radio massacre international

trane
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

radio massacre international

Post by trane »

hi everybody, i am new were from hungary and as have read through some threads it seems no one knows radio massacre international (of u.k.) here. give them a try at http://www.rmi.dircon.co.uk/ they are not replicas of td but (stil)l create music in their own (to my ears: best) td-style (of the '70-'80s) there are even samples of their amazing music at their site plus at syntmusicdirect.com, and the majority of their muisc is still available from them and syntmusicdirect.com, too :D
save the trees, eat beavers :-D
endorphin

Post by endorphin »

I think quite a few of us on here are maybe familar with Radio Massacre International. I personally love their work. I guess the reason they don't get mentioned much is that this forum is focussed more on Tangerine Dream specifically than electronic music in general.
trane

Post by trane »

you may be rigth :wink: , though i thought it migh be useful for those who are not familiar with even the name> judging from a topic dealing with similar music to td. anyway, i personally like them and have their cds as well. also, they still make music i personally love, which is not really true with td as it is now. shame or not but for me their '70-'80s music was for me THE MUSIC and THE TD, and this is where rmi excels, namely, producing music nowadays at (or close to) the 'level' of the td of '70-'80s :D
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

trane wrote:you may be rigth :wink: , though i thought it migh be useful for those who are not familiar with even the name> judging from a topic dealing with similar music to td. anyway, i personally like them and have their cds as well. also, they still make music i personally love, which is not really true with td as it is now. shame or not but for me their '70-'80s music was for me THE MUSIC and THE TD, and this is where rmi excels, namely, producing music nowadays at (or close to) the 'level' of the td of '70-'80s :D
Have you heard Springtime In Nagasaki, or Sleeping Watches Snoring In Silence? If not, give them a go, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. I'm a massive fan of Virgin Years TD, but IMO these latest TD releases are superb and hark back to the "good old days" :D
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
trane

Post by trane »

no, hobo, not as yet. i will however take your words and find a place where i could give those a listen, though i must say i am a bit sceptic judging from the later released 'td albums' of the '70-'80s. i when spotted them in the shops ran to buy them without actually listening to a second and when got home and heard them (e.g. 220 volts) got quite depressed... also, i then got the feeling that only then did i grow to understand why no more material had been printed by virgin of the time
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

I've got a few RMI CDs and they are OK. Sometimes I think they're utterly brilliant and some times not. I suspect this has more to do with my attention span than the band themselves. If I need a quick fix of music then I usually don't reach for RMI, but if I've a bit of time and am feeling contemplative then they may well get played.
trane

Post by trane »

hi, chris monk, lucky you living in the u.k., thus having chance to see and hear rmi live - i am really envy of you even if you may have not lived with the chace to go to a concert of theirs :)
actually, when i first heard rmi (in the net) i felt this music a bit 'inferior' to td, though not a copy of that. since then i have gathered some of their cds and feel they produce truly quality and quite complex music, and make their music different from td in spite having similar soundscapes (and, of course, machines). also, i highly appreciate them for not using computers when creating music, which may not be truly said of many a groups today performing electronic music
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Sad to say I've never seen RMI in concert and yes they should be applauded for the music they create given the limited gear they possess, it's very often very brave and out-there. They certainly don't play it safe.
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

they are rubbish. I saw them live in Derby a few years ago and it was just like listening to 70s TD. I am not really into bands who just want to copy another band, they don`t do anything original, every track they have ever done is like a 70s TD track.
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

This topic should be in the TD Fan Portfolio (What fans read, work, suffer & love...) section as RMI have never been members or guests of TD!
“There are powers at work in this country about which we have no knowledge.”
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Desert_Voyager wrote:This topic should be in the TD Fan Portfolio (What fans read, work, suffer & love...) section as RMI have never been members or guests of TD!
Good point :wink: :lol: :arrow:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
trane

Post by trane »

cantosis Posted: Sat May 12, 2007 8:26 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

they are rubbish. I saw them live in Derby a few years ago and it was just like listening to 70s TD. I am not really into bands who just want to copy another band, they don`t do anything original, every track they have ever done is like a 70s TD track.

cantosis mate, i can't quite grab what your problem is with a music that is like td in the '70s? if it is really ike that then you do not like the td of the '70s since you criticised the music, not the performers or the quality of performance, right? also, IN MY OPINION (these or similar words omitted from your comment :( ) they do not copy td as, e.g. the guitar has far more emphasis on rmi music than that of the td, or rmi's way of composing uses more filling sounds (those common nowadays in e.g. trance music) and perhaps less complexity...
trane

Post by trane »

desert voyager, i totally agree and sorry for putting this topic here automatically after e.g 'sounds like td'
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

trane wrote:
cantosis Posted: Sat May 12, 2007 8:26 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

cantosis mate, i can't quite grab what your problem is with a music that is like td in the '70s? if it is really ike that then you do not like the td of the '70s since you criticised the music, not the performers or the quality of performance, right? also, IN MY OPINION (these or similar words

omitted from your comment :( ) they do not copy td as, e.g. the guitar has far more emphasis on rmi music than that of the td, or rmi's way of composing uses more filling sounds (those common nowadays in e.g. trance music) and perhaps less complexity...

No I do like 70s TD but my point is if I want to listen to 70s TD I`ll listen to the original rather then some 90s tribute band(thats all they are in my opinion).
boruncy

Post by boruncy »

I actually enjoy their work. I have some of their CDs and have always enjoyed the early style of TD that they produce.

Particularly fond of Frozen North & Republic.

There is also another band that follows in a similar vein to RMI called Redshift. Once again early TD style music that is well worth a listen to TD and electronic music fans alike.
Ode To Granny A