Chris Franke - Enchanting Nature = P.C.H.?

owen
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Chris Franke - Enchanting Nature = P.C.H.?

Post by owen »

Hi,
I picked up Chris Franke's Enchanting Nature album. I've read somewhere that this is the same album as his Pacific Coast Highway album. Is this true? Can somebody confirm this? And if there is a difference, what is it?
Jon

Post by Jon »

owen

Post by owen »

Thanks, Jon.

It's difficult to tell though, even from that link, which tracks are repeated. It seems like some have been renamed too, just to make things complicated!
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

To my mind it's a remix album that takes the basic tracks of PCH and makes them more new-agey. A bit of a retrograde step IMO but not an unpleasant album overall.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
Jon

Post by Jon »

owen wrote:Thanks, Jon.

It's difficult to tell though, even from that link, which tracks are repeated. It seems like some have been renamed too, just to make things complicated!
When you click on each track, you will see the original title in a new window.
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

owen wrote:Thanks, Jon.

There's one give-away paragraph...

Enchanting Nature is a CD containing a lot of new versions of well-known tracks; only two tracks -- Gate Of The Shimmering Cave and Celtic Mist -- are new tracks.
The remaining tracks are remixes or even nearly as good versions of compositions from the following albums (but most of them with different titles):
Pacific Coast Highway (1991, ten tracks)
The London Concert (1991, one track)
Klemania (1993, one track)
owen

Post by owen »

Thanks for the replies. I'm not at all thrilled with the Enchanting Nature cd, so although I like the London Concert & Klemania cds, I don't think I'll look for Pacific Coast Highway.
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

Happy Birthday to Chris Franke :D

can we have the keys to the vault now you're 60 ? :lol:
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote:Happy Birthday to Chris Franke :D

can we have the keys to the vault now you're 60 ? :lol:
:lol: :wink:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Justin

Post by Justin »

Not a big fan of the solo output of Mr Franke on the whole but I actually think PCH is one title that is not money wasted. London Concert not bad too but other than that nothing really interests me.
Look for the sounds of Digital Horizons at http://digitalhorizons.bandcamp.com/ and on iTunes, CDBaby, Amazon Downloads and Reverbnation.