Chris Franke - Klemania

T4N63R1N3 DR34M
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Chris Franke - Klemania

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

Just in from CD Services, Dundee.

CD SERVICES NEWS
40 - 42 BRANTWOOD AVE DUNDEE DD3 6EW UK
Telephone: (+44) 0 1382 776595 / Fax: (+44) 0 1382 776595
E-Mail: orders@cd-services.com or info@cd-services.com
On-Line Stores: www.cd-services.com

Our SYNTH Bargain Of The Day (for 24-01-12) is: CHRISTOPHER FRANKE - Klemania @ £ 6.99 - Ltd Stock!

This title has been selected for stock clearance and is available at the quoted Offer Price for just 24 Hours, or as long as our limited stock quantity lasts!

CHRISTOPHER FRANKE: KLEMANIA (Co-Founder of TANGERINE DREAM's 1995 Album / 3 Tracks - Stock # 334464)
Normally CD £14.99 - Ltd Bargain Of The Day Price CD £ 6.99

Released in 1995, 'Klemania' is now long corrected, but fresh from the depths of the CDS Towers' vault we have uncovered a small batch of copies.
Produced to coincide with an appearance at one of the famous KLEM Electronic Music festivals held annually in the Netherlands during the 90's, this is the ex-TANGERINE DREAM member at his very best.
Recorded around the time he started producing music for the cult TV Sci-Fi series 'Babylon 5', this music was more in keeping with the traditional 'EM' sounds of the time, featuring three tracks, two running over twenty minutes and one running four minutes plus.
Franke is in fantastic form as the first of the long cuts takes off in an aggressive style with a powerful piece of music that brings the KLF to mind when you first hear the blanket of thunderous synth chords and percussives emerging from the speakers. Both of the long tracks have several different movements with strong melodies appearing from time to time, as do some of the old familiar driving sequencer riffs Franke used to generate within the TD umbrella - The short track is a pleasant rhythmic piece with a repeated melody line - High class 90's Electronic Music.
Track List:
01. Scattered Thoughts Of A Canyon Flight (22:27)
02. Inside The Morphing Space (21:01)
03. Silent Waves (4:10)
TPT - 47:17
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

bargain, great album.
rigel

Post by rigel »

I saw this email from CDS today.

If anyone doesn't have this album by Chris Franke, I can heartily recommend it.
NAVEL OF LIGHT

Post by NAVEL OF LIGHT »

i have had a copy of Klemania from way back...i bought this from CDS when it was advertised and it was advertised as Klemania with track two remixed. Now when i rec. the email from CDS i contacted them and confirmed that the CD they are now advertising was the FIRST issue and not the remixed version. As always the very helpful folk at CDS checked it out for me and it was indeed the original version! Promptly ordered and delivered i looked forward to hearing this version and yes, there are some notable & some more subtle differences between this & the second issue! At £7 this is a bargain but i know there arent many left.....snap it up now for one of the best post TD Franke albums. :wink:
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

Aye tis one of the very few ''good'' albums CF made since leaving TD.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

For me it is the best album he released. My favorite track by him though is "Mountain Heights" from PCH ... I can listen to most stuff up to the "Celestine Prophecy " but after that,it is just not for me.
Jon

Post by Jon »

epsilon75 wrote:For me it is the best album he released. My favorite track by him though is "Mountain Heights" from PCH ... I can listen to most stuff up to the "Celestine Prophecy " but after that,it is just not for me.
Didn't at least "What The Bleep Do We Know?" have some nice material by CF?
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Never all that keen on Klemania but apparently there are two versions so maybe I've got the not so good version. Much prefer the London Concert and PCH albums. Quite like the stuff he did for Babylon 5 too, in parts.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
Hyperboreauk

Post by Hyperboreauk »

Never did like Klemania I sold my copy.
owen

Post by owen »

I got Klemania recently. I thought it pretty good. In fact, it sounded to me like what a Tangerine Dream album might have been expected to sound like, had they not ended the tradition of long, experimental suites.