Edgar's Book

Erik
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Edgar's Book

Post by Erik »

don't know if this was mentioned elsewhere:

"Edgar is working at the same time on his last three chapters of his autobiography. The book which will have approx. 500 pages and include a CD/DVD should be on the marketplaces in June 2013. The reason for the long period of Edgar's writing - since almost 4 years - is very simple: He refused to use a co-author or ghost writer and also has written every single word by hand (don't worry, you don't have to decode his hieroglyphics...:-). He, the electronic music explorer, refused to use a computer for all the words. So far he has stored 48 DIN A 4 handwritten sketchbooks all written with the same kind of ink. Because he's the only one who really knows everything about TD since he founded the band in 1967, Edgar will also explain the decoding of the name TANGERINE DREAM in his book for the first time.......So let's wait for late spring 2013."
"I actually prefer RPGs and fantasise about massacring the morons at my school as Final Fantasy 7's Sephiroth. "
Jon

Re: Edgar's Book

Post by Jon »

Erik wrote:don't know if this was mentioned elsewhere:
It was.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

For me the most eagerly awaited release associated with Tangerine Dream ... very much looking forward to it 8)
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Erik

Re: Edgar's Book

Post by Erik »

Jon wrote:
Erik wrote:don't know if this was mentioned elsewhere:
It was.
did my best to do a search. i figured it was here.

i couldn't be more excited myself!
"I actually prefer RPGs and fantasise about massacring the morons at my school as Final Fantasy 7's Sephiroth. "
Jon

Post by Jon »

I wonder if Ed will mention Chris Franke by name at all in the book. Seems like Ed is still angry with him leaving the band a quarter of a century ago... :roll:

I hope the book is not just philosophical rambling. We've heard enough of that from Froese, IMHO...
Peter Beasley

Post by Peter Beasley »

Jon wrote:I wonder if Ed will mention Chris Franke by name at all in the book.
It wouldn't be a very worthy autobiography if he didn't mention by name his main musical partner for 17 years somewhere in 500 pages.
Jon

Post by Jon »

Peter Beasley wrote:
Jon wrote:I wonder if Ed will mention Chris Franke by name at all in the book.
It wouldn't be a very worthy autobiography if he didn't mention by name his main musical partner for 17 years somewhere in 500 pages.
Of course it wouldn't. But I'm still not convinced CF will actually be mentioned.
Pergamon_PB

Edgar's book

Post by Pergamon_PB »

Well this could be really good....or bad. I'm also looking forward to this being released but hope that a) we don't get ripped off with a ridiculous retail price b) the Cd/DVD includes interesting new stuff not seen or heard before c) it's well balanced with reference to all members/guests of the band including a fair bit of positive stuff on CF and d) Edgar doesn't go off on a philosophical ramble throughout the book. I'm ready to order..fingers crossed! 
tdream4ever

Post by tdream4ever »

This should be well worth the wait. I just hope I'll still be alive to read this masterpiece.
DREAMING. . . . Now, Then!
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

edgar's book is already written. the music since 1967. :D
...The wise.....are silent.....
Ryoanji

Post by Ryoanji »

Any update on when this will be issued?
Donofrio_TD

Post by Donofrio_TD »

Ryoanji wrote:Any update on when this will be issued?
I'd like to know, too. I know this is a very old post, but now it's July and no word about this book whatsoever.
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

It will be an interesting but difficult read methinks...looking forward to it of course..
Jon

Post by Jon »

sparrow wrote:It will be an interesting but difficult read methinks...looking forward to it of course..
Difficult in what way? Too much philosophical ramblings? :lol:
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

Jon wrote:
sparrow wrote:It will be an interesting but difficult read methinks...looking forward to it of course..
Difficult in what way? Too much philosophical ramblings? :lol:
Yes John I've a feeling it will be very hard to take in..