Edgar's book

T4N63R1N3 DR34M
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

Chris Monk wrote:
GlynRichards wrote:They need a good edit though :D
Yeh. But I have to say I like reading his writing style, it's very much like hearing him talk.
I reckon that's because we put our knowledge of Edgar's voice into the words we're reading.

For example, when I read Jeremy Clarkson's column or one of his books, his writing style reminds me of how he sounds on TV/radio......
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:
GlynRichards wrote:They need a good edit though :D
Yeh. But I have to say I like reading his writing style, it's very much like hearing him talk.
I reckon that's because we put our knowledge of Edgar's voice into the words we're reading.

For example, when I read Jeremy Clarkson's column or one of his books, his writing style reminds me of how he sounds on TV/radio......[/quote
Is it one of the best columns....

....in the world. (Gruff Yorkshire accent) :wink: :wink:
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
Jon

Post by Jon »

TDludo wrote:Read in the new TDOC update : interviewed in March, Edgar said that his autobiography "should be out in 2011" !! :D 8)
Wow!!

Does this mean that TD is coming to an end? I mean, I would guess that he would do such an autobiography towards the end of his career?
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Jon wrote:
TDludo wrote:Read in the new TDOC update : interviewed in March, Edgar said that his autobiography "should be out in 2011" !! :D 8)
Wow!!

Does this mean that TD is coming to an end? I mean, I would guess that he would do such an autobiography towards the end of his career?
I hope not. Kinda hope that this is just the first edition and that EF will be adding more chapters as the years roll on.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Chris Monk wrote:
Jon wrote:
Wow!!

I hope not. Kinda hope that this is just the first edition and that EF will be adding more chapters as the years roll on.
Quite agree. Just because there's a book does NOT mean the end of the band.
That's just silly.... :roll:
Jon

Post by Jon »

T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:
Jon wrote: Wow!!

I wouldn't call it "silly" to end a band after 40+ years, and at the age of 66. I would call it "well deserved". But of course, let's hope it's not the end...yet.
Erik

Post by Erik »

beat the rolling stones in longevity and i'll be happy. line-ups don't count.
"I actually prefer RPGs and fantasise about massacring the morons at my school as Final Fantasy 7's Sephiroth. "
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Jon wrote:
T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote:
Chris Monk wrote: I hope not. Kinda hope that this is just the first edition and that EF will be adding more chapters as the years roll on.
I wouldn't call it "silly" to end a band after 40+ years, and at the age of 66. I would call it "well deserved". But of course, let's hope it's not the end...yet.
No, I meant that someone is speculating that it's the end of the band just because of the book. That's what's silly.
I appreciate Edgar's age and the fact he's been in this business a long
time and is free and able to call it a day whenever he wants.
But that's his decision. Hopefully it's a long way off too :)
TDludo

Post by TDludo »

I really can't imagine Edgar ending this musical adventure soon...
He still has a lot of inspiration, he's getting well and he said in interviews that he feels the need to create music all the time, so... :)
A new cosmic address for the Master Dreamer...
Jon

Post by Jon »

T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote:
Jon wrote:
T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote: Quite agree. Just because there's a book does NOT mean the end of the band.
No, I meant that someone is speculating that it's the end of the band just because of the book. That's what's silly.
Well, I think a forum like this is for everything concerning TD, even speculating when Edgar decides to call it a day. Let's not imagine it will not happen. Because eventually it will.

"There's never a forever thing".
Einstein's Barber (ADMIN)

Post by Einstein's Barber (ADMIN) »

Jon wrote:
T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote:
Jon wrote: I wouldn't call it "silly" to end a band after 40+ years, and at the age of 66. I would call it "well deserved". But of course, let's hope it's not the end...yet.
Well, I think a forum like this is for everything concerning TD, even speculating when Edgar decides to call it a day. Let's not imagine it will not happen. Because eventually it will.

Edgar will never stop making music - he IS music! Even post mortem his music will live on....
If anyone thinks he will "go on pension" - this is ridiculous. An artist is subjected to other regularities. Music simply is his life.
Regards,
EB (ADMIN)
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. ALBERT EINSTEIN
TD Eye

Post by TD Eye »

Einstein's Barber (ADMIN) wrote:
Jon wrote:
T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote: No, I meant that someone is speculating that it's the end of the band just because of the book. That's what's silly.

Edgar will never stop making music - he IS music! Even post mortem his music will live on....
If anyone thinks he will "go on pension" - this is ridiculous. An artist is subjected to other regularities. Music simply is his life.
Regards,
EB (ADMIN)
Imagine there would be no (more) Dream. Quite impossible indeed!
Members and non-members only please.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Einstein's Barber (ADMIN) wrote: Edgar will never stop making music - he IS music! Even post mortem his music will live on....
Regards,
EB (ADMIN)
Good news indeed EB.

Saying that Edgar will stop making music and retire is a bit like saying when I retire I'm going to stop listening to TD. Frankly it ain't going to happen.
TDludo

Post by TDludo »

Einstein's Barber (ADMIN) wrote:Edgar will never stop making music - he IS music! Even post mortem his music will live on....
Regards,
EB (ADMIN)
That's about what I thought EB, but thanks for the clarification ! :D 8)
A new cosmic address for the Master Dreamer...
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Yayyy! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D