Big news from Peter Baumann

Insvims
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Re: Big news from Peter Baumann

Post by Insvims »

Same name please. Tangerine Dream is an institution, a concept, a way of thinking, composing, living...
I say it again (I quote myself from The Zest):

"No one else but me thinking that a band can be a concept? I like the idea. It's a way of thinking and composing rather than the names involved. Off course Edgar has been the main force, but the idea of TD can continue. The idea of all the band was about can continue long after the original members delivered the concept on to new creative minds. Some says that TD is nothing after the original line up. What do they mean? The original line up did not even release an album. And the line up on the first album lasted for just that album. And so on...
Let the dream live. That is my opinion."

Does any forum members agree on this?

Thomas :-)
Jon

Post by Jon »

Insvims wrote:Same name please. Tangerine Dream is an institution, a concept, a way of thinking, composing, living...
I say it again (I quote myself from The Zest):

"No one else but me thinking that a band can be a concept? I like the idea. It's a way of thinking and composing rather than the names involved. Off course Edgar has been the main force, but the idea of TD can continue. The idea of all the band was about can continue long after the original members delivered the concept on to new creative minds. Some says that TD is nothing after the original line up. What do they mean? The original line up did not even release an album. And the line up on the first album lasted for just that album. And so on...
Let the dream live. That is my opinion."

Does any forum members agree on this?

Thomas :-)
Well, yes, I think the "concept" thought is interesting. And taking into consideration that Baumann actually have been a member of the band for many years in the 70s, I see no reason why they should be named anything else than TD. It would have been different if a totally new member came into the band.
Jon

Post by Jon »

Does ANYONE understand what Baumann is talking about here?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qscTELI8Fio
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

Jon wrote:Does ANYONE understand what Baumann is talking about here?

You're telling me you don't know ? :wink:

He talks a similar sort of (non)sense that Edgar sometimes did :)
Michael66

Post by Michael66 »

Jon wrote:Does ANYONE understand what Baumann is talking about here?

My take: Without Edgar Froese (or Baumann, in this case) being a seeker, he probably wouldn't have composed a single tone in his life. Seeking answers, questioning reality, whatever you want to call it, is what inspired him and still inspires lots of other artists. Not buying into the prefabricated answers of any religion, but staying a free spirit and looking for meaning themselves - nothing wrong with that in my view.
projekt-elektronik

Post by projekt-elektronik »

Peter Baumann joining TD again?

Where is that "slamming-my-head-against-a-brickwall"-emoticon?
"Den Brüdern trau ich nicht. Den Brüdern trau ich nicht! Kommt alles vom Tonband." (Edgar Froese -- Signale aus der Schwäbischen Straße)
sorcerer

Post by sorcerer »

projekt-elektronik wrote:Peter Baumann joining TD again?

Usual positive vibes from yourself :lol: :wink:
RAYMAN1970

Post by RAYMAN1970 »

It appears that many rumors and assumptions are running like wildfire in regards to Baumann's return to music in general and Tangerine Dream specifically.

TD means so much to so many of us and many of us are eager to learn if TD will continue and yet others feel as though it should end here.

I must admit, my OPINION was that it should end here and Eastgate continue to release whatever unfinished productions that were in the works and perhaps release music from the archives. Now, upon hearing the news of Baumann returning, I admit that I am extremely excited, yet also guarded.

Baumann has been away from music for a long time, but then again, musicianship never really leaves you. I, myself, am a musician and I have been in and out of the local scene several times and I have learned that it's like riding a bicycle; you never really forget. I'm sure Baumann never abandoned music COMPLETELY. I'm sure pianos, sythesizers, keyboards most likely grace his home and are often played, even if just for the hell of it. Even when I was not actively performing in the local New Orleans music scene, I still picked up my guitar and played every so often. I admit that this is PURE SPECULATION, but I feel it is the most likley scenario.

Anyway, I guess I am guarded because there has been no OFFICIAL announcement from TD or Eastgate to confirm this fact.

Perhaps if Einstein's Barber could either confirm or deny this rumor, it can put to rest all rumors and speculation.

Again, this is only my PERSONAL OPINION. Anyone is free to agree or disagree.

Until an OFFICAL announcement is made (or even if one isn't), I'll still be dreaming......

8)
projekt-elektronik

Post by projekt-elektronik »

sorcerer wrote:
projekt-elektronik wrote:Peter Baumann joining TD again?

Usual positive vibes from yourself :lol: :wink:
Happy to be of service.
"Den Brüdern trau ich nicht. Den Brüdern trau ich nicht! Kommt alles vom Tonband." (Edgar Froese -- Signale aus der Schwäbischen Straße)
burningbrain

Post by burningbrain »

To me, any line-up which may contain Baumann, Schmoelling or Jerome is more Tangerine Dream than Q/Schnauss alone.
Maybe it was Edgar's last wish and he wanted Baumann to finalize TD. He never would have asked CF to do this, so PB is the right person.
Mars

Post by Mars »

[quote="Insvims"][color=#40FFFF]Same name please. Tangerine Dream is an institution, a concept, a way of thinking, composing, living...
I say it again (I quote myself from The Zest):[/color]

[color=#FFFFFF]"No one else but me thinking that a band can be a concept? I like the idea. It's a way of thinking and composing rather than the names involved. Off course Edgar has been the main force, but the idea of TD can continue. The idea of all the band was about can continue long after the original members delivered the concept on to new creative minds. Some says that TD is nothing after the original line up. What do they mean? The original line up did not even release an album. And the line up on the first album lasted for just that album. And so on...
Let the dream live. That is my opinion."[/color]

[color=#40FFFF]Does any forum members agree on this?

Thomas :-)[/color][/quote]

I totally agree with you on this one Thomas! The band kept playing while Titanic was
sinking. So let them continue in the "aftermath". The Dream lives on! :-)
Marbury

Post by Marbury »

If this is true I really hope PB injects a new direction similar to the wonderful organically analogue era. For me, TD has become a bit like Shawaddywaddy with so many members. All we need is Chris Franke and Johannes and we are nearly all there. BTW - Why has CF been so quiet for years ? I am sure Edgar would have welcomed him into the band too. Shame really :-(
rigel

Post by rigel »

burningbrain wrote:To me, any line-up which may contain Baumann, Schmoelling or Jerome is more Tangerine Dream than Q/Schnauss alone.
Maybe it was Edgar's last wish and he wanted Baumann to finalize TD. He never would have asked CF to do this, so PB is the right person.
That's a good speculation, and I was thinking the same thing. It seems that Edgar wanted Baumann to be a part of the Quantum Years, the final period in TD's history. It is a prospect that is a surprise and a delight to most fans I would say, but now of course there is poignancy about it. Before Edgar passed away, there was an official announcement (or reassurance) from the band on this forum that the TD band/project/institution would not end without a bang.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

:arrow:
Last edited by epsilon75 on Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
sorcerer

Post by sorcerer »

Marbury wrote:If this is true I really hope PB injects a new direction similar to the wonderful organically analogue era. For me, TD has become a bit like Shawaddywaddy with so many members. All we need is Chris Franke and Johannes and we are nearly all there. BTW - Why has CF been so quiet for years ? I am sure Edgar would have welcomed him into the band too. Shame really :-(
In respect of the number of members, the band's been going for near on 50 years, so hardly surprising there have been a good few folk involved. Including TD, think of Yes, Black Sabbath , Genesis. Must be 100+ musicians involved :wink:.

Very pleased we don't have to endure showaddywaddy like music :P although Hey Rock n Roll was not bad :P

The thought of Q, Ulrich and Baumann making music together whether under another name or TD is really something. I wonder if Edgar left his thoughts for the future in case anything happened to him. I suspect he would have.