Final Movement by Edgar and Jerome Froese

rigel
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Final Movement by Edgar and Jerome Froese

Post by rigel »

I have just downloaded this from the Bandcamp website.

I think it's a good track, and a nice, if bittersweet, surprise.
Insvims

Re: Final Movement by Edgar and Jerome Froese

Post by Insvims »

Nice surprise indeed! Just downloaded it.
Good track where you can hear both composers unique sound.

ant

Post by ant »

:) A pleasant track with a good mix of the two styles. Not dominated by Jerome's style as in some of the TD releases he was part of. A nice track to add to the collection. :)
Biggus Dickus
TDludo

Post by TDludo »

A very nice track. 8) Downloaded now !

There is something quite nostalgic (and a bit sad) in the atmosphere (and in the name, of course)...
A new cosmic address for the Master Dreamer...
Hipgnosis

Post by Hipgnosis »

Hi,

I'm starting to feel that a kid named Jerome is going to pull that carpet off our feet and surprise us! Now and then!
Jon

Post by Jon »

Good track. To my ears it sounds more like Jerome than Ed.
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

Jon wrote:Good track. To my ears it sounds more like Jerome than Ed.
Maybe, but I hear them both, and I like it better than the Jerome solo stuff.
Dave Matthews

Post by Dave Matthews »

The track doesn't really progress or evolve that much - it feels somewhat "unfinished", which is probably understandable given the difficult circumstances around Jerome and Edgar's professional relationship. But with some further work and expansion, it certainly seems to have the potential to become another great in the vein of, say, Tangram and some of TD's better 1990s stuff. And it's still far better than the mudane, repetitive, bland, predictable cr*p they have produced over the last twenty years, which suggests to me that Jerome was the main creative input here. If this is an example of what a post-Edgar, Jerome-led TD could produce, there's a chance I might just buy a new TD album for the first time since 1996!
--

Cheers

Dave
sorcerer

Post by sorcerer »

Negativity overload in that post.

In addition, 20 years of writing, recording, touring and performing written off in one sentence. Well done.

Some great stuff in the last 20 years, particularly more recently. Should check some of it out.

PS just in case you think otherwise, I'm a 70s dream man myself.
Dave Matthews

Post by Dave Matthews »

sorcerer wrote:Negativity overload in that post.
I thought I was fairly positive about "Final Movement" and TD's future potential.
sorcerer wrote:In addition, 20 years of writing, recording, touring and performing written off in one sentence. Well done.
Thank you - you're welcome. As you probably gather, I didn't feel there was much value in belabouring the point.
sorcerer wrote:Some great stuff in the last 20 years, particularly more recently. Should check some of it out.
I have done - indeed I've heard just about everything since 1967. For stuff from 1998 onwards it's sadly been a continual case of download, listen, listen again, listen one final time, dispatch to the "Trash" folder. I have, however, acquired and retained most of Jerome's solo stuff. It just seems to me that for TD's musicians to thrive creatively, they actually needed to leave the band.
Last edited by Dave Matthews on Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
--

Cheers

Dave
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

Dave Matthews wrote:I have done - indeed I've heard just about everything since 1967. For stuff from 1998 onwards it's sadly been a continual case of download, listen, listen again, listen one final time, dispatch to the "Trash" folder. I have, however, acquired and retained most of Jerome's solo stuff. It just seems to me that for TD's musician's to thrive creatively, they actually needed to leave the band.
Shows how different we are. Jerome's stuff I buy only because I am a collector. TD's stuff from the last years never stops to amaze me. So varied and rich and beautiful. Their output since I bought my first TD album in 1990 (Melrose) has for me been a non-stop journey of fantastic releases, up untill this day.
ant

Post by ant »

:D I agree Insvims, TD over the last twenty years have produced some really outstanding music. Just do not understand how anyone can call it bland etc. but each to their own. Also, to say Jerome's solo stuff is better is, IMHO, total nonsense. Jerome first album was ok because it was so different to TD but I found his second offering to be just 'more of the same'. He improved in Loom but I think that was mainly thanks to Johannes!! Personally, I will not be purchasing anything more by Jerome for reasons I won't go into, but I will certainly purchase anything that comes my way that is the mighty TD. :D
Biggus Dickus
Jon

Post by Jon »

ant wrote:Personally, I will not be purchasing anything more by Jerome for reasons I won't go into
Because of his negativity towards the "new" TD I guess... 8)
Jon

Post by Jon »

Dave Matthews wrote: And it's still far better than the mudane, repetitive, bland, predictable cr*p they have produced over the last twenty years
Wow!

Here, take some of this:

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/32 ... cf1111.png
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

Jon wrote:
Dave Matthews wrote: And it's still far better than the mudane, repetitive, bland, predictable cr*p they have produced over the last twenty years
Wow!

Here, take some of this:

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/32 ... cf1111.png
:lol: