Thorsten Quaeschning's Somnambulistic Tunes.

Hobo
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by Hobo »

Desert_Voyager wrote:Sleep Well Elizabeth is a great track. 8)

(I do wish the background of the website wouldn't keep flickering though).
Strangely, I don't find this distracting and it is in keeping with the whole PPM project.
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Very favourable review from CDS

PICTURE PALACE MUSIC: SOMNAMBULISTIC TUNES (Tangerine Dream's Thorsten "Q" Quaeschning with his new project - Stock 455633) CD £13.99
Those of you familiar with those UK Marks & Spencer "Simply Food" adverts for their quality food products will get it when I say... "This is not just any synth music... This is TS synth music" (or should that be "musouk" :-)
Try to imagine that Vangelis was a member of Tangerine Dream throughout the 70's and 80's and they made an album together, then you are coming closer to getting a feel for how this album sounds.
'Somambulistic Tunes' is the brainchild of Edgar Froese's mate with the unpronounceable name: Thorsten ''Q'' Quaeschning, and it's an album that should be required classroom listening by the whole of the Berlin and Euro-synth schools - because it shows you the sheer emotional perfection of brevity. Across 17 tracks, Quaeschning puts more feeling into two minutes of his music than practically anyone else around the synth music scene right now. With tracks from two to thirteen minutes long, he's produced a master-class of an album. You'll hear everything from short cosmic symphonies with choral voices that are almost up to Constance Demby standards (almost!!) to more rhythmic pieces where things develop slowly, but where every note counts, where rhythms are accompanied by space and texture, and where expanse and emotion are just simply heavenly. But there's an edge to it all as well, so that none of it comes across as overly syrupy. Even where guitars are used, it's done to make each note count - and throughout the album, this feeling of warmth is conveyed to completion. Overall, it's a totally spellbinding album of slowly unfolding, varied yet emotionally thematically linked, glorious sounding, uplifting and highly enjoyable synths-based music that is a total treat on the ears.
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

High praise indeed Colin and well deserved!
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Hobo wrote:High praise indeed Colin and well deserved!
Not got it yet Mick but i will certainly be making a purchase 8)
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

epsilon75 wrote:
I don't think you'll be disappointed. I rate TQ very highly as a composer and his PPM projects have certainly captured the essence of some truly classic movies. He never seems to waste a note and I'm hoping he will soon release other albums (Nosferatu, Metropolis).
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Hobo wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
I don't think you'll be disappointed. I rate TQ very highly as a composer and his PPM projects have certainly captured the essence of some truly classic movies. He never seems to waste a note and I'm hoping he will soon release other albums (Nosferatu, Metropolis).
I really do like the Metropolis theme,thats great listening IMHO 8)
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

epsilon75 wrote:
Hobo wrote:
epsilon75 wrote: Not got it yet Mick but i will certainly be making a purchase 8)
I really do like the Metropolis theme,thats great listening IMHO 8)
Agreed. Great listening and an excellent interpretation of my favourite film.
Laserdisc Dream

Post by Laserdisc Dream »

How is it Any Good. :?:

:arrow:

ピーターAKAレーザーディスク夢
Jollyhawker

Post by Jollyhawker »

epsilon75 wrote:
Hi Colin et al,
Just returned from my hols in Florida and ordered Thorsten's CD from CD Services! It sure has a good review and will let you all know what I think when I get it!
Love & Peaches,
Neil.
"Lives of great men all remind us that we may make our lives sublime and so departing leave behind us footprints in the sands of time"
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Jollyhawker wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
Hi Colin et al,
Just returned from my hols in Florida and ordered Thorsten's CD from CD Services! It sure has a good review and will let you all know what I think when I get it!
Love & Peaches,
Neil.
Good to see you back Neil,had been wondering where you had got to :wink: Hope you enjoyed the Florida experience :arrow:
Jollyhawker

Post by Jollyhawker »

epsilon75 wrote:
Jollyhawker wrote:
epsilon75 wrote: Not got it yet Mick but i will certainly be making a purchase 8)
Hi Colin et al,
Love & Peaches,
Neil.
Good to see you back Neil,had been wondering where you had got to :wink: Hope you enjoyed the Florida experience :arrow:
Yeah Colin it was awesome!! Managed to see the Space Shuttle take off too!!- fantastic! Played MFD all through the holiday on the hire cars stereo - I don't know but their music seems to go with the scenery!
Also got a pic of me and the family wearing a TD T-shirt at the Hard Rock Cafe in Orlando!
looking forward to the Frankfurt gig now - can't wait!!!
Neil. :D
"Lives of great men all remind us that we may make our lives sublime and so departing leave behind us footprints in the sands of time"
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Look forward to a chat at the Ozric's gig next month mate :wink:
24db

Post by 24db »

Anybody fancy doing a review? CDS always go a tad over the top...but then again they are trying to sell it
timer

Post by timer »

would if I have a copy !.
24db

Post by 24db »

it's not bad...needs to be played a few times to get into I think