Franke's What The Bleep Do We Know!?

Jon
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Franke's What The Bleep Do We Know!?

Post by Jon »

I just bought this double-disc from 2006. Quite a few Franke-tracks, in addition to other artists like O'Hearn, Serrie, Whalen and Bedrock.

I guess this is Franke's best stuff from the new millennium. Very electronic-sounding, and rather different from his typical film score-sounds from those New Music For Films-albuns for instance.

On disc 2 his music is put behind some spoken word-tracks, but the music is mixed high, and the talking is not really intruding too much on his music.

Anyone else here owning this soundtrack?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/What-Bleep-Do-W ... 207&sr=1-2
phaedra1974

Post by phaedra1974 »

Yes, I like it very much.

I put the Chris Franke tracks on a several CDR so that I can listen to it without the other music.

I have seen a lot of movies with Chris Franke soundtracks in the last years. He did not only soundtracks with orchestral style. Some of his soundtracks are very electronic.

It´s a shame that he did not release any soundtracks in the last 15 years on CD (except What a Bleep and some Babylon 5 releases).
Chris Monk

Re: Franke's What The Bleep Do We Know!?

Post by Chris Monk »

Jon wrote:I just bought this double-disc from 2006. Quite a few Franke-tracks, in addition to other artists like O'Hearn, Serrie, Whalen and Bedrock.

I guess this is Franke's best stuff from the new millennium. Very electronic-sounding, and rather different from his typical film score-sounds from those New Music For Films-albuns for instance.

On disc 2 his music is put behind some spoken word-tracks, but the music is mixed high, and the talking is not really intruding too much on his music.

Anyone else here owning this soundtrack?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/What-Bleep-Do-W ... 207&sr=1-2
Never bothered getting it. Kinda given up on CF to be honest.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
Jon

Post by Jon »

Chris Monk wrote: Kinda given up on CF to be honest.
Maybe you shouldn't have.
Jon

Post by Jon »

phaedra1974 wrote:Yes, I like it very much.

I put the Chris Franke tracks on a several CDR so that I can listen to it without the other music.

I have seen a lot of movies with Chris Franke soundtracks in the last years. He did not only soundtracks with orchestral style. Some of his soundtracks are very electronic.

It´s a shame that he did not release any soundtracks in the last 15 years on CD (except What a Bleep and some Babylon 5 releases).
Actually, I think the Bedrock-track is very good, as is Forgiveness by O'Hearn. Serrie and Whalen are both delving a bit too deep into new age territory for my taste.

What Franke-soundtracks are you referring to as electronic?

There is a score-release from the film THE CALLING (2000), and there is also some rather recent material on the New Music For Films Volume 2 album.
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

Jon wrote:
Chris Monk wrote: Kinda given up on CF to be honest.
Maybe you shouldn't have.
I did too. Nothing for me in his output after Pacific Coast Highway...