Chris Franke solo album

epsilon75
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by epsilon75 »

epsilon75 wrote:
hansx wrote:
bigmoog wrote::lol: :wink:

...'in 1977, Chris Franke was working on his solo album, which will be released in 2008 in a deluxe package with ' [ dream interrupted by reality ]
Are you serious now, or is this a joke?
Knowing the BM he has seen it in the crystal ball :mrgreen: :lol: :wink:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
rattymouse

Post by rattymouse »

wayfarer wrote:CF's work is very patchy. I can't say that I do much more than use the CDs as dust collectors now. Shame.

Like I've posted before, the new B5 OST is very mediocre. As is the film overall.

I'm still waiting for a creative burst from the man, to shake me from my apathy towards his output.
It has been a loooooonnnnnnnng wait my friend.
hansx

Post by hansx »

rattymouse wrote:
wayfarer wrote:CF's work is very patchy. I can't say that I do much more than use the CDs as dust collectors now. Shame.

Like I've posted before, the new B5 OST is very mediocre. As is the film overall.

I'm still waiting for a creative burst from the man, to shake me from my apathy towards his output.
And that is a shame, the real solo works were very good. B5 wasn't too bad either, but the problem with soundtracks is, the track is still over before it can be exiting.
wayfarer

Post by wayfarer »

hansx wrote:
rattymouse wrote:

And that is a shame, the real solo works were very good. B5 wasn't too bad either, but the problem with soundtracks is, the track is still over before it can be exiting.
I think that's why the B5 collections, Volumes 1 and 2 worked so much better. The themes were collected as suites rather than individual cues.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

wayfarer wrote:
hansx wrote:
rattymouse wrote: It has been a loooooonnnnnnnng wait my friend.
I think that's why the B5 collections, Volumes 1 and 2 worked so much better. The themes were collected as suites rather than individual cues.
Agree Richard,those individual cues are so damn annoying IMHO :evil:
Mac cuber transfer

Post by Mac cuber transfer »

I know there's a lot of frustration with Chris's output or lack of it - maybe a rich fan like that nice Japanese businessman would step in with a commission for a thundering gothic sequencer fest over 5 cds

There I've planted the idea now, all those loaded beyond reason please make your way to the sonic images website.

On another note I recently overcame my aversion to new ageiness and downloaded the Celestine Prophecy from Itunes and I must say I really like it.

However, good though it is, it's not really what most fans want.
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

No amount of fans cash (unless its from a movie producer...) is going to compel CF to produce hours of 1970's rubberband sequencer magic, I have a special account allocated for this purpose and I have decided to spend it on acquiring the keep on vinyl :arrow:
...The wise.....are silent.....
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Mac cuber transfer wrote:I know there's a lot of frustration with Chris's output or lack of it - maybe a rich fan like that nice Japanese businessman would step in with a commission for a thundering gothic sequencer fest over 5 cds

There I've planted the idea now, all those loaded beyond reason please make your way to the sonic images website.
Ohhh, if only.

If I were Bill Gates that's where my large wadge of green would be going.
24db

Post by 24db »

well, the PE modular was all powered up several years ago

Chris, can you hear us? Actually he probably doesn't give a monkey's as he gets most sales from Babylon 5 fans these days
HYPERBOREA

Post by HYPERBOREA »

A Chris Franke solo album !

I must remember to watch some paint dry on its release date !
24db

Post by 24db »

the thing is, even if he did do one....would it be any good?
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

if CF mixed down and filtered through an mxr distortion pedal switched to max, all Babylon 5 soundtracks, to a nice etheral drone [ie silence], and then added hours of improvised moog sequencer based boing boing boing blipp blopp twunk twunk wibble wobble sequencing in trad 70's TD style............[post condensed cos BM no longer lives in thee past]
24db

Post by 24db »

bigmoog wrote:if CF mixed down and filtered through an mxr distortion pedal switched to max, all Babylon 5 soundtracks, to a nice etheral drone [ie silence], and then added hours of improvised moog sequencer based boing boing boing blipp blopp twunk twunk wibble wobble sequencing in trad 70's TD style............[post condensed cos BM no longer lives in thee past]
yeah....same old pish as last time! ;)
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

was listening to Chimes & Chains yesterday,what i would have done for a full album of that quality........
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

epsilon75 wrote:was listening to Chimes & Chains yesterday,what i would have done for a full album of that quality........

there are tapes of that recording session*

* statement subject to the usual BM conditions :D