origin of the 'Sobornost' mystery?

Jon
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by Jon »

TheXFactor wrote:
Peter Beasley wrote:Paul Haslinger (again during the interview with Mark Jenkins) said that he composed the majority of tracks on 'Optical Race' and 'Lily on the Beach' whilst Edgar concentrated more on band management affairs.
TheXFactor wrote: Paul was primary composer on 8 of the 10 tracks from OPTICAL RACE, and the two he wasn't are clearly Edgar compositions.
Jon wrote: Ralf Wadephul had quite a bit of input on Sun Gate.

Right, I had forgotten about that. In fact, I'm pretty sure I read it was originally a song Ralf had written and it was adapted/expanded for inclusion on the album. Honestly, I hear both Paul and Edgar's influence on it. So in addition to that, I'll amend my above statement and say that Paul was primary composer on 7 of the 10 tracks from OPTICAL RACE, and the two he wasn't are clearly Edgar compositions.
Wadephul has a new version of Sun Gate on the recent Manikin compilation CD, so it seems like he has total copyright control over that track...
TheXFactor

Post by TheXFactor »

Jon wrote:Wadephul has a new version of Sun Gate on the recent Manikin compilation CD, so it seems like he has total copyright control over that track...
That's interesting, especially since I recently read that Manikin had removed Ralf's solo album from their catalog of available titles.
Jon

Post by Jon »

TheXFactor wrote:
Jon wrote:Wadephul has a new version of Sun Gate on the recent Manikin compilation CD, so it seems like he has total copyright control over that track...
That's interesting, especially since I recently read that Manikin had removed Ralf's solo album from their catalog of available titles.
I guess it's just out-of-print?
TheXFactor

Post by TheXFactor »

TheXFactor wrote:That's interesting, especially since I recently read that Manikin had removed Ralf's solo album from their catalog of available titles.
Jon wrote:I guess it's just out-of-print?

D e l e t e d from a catalog usually means it didn't sell well/no opportunities for enough potential future sales to do a repressing. Which is too bad, because it's a good album.

BTW, why does this site always try and replace the word d e l e t e d with corrected?
Jon

Post by Jon »

TheXFactor wrote:
TheXFactor wrote:That's interesting, especially since I recently read that Manikin had removed Ralf's solo album from their catalog of available titles.
Jon wrote:I guess it's just out-of-print?

D e l e t e d from a catalog usually means it didn't sell well/no opportunities for enough potential future sales to do a repressing. Which is too bad, because it's a good album.

BTW, why does this site always try and replace the word d e l e t e d with corrected?
It's indeed a good album.

There are some words this forum does not accept. The only ones who will ever understand this are Edgar and the moderators, I guess.
Cyclone

Post by Cyclone »

Jon wrote:
TheXFactor wrote: ... BTW, why does this site always try and replace the word d e l e t e d with corrected?
... There are some words this forum does not accept. The only ones who will ever understand this are Edgar and the moderators, I guess.
Don't think so, these auto-corrections are caused by the phpBB software.
Okefenokee

Post by Okefenokee »

The liner notes of the compilation say:

4) W.A.dePHUL - Sun Gate 05:24
Composed by Wadephul, Haslinger & Froese. Recorded live by Ralf Wadephul & friends 2011.

So it's a new live version on which he has the copyright.
TheXFactor

Post by TheXFactor »

Jon wrote:It's indeed a good album.

There are some words this forum does not accept. The only ones who will ever understand this are Edgar and the moderators, I guess.
I'd have to agree with you there. Hitting the nail right on the proverbial head and all that...
TheXFactor

Post by TheXFactor »

Okefenokee wrote:The liner notes of the compilation say:

Composed by Wadephul, Haslinger & Froese. Recorded live by Ralf Wadephul & friends 2011.

That's enough of a reason for me to get a copy. Anyone here have an extra they're looking to get rid of?
Jon

Post by Jon »

TheXFactor wrote:
Okefenokee wrote:The liner notes of the compilation say:

That's enough of a reason for me to get a copy. Anyone here have an extra they're looking to get rid of?
It's available from several sources, but I guess you may have to pay a bit for it.
TheXFactor

Post by TheXFactor »

Jon wrote:It's available from several sources, but I guess you may have to pay a bit for it.

It's a rarity already, you mean?
Jon

Post by Jon »

TheXFactor wrote:
Jon wrote:It's available from several sources, but I guess you may have to pay a bit for it.

It's a rarity already, you mean?
Not quite a rarity yet, but I guess it will be.