sounds like TD

24db
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by 24db »

Chris Monk wrote:
24db wrote:
Chris Monk wrote: I'm beginning to think that buying tickets for Frankfurt was maybe taking the pretense a bit far.

Guess I'll just have to sit there and pretend to be having a good time. :wink:
That wasn't you shouting 'plays fantastically! plays fantastically!' at the last gig was it? ;)
Yep that was me. I missed a track so I was asking them to go back and play it again. Can't understand why I was getting so many black-looks from the crowd. :roll:
hey all they needed to do was press random on their C....er I'll get me coat ;)
JD

Post by JD »

24db wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:
24db wrote: never catch me on their forum, they're rubbish since they went electronic, far better pre-Electronic Meditation ;)
I'm beginning to think that buying tickets for Frankfurt was maybe taking the pretense a bit far.

Guess I'll just have to sit there and pretend to be having a good time. :wink:
That wasn't you shouting 'plays fantastically! plays fantastically!' at the last gig was it? ;)

Did somebody really do that ? I cant understand the mentality of hecklers whether its at a gig or in the cinema...why do they think we want to hear them rubbish the very thing we have paid to see....if they dont like it they should either p**s off out the door or write an official letter of complaint ;) I think its some odd kind of agressive arrogance that they suffer from.
"I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them". - George Bush
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

There were a few clowns at the Astoria shouting a pile of tripe.........amazes me why the bother to attend :x
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

epsilon75 wrote:There were a few clowns at the Astoria shouting a pile of tripe.........amazes me why the bother to attend :x
I didn't hear a thing. I was totally engrossed in the music and oblivious to any shouting.
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
24db

Post by 24db »

epsilon75 wrote:There were a few clowns at the Astoria shouting a pile of tripe.........amazes me why the bother to attend :x
they were out in Australia in 1975:

TANGERINE DREAM Sydney
It's been a long time since I've seen an audience stand on seats and scream "Rip-off! Rip-off?!" after a concert from overseas artists at the Hordern Pavilion. It happened after Tangerine Dream's concert though, and it wasn't really the promoter's fault. It seems the equipment had arrived very late 'cause a Rent-A-Truck had blown a gasket. Or something. But the delay left a thousand or so people camped out on the hard concrete approaches to the-hall until the doors were finally opened at 9.30 pm, and the mood was not tranquil from the beginning.

Even so, had TD spoken even a few guttural Germanic explanations for the delay, much of the bad feeling would have been erased. However, they've never spoken a word to tiny audience in their entire career and they weren't about to start in Australia.
As it turned out, they played for about 65 minutes, and really, for them, the audience was incidental. They walked on stage, plugged into their instruments, took a lengthy run off, cleared ground for about 20 minutes of' their first 45 minute bracket, took a twelve minute tea break, came back, played a brief electronic fugue, strolled off.

That's when the booing started. The crowd's ire would have been less if Tangerine had forgone that tea break. When they do get going, (for, that 20 mins or so when they did) - they can fly into realms of sound that impinge on every sensory nerve and cast the consciousness into outer space. Or, inner space, if you prefer.

The film accompanying the music was also very hypnotizing, consisting of the sort of light pulses you get flashing across your eyelids if you look into bright light then screw your eyes shut. Very fascinating. It seemed though, as if many were trying to intensify the effect with huge intakes of dope and chemical substances. The hall was about one third filled and still the ambulance men had their busiest night ever. Two girls were found collapsed and OD'd on the concrete floor. Four were busted for smoking joints inside the hall. (Although how they were found was indeed a feat of detection, the air was so thick with weedfumes a squadron of fuzz could have gotten stoned enough to forget their police vows by just breathing the air).

Ironical really, I mean, Tangerine are supposed to take you there (or wherever) with music alone. Aren't They? Well, on the night . . . no. About 60 people walked out while the Dream were trundling down the cosmic runway prior to take-off. Tangerine Dream can be a pretty amazing group. It's a pity that on this occasion the vibes were all wrong and the satisfactory musical moments so brief.
A O'G.

Rock Australia Magazine, April 19, 1975
JD

Post by JD »

24db wrote:

TANGERINE DREAM Sydney
It's been a long time since I've seen an audience stand on seats and scream "Rip-off! Rip-off?!" after a concert from overseas artists at the Hordern Pavilion. It happened after Tangerine Dream's concert though, and it wasn't really the promoter's fault. It seems the equipment had arrived very late 'cause a Rent-A-Truck had blown a gasket. Or something. But the delay left a thousand or so people camped out on the hard concrete approaches to the-hall until the doors were finally opened at 9.30 pm, and the mood was not tranquil from the beginning.

Even so, had TD spoken even a few guttural Germanic explanations for the delay, much of the bad feeling would have been erased. However, they've never spoken a word to tiny audience in their entire career and they weren't about to start in Australia.
As it turned out, they played for about 65 minutes, and really, for them, the audience was incidental. They walked on stage, plugged into their instruments, took a lengthy run off, cleared ground for about 20 minutes of' their first 45 minute bracket, took a twelve minute tea break, came back, played a brief electronic fugue, strolled off.

That's when the booing started. The crowd's ire would have been less if Tangerine had forgone that tea break. When they do get going, (for, that 20 mins or so when they did) - they can fly into realms of sound that impinge on every sensory nerve and cast the consciousness into outer space. Or, inner space, if you prefer.

The film accompanying the music was also very hypnotizing, consisting of the sort of light pulses you get flashing across your eyelids if you look into bright light then screw your eyes shut. Very fascinating. It seemed though, as if many were trying to intensify the effect with huge intakes of dope and chemical substances. The hall was about one third filled and still the ambulance men had their busiest night ever. Two girls were found collapsed and OD'd on the concrete floor. Four were busted for smoking joints inside the hall. (Although how they were found was indeed a feat of detection, the air was so thick with weedfumes a squadron of fuzz could have gotten stoned enough to forget their police vows by just breathing the air).

Ironical really, I mean, Tangerine are supposed to take you there (or wherever) with music alone. Aren't They? Well, on the night . . . no. About 60 people walked out while the Dream were trundling down the cosmic runway prior to take-off. Tangerine Dream can be a pretty amazing group. It's a pity that on this occasion the vibes were all wrong and the satisfactory musical moments so brief.
A O'G.

How on earth do you find all this stuff ? :)
"I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them". - George Bush
24db

Post by 24db »

JD wrote:
24db wrote:

TANGERINE DREAM Sydney

A O'G.

How on earth do you find all this stuff ? :)
A fan called Gary Dobinson got them off an Australian newpaper archive (with the help of a friend of his). Luckily he also sent them to me, so I have fairly complete coverage of the 1975 and 82 tours.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

And im not complaining :D :D :D
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.