EDGAR STARMUS FESTIVAL INTERVIEW

logos
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

EDGAR STARMUS FESTIVAL INTERVIEW

Post by logos »

Edgar Froese from Tangerine visits Tenerife

Posted on Nov 26 2010
Founding member of the legendary band Tangerine Dream, Edgar Froese, visited
 Tenerife on 15/16 November. Mr. Froese's visit included a tour of MAGMA, where the concert and the festival will take place.

Watch an exclusive interview with Edgar
 Froese for STARMUS on the youtube channel:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-rgei7jBoc

See you in Tenerife on 25th March...
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

cheers but this has been posted elsewhere
epsilon75

Re: EDGAR STARMUS FESTIVAL INTERVIEW

Post by epsilon75 »

logos wrote:Edgar Froese from Tangerine visits Tenerife

Posted on Nov 26 2010
Founding member of the legendary band Tangerine Dream, Edgar Froese, visited
 Tenerife on 15/16 November. Mr. Froese's visit included a tour of MAGMA, where the concert and the festival will take place.

Watch an exclusive interview with Edgar
 Froese for STARMUS on the youtube channel:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-rgei7jBoc

See you in Tenerife on 25th March...
8) :D
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
HarryPotter No7

Post by HarryPotter No7 »

If this is the same clip I watched the other day I'm afraid Mr.Froese lost me after about 10 seconds :lol:

I guess I'm just not that philosophical...... :wink:

But it's great to see him looking better, that alone made my day.
Jon

Post by Jon »

HarryPotter No7 wrote:If this is the same clip I watched the other day I'm afraid Mr.Froese lost me after about 10 seconds :lol:

I guess I'm just not that philosophical...... :wink:

But it's great to see him looking better, that alone made my day.
I have to agree with that, I think me and Edgar are on two different planets. :lol:
Michael66

Post by Michael66 »

But it's really simple what Edgar tries to point out here: Most people have no idea at all in what kind of an universe they live. I remember I once asked my grandmother out of curiosity what she thought stars are, and she replied they're cold stones hanging in the sky around the Earth. I tried to explain to her that the stars are suns just like our sun, and she looked at me as if I'd lost my mind. Try this yourselves with people you know and you'll be very surprised it's still the deepest Dark Ages before Copernicus in most people's minds. Nothing has changed and most people don't care. They REALLY have no idea how big the universe is and that our solar system is just a tiny dot on the periphery of a galaxy that's one of around 100 billion other galaxies.

Ever got that boundless "cosmic" feeling when listening to TD? Most people don't know that feeling. They live in smaller worlds, because they either don't respond to music like we do, or nobody ever told them in what kind of universe they live, so that they could at least understand in a scientific sense about their place in the cosmos. If they knew, there's a chance they might change. That's the hope Edgar expresses in the video. :)
TDludo

Post by TDludo »

Michael66 wrote:But it's really simple what Edgar tries to point out here: Most people have no idea at all in what kind of an universe they live. I remember I once asked my grandmother out of curiosity what she thought stars are, and she replied they're cold stones hanging in the sky around the Earth. I tried to explain to her that the stars are suns just like our sun, and she looked at me as if I'd lost my mind. Try this yourselves with people you know and you'll be very surprised it's still the deepest Dark Ages before Copernicus in most people's minds. Nothing has changed and most people don't care. They REALLY have no idea how big the universe is and that our solar system is just a tiny dot on the periphery of a galaxy that's one of around 100 billion other galaxies.

Ever got that boundless "cosmic" feeling when listening to TD? Most people don't know that feeling. They live in smaller worlds, because they either don't respond to music like we do, or nobody ever told them in what kind of universe they live, so that they could at least understand in a scientific sense about their place in the cosmos. If they knew, there's a chance they might change. That's the hope Edgar expresses in the video. :)
Exactly... :D When listening to TD's music, it's possible to feel a real connection to the universe.
A new cosmic address for the Master Dreamer...
TangFanIRL

Post by TangFanIRL »

Michael66 wrote:But it's really simple what Edgar tries to point out here: Most people have no idea at all in what kind of an universe they live. I remember I once asked my grandmother out of curiosity what she thought stars are, and she replied they're cold stones hanging in the sky around the Earth. I tried to explain to her that the stars are suns just like our sun, and she looked at me as if I'd lost my mind. Try this yourselves with people you know and you'll be very surprised it's still the deepest Dark Ages before Copernicus in most people's minds. Nothing has changed and most people don't care. They REALLY have no idea how big the universe is and that our solar system is just a tiny dot on the periphery of a galaxy that's one of around 100 billion other galaxies.

Great post Michael! Nicely put.
rigel

Post by rigel »

You have elucidated so very well in words the seldom talked about fact that many people do indeed have closed minds ... narrow world views ... no imaginations. However it is you put it, it's a fact that some folks will never "get" the music of TD. It's made my Christmas morning learning that someone else recognises this. You put it better than I ever could!
Nero

Post by Nero »

rigel wrote:

You have elucidated so very well in words the seldom talked about fact that many people do indeed have closed minds ... narrow world views ... no imaginations. However it is you put it, it's a fact that some folks will never "get" the music of TD. It's made my Christmas morning learning that someone else recognises this. You put it better than I ever could!
You both are so absolutely right - very well said! And Edgar just hits the nail on the head. It's certainly his philosophy of life which shines through his music and that's why his sounds attracts us that much as we are a bit connected to his view of life, too. THE ENDLESS SEASON for example was the greatest Christmas gift I could get....last night I totally drifted away again.... 8)
HarryPotter No7

Post by HarryPotter No7 »

rigel wrote:

Not all of us are as philosophical as eachother, just because people don't get some of what Mr.Froese says certainly doesn't mean they are narrow minded, have closed minds or no imagination, how dare you make that kind of comment when you don't even know these 'people'. This is supposed to be a forum where we can express our individual opinions, not have some jumped up pillock then ridicule someone else's comment, the poster obviously thinks he is better than us small people and don't tell me I will never get the music of TD after listening to them for the last 25 years, just because I take something else from the music other than philosophy doesn't mean I'm less a fan than you.

If I've misread your post in some way then I apologise, if I haven't then I think you know where you can stick your post.

I don't intend getting into an ongoing debate over this, this will be my first and only post on the matter.