I promise this is the last time I'll mention these auctions

TheXFactor
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

I promise this is the last time I'll mention these auctions

Post by TheXFactor »

http://www.ebay.com/itm/300685085133?ss ... 1555.l2649

http://www.ebay.com/itm/300685085440?ss ... 1555.l2649

http://www.ebay.com/itm/300685085723?ss ... 1555.l2649

At some point down the road I'm going to have a huge TD and related listing and sell off all the rare stuff (quite a bit of it actually), and should I still have the Franke CDs they'll be included then as well. Prior to that though, I'll stop pestering everyone here. :D
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

Still got 'em :lol:

....and who's been eating the aero bars :?: :D there are only 4 now :!:
tdream4ever

Post by tdream4ever »

no way worth $300 total. sorry.
DREAMING. . . . Now, Then!
phaedra1974

Post by phaedra1974 »

Far too expensive for these items...
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

very optimistic with the pricing, its very much a buyers market these days when it comes to rare electronic CDs
TheXFactor

Post by TheXFactor »

T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote:Still got 'em :lol:

....and who's been eating the aero bars :?: :D there are only 4 now :!:

Well a couple of them hit their expiration date, and it turns out that I enjoyed the biscuit ones more than I thought I would. So, just selling the regular chocolate ones now. :D
TheXFactor

Post by TheXFactor »

cantosis wrote:very optimistic with the pricing, its very much a buyers market these days when it comes to rare electronic CDs

Based on the offers I've gotten to complete the sales outside of eBay, I'm going to disagree with everyone who's saying the prices are too high. They were set according to what I've seen others sell for. Not what was asked- what was actually paid.

It seems whenever you're a seller and someone disagrees with a price, all of a sudden it's a "buyer's market". But when you're looking to purchase a rare CD, incredibly it becomes a seller's market because they're the ones with the rare item.

This isn't my first trip to the table. Been doing this a long, long time. Successfully. If they don't sell now, they will eventually. They're only going to get rarer as time goes on.
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

" They're only going to get rarer as time goes on." :?

Surely not. There will still be the same amount out there. It's not like they're an endangered animal where every year there are less & less.

I think the point about the asking price is confirmed by what you said yourself.

You say about your items, you've gotten offers to complete outside ebay....this indicates that the offers are less than you're asking.

Anyway, it's entierly up to the seller and buyer what agreement they come to.
I've bought things in the past that i probably paid over the odds for (Michael Hoenig's The Blob, Edgar's Epsilon in Malaysian Pale.)

And I've sold stuff that I was surprised went for a high price (a couple of EM compilations that I listed at a starting price of $10 that eventually sold for $ 70/80.

So, good luck anyway, and put the money to good use when you eventually sell them :)
TheXFactor

Post by TheXFactor »

T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote:Surely not. There will still be the same amount out there. It's not like they're an endangered animal where every year there are less & less.
But as copies make their way into collections, less will be available for purchase. Rarities- once acquired- aren't often offered up for sale again. Occasionally yes, but that's very much the exception.

T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote:I think the point about the asking price is confirmed by what you said yourself.

You say about your items, you've gotten offers to complete outside ebay....this indicates that the offers are less than you're asking.
Just the opposite in fact- the offers are for more than what I'm asking, by people who have the money to throw around and think that somehow puts them above everyone else. Rather then try and win them legitimately, they offer a sum for their own instant gratification. And before anyone asks, I turn those offers down because selling items that way goes against the spirit (and fun) of what an auction is supposed to be in the first place. Everyone interested should have a fair shot at winning.

T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote:Anyway, it's entierly up to the seller and buyer what agreement they come to. I've bought things in the past that i probably paid over the odds for (Michael Hoenig's The Blob, Edgar's Epsilon in Malaysian Pale.)
I bought the Froese CD when it first came out, and there was a warehouse find of The Blob a few years back which brought the asking price down to $10 a piece. Original pressing too- not a bootleg or pirated copy.

T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote:And I've sold stuff that I was surprised went for a high price (a couple of EM compilations that I listed at a starting price of $10 that eventually sold for $ 70/80.
Well, that certainly gives me hope for all the EM comps I'm eventually going to list. :D

T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote:So, good luck anyway, and put the money to good use when you eventually sell them :)
It's entirely possible the end results of the good use might even be viewable online... :lol: