Steve Jolliffe - exhibition, concerts and new releases

phaedra1974
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Steve Jolliffe - exhibition, concerts and new releases

Post by phaedra1974 »

For everybody who´s interested the news from his homepage:

Steve Jolliffe – SOUND ART
An Exhibition of mixed media works & musical performance

@ The Jam Factory, 27 Park End Street, Oxford

Exhibition runs: Monday 24th June – Sunday 11th August 2013
Launch Night & Performance:Thursday 27th June 2013
Doors Open: 7.00pm /// Free Entry

From the press release:

The Jam Factory presents an exhibition of mixed media paintings, animations and performances by Steve Jolliffe. Working in sound, video, oil, watercolour, gouache, pastel and digital pen, Steve’s multi-disciplinary output underlines an explorative and experimental impetus at the heart of hiscreative and expressive method. The association between visual abstraction and music, betweennon-figurative systems of expression, is fundamental to Sound Art and reflects a preoccupation shared by Kandinsky’s “visual music” and Goethe’s colour theories. Aside from the extensive collection of abstract mixed-media paintings on display, this tendency is similarly implicit in Steve’s video installations which synchronise audio compositions with a number of his animation projects.

"My vision is to present a collection of paintings, music and animation projects which provide a creative and constantly-evolving exploration of sound and colour."

Alongside Steve’s paintings and video installations, Sound Art will feature a number of evening performances. Trained at the Berlin Konservatorium, former-member of bands ‘Steamhammer’ and ‘Tangerine Dream’, and an acclaimed film composer and solo artist, Steve’s performances will provide the expressive focus of the exhibition and the explorative platform upon which to experience his ‘total art-forms.’

There are also 2 new DVD releases this month:

Eye
Animation DVD with soundtracks

"The DVD comprises of three of my most recent progressive animation projects, exploring the craft of sound and colour. Entitled 'Eye', each animation is around 15 minutes. "

Florida 1992
A collection of a TV Series 'The Art of the Music Workstation'

"During my stay in Florida, I was commissioned by Brevard College to write and produce a TV Series entitled 'The Art of the Music Workstation'. The DVD consists of edited and condensed extracts of 13 episodes (1hr 40mins total time). I have included some rare live footage of concert performan-ces which took place in Cocoa Beach, Florida. The TV Series was a course which I designed to assist people who were interested in developing their composition skills, using the Ensoniq Workstations. "

www.stevejolliffe.net