wrote:
Steelyman wrote:I find it sad that most kids today don't go through their parent's albums and explore what has gone before.
My kids haven't, they're still quite young, but I know my brothers kids have. They're really into Zep and Floyd, which to my mind is quite sad. They should be listening to their own Zeps and Floyds.
I understand what you're saying Chris, but without wanting to sound like my Dad, "turn that bloody rubbish off", I don't see too many new acts of that sort of quality and none that are likely to achieve similar longevity.
RemoteViewing81

Re: Newbie

Post by RemoteViewing81 »

Steelyman wrote:Hi, I really don't mean this to sound chauvinistic, are many females into TD ?
I know that Susan from the EM Portal is a big fan of TD. Here's her website.
http://www.dreamaiden.com/Site/Welcome.html

Welcome Steelyman... :)
"The aim of the music [of Tangerine Dream] is to paint surreal pictures with musical instruments."

http://www.voices-in-the-net.de/voiceshm.htm
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Steelyman

A warm welcome to the forum :D
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Steelyman

Post by Steelyman »

Thanks again everyone for the warm welcome.
One thing has always niggled me a bit regarding the sleeve notes on Sorcerer. It says that had William Friedkin heard of TD earlier than he did he would have asked them to score The Exorcist. Surely this is a bit of a slap in the face for Mike Oldfield, Tubular Bells is an all time classic and will always be associated with the movie
"I cried when I when I wrote this song, sue me if I play too long" Steely Dan
24db

Post by 24db »

Steelyman wrote:Thanks again everyone for the warm welcome.
One thing has always niggled me a bit regarding the sleeve notes on Sorcerer. It says that had William Friedkin heard of TD earlier than he did he would have asked them to score The Exorcist. Surely this is a bit of a slap in the face for Mike Oldfield, Tubular Bells is an all time classic and will always be associated with the movie
Billy chose Mike Oldfield's record almost at random whilst going through a pile of new records.
I agree about Mike's music being associated with the film though
timer

Post by timer »

24dB - do you still want the jacket (uk 86) ? or would you rather it for a later rafle ?
24db

Post by 24db »

timer wrote:24dB - do you still want the jacket (uk 86) ? or would you rather it for a later rafle ?
perhaps it might be worth seeing how successful (or not) this raffle might be...too be honest I'm not that hopeful
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

24db wrote:
timer wrote:24dB - do you still want the jacket (uk 86) ? or would you rather it for a later rafle ?
perhaps it might be worth seeing how successful (or not) this raffle might be...too be honest I'm not that hopeful
Im sure it will prove a success.............be positive mate :wink: :arrow:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.