solos only from froese?

trane
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

solos only from froese?

Post by trane »

correct me if i am wrong but i did not find any solo albums but froese's at td's pages mentioned - how come? also, i got through froese's pages, too, and the other td members are to say the least rather scarcely mentioned. i understand those are of froese mainly but when discussing td there in his biograpy it all sounds strange to me as if almost seemingly done without the others :-( i do not want to go against him (and his supporters, me counted :-)), but to me the whole td story was a spiritual effort translated into music by a group of people, not only of a lone guy... it's somewhat hurting - at least for me
save the trees, eat beavers :-D
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

What strikes me is that since JF have gotten his rights to his own compositions, the albums they made together have been dissolved, so that what's available in download section merely is E. Froese alone. Somehow I think it's sad. Mars Polaris is far more intersesting than Mars Mission Counter
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Pertou wrote:What strikes me is that since JF have gotten his rights to his own compositions, the albums they made together have been dissolved, so that what's available in download section merely is E. Froese alone. Somehow I think it's sad. Mars Polaris is far more intersesting than Mars Mission Counter

I tend to agree with you there Jacob :arrow: :wink:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
24db

Post by 24db »

it's about time that Jerome had more downloads on his site
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

24db wrote:it's about time that Jerome had more downloads on his site
Its about time he released another album :shock: :wink: :arrow:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
24db

Post by 24db »

epsilon75 wrote:
I'd settle for a t-shirt...and I don't like t-shirts ;)
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

24db wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
Dante is dead anyone? Shhhhh! :wink:
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
24db

Post by 24db »

Hobo wrote:
24db wrote:
epsilon75 wrote: Its about time he released another album :shock: :wink: :arrow:
Dante is dead anyone? Shhhhh! :wink:
I want one with ......................... is dead...and then I can just write in the name at a later date ;)
Froesesque

Post by Froesesque »

Pertou wrote:What strikes me is that since JF have gotten his rights to his own compositions, the albums they made together have been dissolved, so that what's available in download section merely is E. Froese alone. Somehow I think it's sad. Mars Polaris is far more intersesting than Mars Mission Counter
The whole who owns what thing has upset me too Pertou, I thought for a long time that all the compositions on the froese/froese albums had contributions by both the lads, but it looks like for the most part that they were writing independantly of each other. I hope that both Father and Son play together again sometime in the future!!!
You were only supposed to blow the bladdy doors off!!!!
nightmare strand

Post by nightmare strand »

Jerome's acquisition of the rights of his TD compositions made me wonder just how much creative interraction has taken place between the TD writers during the compositional process over the years. Schmoelling has provided some insight into the inner workings of the group particularly during his latter days in the fold where much of the material was produced in isolation . Thosten and Edgar appear to follow a similar path each having their own distinctive approach. There is definite potential for their styles to combine to create something quite magical rather than occasionally stunning and I would love to see both names appearing more regularly on a tracks writing credits.

Is this the future trend that most TD compositions will follow? Does their intensive work schedule make dividing the writing duties up a necessity, or do they just prefer to let the juices flow unhindered. Alternatively, could it be simply that Edgar has concerns about future rights issues.

I for one await the remainder of the Five Atomic Seasons Series with interest to see if there will be closer collaboration of great minds over the next few releases. I hope the above hasn't come across as in anyway damning, on the contrary, I've been a fan since 1981 and am as entusiastic about much of their recent material as I was back then, and that includes MFD.