Edgar Froese 4 CD remastered box set,

Marc M
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by Marc M »

Hum, tired of waiting for such a release, and cringing more and more with the poor mastering of original CD's (plus the very scratchy LP's of my old collection), aslo willing to listen to the new versions of Edgar, I bought Edgar's reworked versions of most of those albums.... But it's really cheap so I definitely need to buy this !!! Especially to have, at last, a very good version of the original Epsilon in Malaysian Pale and a complete good sounding version of Ages !!!
I've never heard of this record company, though....
har

Post by har »

My Edgar box arrived this morning from CDS in Dundee :D

Three of the plastic lugs broken within and CDs loose also. Fortunately discs appear to be fine as is the rest of the package.

Looking forward to hearing this tonight 8)
Schulze

Post by Schulze »

har wrote:My Edgar box arrived this morning from CDS in Dundee :D

Three of the plastic lugs broken within and CDs loose also. Fortunately discs appear to be fine as is the rest of the package.

Looking forward to hearing this tonight 8)
Ordered this one myself from HMV so should have it Mon/Tue... 8)

I hate when that happens with CD cases. I wonder how many CD jewel cases in total Royal Mail have managed to break ??? :roll:
Be at one with the sequencing.....
NAVEL OF LIGHT

Post by NAVEL OF LIGHT »

Both the Edgar Froese & Tangerine Dream: Virgin Years arrived this morning from those lovely peeps at CDS.... Got to say these sets are basic but nicely done! Nice surprise within the centre pages of the TD set and the EF is just as nice.....

Now if only we could get a nice release of Macula Transfer.
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

Got them this morning too...EF set as Har said some of the lugs are broken but all cd's are OK.. :D Will hear EF set tomorrow. 8)
tdream4ever

Post by tdream4ever »

Does anybody here know if I will be able to buy EF's and TD's new boxset in Vienna? I will be there in a couple of days for a quick 4 days before I head over to Budapest for the TD gig. I doubt it will be sold at the Budapest gig?
DREAMING. . . . Now, Then!
ant

Post by ant »

:D My EF box received today and all my lugs are intact!! :lol:
Biggus Dickus
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

HMV in Falkirk had bot the TD & EF sets in stock...very unusual to see decent stuff in there.. :shock:
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

The box-set has arrived :D Just listened to "Maroubra Bay" which sounds absolutely fantastic 8) 8) 8) Now to listen to it all :mrgreen:
har

Post by har »

The sound quality on this EF box set really is excellent

So far I have listened to Aqua, EIMP, Half of Ages and Pinnacles, so just the rest of Ages and Stuntman to fit in today.........urgently :D

Someone has made a marvelous job of remastering Edgar's wonderful music which also helps to emphasize how great these solo albums really are.

Superb. 8) 8) 8)
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

har wrote:The sound quality on this EF box set really is excellent

So far I have listened to Aqua, EIMP, Half of Ages and Pinnacles, so just the rest of Ages and Stuntman to fit in today.........urgently :D

Someone has made a marvelous job of remastering Edgar's wonderful music which also helps to emphasize how great these solo albums really are.

Superb. 8) 8) 8)
Just listening to disc one now. Really great job done on the sound.
har

Post by har »

T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote:
har wrote:The sound quality on this EF box set really is excellent

Superb. 8) 8) 8)
Just listening to disc one now. Really great job done on the sound.
Yes especially on Aqua, I think that is where the mastering really shines. Although the whole box set is excellent.

Just listening to Stuntman the now, almost as good as that Japanese vinyl I bought from yourself :wink: :D 8)
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

What a fantastic listening experience,pure sonic bliss. The remastering has done these timeless albums a great justice.Sincere respect to Edgar Froese,a truly remarkable and extraordinary composer of our time.
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

epsilon75 wrote:What a fantastic listening experience,pure sonic bliss. The remastering has done these timeless albums a great justice.Sincere respect to Edgar Froese,a truly remarkable and extraordinary composer of our time.
Colin.

On my disc 2 of this set I do not get the alternate version of Epsilon in Malaysian Pale as track 2, I get Tropic Of Capricorn (4m 56.)
Then I get Tropic of Capricorn as track 5 (full version) as well.
Do you have the same (or anyone else have this problem also ?)
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

The alternate version of Epsilon is under Tropic of Capricorn alterate version title..been put on the wrong way round.. :lol: