Franke scoring Reviving Ophelia

Jon
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Franke scoring Reviving Ophelia

Post by Jon »

At least it's nice to see Franke break free from reality TV hell, with the score to this Bobby Roth TV movie, his first non-reality or documentary project in three years. Edgar Rothermich is co-composer.

The Roth/Franke relationship goes back to Heartbreakers from 1984, so they go way back.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1690215/
intercorni

Post by intercorni »

bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

I think its great that Chris is still working and producing soundtracks, good for him, I hope he continues his musical output.

Sadly, nothing he produces is of any interest to me except for PCH and The London Concert. I wonder still about how his promised solo LP of 1977 would have sounded and how it would have been received. :)
Marakesh

Post by Marakesh »

I believe PCH was the promised solo LP of 1977.
"Their chief failings in social competence are an inability to perceive themselves accurately and annoying others by their dominance and unsuitable jokes."

Michael Argyle
Peter Beasley

Post by Peter Beasley »

Marakesh wrote:I believe PCH was the promised solo LP of 1977.
Are you saying then that the material on PCH was written 14 years earlier?
rigel

Post by rigel »

Much on the material on KLEMANIA was excellent, especially "Inside the Morphing Space," which I've always loved. There was also a Chris Franke compilation album years ago called EPIC -- some good stuff on there, too. One particular track, "Halekaiea" or something, sounded a lot like the theme from the soap opera "Sunset Beach." :lol:
Marakesh

Post by Marakesh »

Peter Beasley wrote:
Nope, I'm saying it could have been written and developed from that time up to the time of release 14 years later.
"Their chief failings in social competence are an inability to perceive themselves accurately and annoying others by their dominance and unsuitable jokes."

Michael Argyle
rigel

Post by rigel »

Peter Beasley wrote:
Ha ha.

The promised solo album of 1977 never happened. PACIFIC COAST HIGHWAY is something else entirely. I actually enjoyed much of it at the time.
Marakesh

Post by Marakesh »

rigel wrote:
Peter Beasley wrote:
Ha ha.

The promised solo album of 1977 never happened. PACIFIC COAST HIGHWAY is something else entirely. I actually enjoyed much of it at the time.
So PCH is not a CF solo album?? Did he promise to release a solo album in 1977? :)

Michael Argyle
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

bigmoog wrote:I think its great that Chris is still working and producing soundtracks, good for him, I hope he continues his musical output.

Sadly, nothing he produces is of any interest to me except for PCH and The London Concert. I wonder still about how his promised solo LP of 1977 would have sounded and how it would have been received. :)

although he has been successful and prolific, some of his more 'symphonic' work, I find quite listenable, if generic and predictable :arrow:
Jon

Post by Jon »

rigel wrote:Much on the material on KLEMANIA was excellent, especially "Inside the Morphing Space," which I've always loved. There was also a Chris Franke compilation album years ago called EPIC -- some good stuff on there, too. One particular track, "Halekaiea" or something, sounded a lot like the theme from the soap opera "Sunset Beach." :lol:
Yes, Haleakala is a gorgeous sax-based piece, just like Tim Truman's Sunset Beach theme:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9xNzOJ65y8
Last edited by Jon on Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SequenceC

Post by SequenceC »

Jon wrote:
rigel wrote:Much on the material on KLEMANIA was excellent, especially "Inside the Morphing Space," which I've always loved. There was also a Chris Franke compilation album years ago called EPIC -- some good stuff on there, too. One particular track, "Halekaiea" or something, sounded a lot like the theme from the soap opera "Sunset Beach." :lol:
Yes, Haleakala is a gorgeous sax-based peice, just like Tim Truman's Sunset Beach theme:

I like the Sunset Beach theme, used to watch that programme years back.
redziller

Post by redziller »

SequenceC wrote:
Jon wrote:
Yes, Haleakala is a gorgeous sax-based peice, just like Tim Truman's Sunset Beach theme:

I like the Sunset Beach theme, used to watch that programme years back.
Sunset Beach eh Ben? I got addicted too - it was just sooooo awful: evil twin brother, memory loss, Uncle Tobias and don't forget the turkey baster :oops:
imho

TD

/ did \
- does - ROCK!
\ will /

https://shiningpyramid.bandcamp.com/releases

http://www.redziller.co.uk/ffp/ TD video game
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

I wish CF would release something in the vein of Chains and Chimes....

...or is it Chimes and Chains? :roll:
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

Chris Monk wrote:I wish CF would release something in the vein of Chains and Chimes....

...or is it Chimes and Chains? :roll:
Totally agree. I think this track is the reason I was initially disappointed with Pacific Coast Highway. I was expecting a rocking sequencer led album rather than soft new-age.
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!