the TD members and their tunes

epsilon75
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by epsilon75 »

Chris Monk wrote:
Peter Beasley wrote:You've just got to buy Michael Hoenig's 'Departure From the Northern Wasteland' if you like classic 70s TD and Schulze.
Good choice. Stands up well against mid-70s TD.
I agree. It is a gem of an album IMO 8)
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
24db

Post by 24db »

epsilon75 wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:
Peter Beasley wrote:You've just got to buy Michael Hoenig's 'Departure From the Northern Wasteland' if you like classic 70s TD and Schulze.
Good choice. Stands up well against mid-70s TD.
I agree. It is a gem of an album IMO 8)
very good album...although, if I'm perfectly honest only one track really cuts the mustard for me
Erik

Post by Erik »

white out (1990) is apparently pretty rare
"I actually prefer RPGs and fantasise about massacring the morons at my school as Final Fantasy 7's Sephiroth. "
rigel

Post by rigel »

Erik wrote:white out (1990) is apparently pretty rare
Yes, I believe it is. Sorry to recommend an unobtainable album. Really though, I think the original should be made available today.
Erik

Post by Erik »

rigel wrote:
Erik wrote:white out (1990) is apparently pretty rare
Yes, I believe it is. Sorry to recommend an unobtainable album. Really though, I think the original should be made available today.
well i'll find a way to hear the original. i'd really like to compare the old with the new

listening to zoo of tranquility today, two tracks in and i'm loving it a lot.
"I actually prefer RPGs and fantasise about massacring the morons at my school as Final Fantasy 7's Sephiroth. "
Tropylium

Post by Tropylium »

rigel wrote:I (and I'm sure others too) would be interested to know which particular compositions you enjoyed most from Schmoelling's first three solo albums. Let us know what you think.
Matjora Is Still Alive; Zeit (For Stephan); The Zoo of Tranquillity (new version).

No, nothing from White Out, the album never particularly clicked for me…
Erik

Post by Erik »

the last two tracks of Wuivend are so different from the rest of the album. they happened to be my favourites, and i also liked the album as a whole. need to hear white out now, them i'm gonna sometime soon check out Jerome's music.

that Hoenig album mentioned above also caught my attention. i've heard that Peter Baumann has some solo work that is much like 70's TD also
Erik

Post by Erik »

gotta bump this so i can thank whoever it was for suggesting Neptunes. Sky Girls, Decoding with Celine and Through the Moving Light is a smashing trifecta of music.

The Murder Mystery Dinner Train. WOW
rigel

Post by rigel »

Erik wrote:gotta bump this so i can thank whoever it was for suggesting Neptunes. Sky Girls, Decoding with Celine and Through the Moving Light is a smashing trifecta of music.

The Murder Mystery Dinner Train. WOW
Radio Pluto and The Murder Mystery Dinner Train (great music, awful title) are my favourite tracks on Neptunes. The others you mention are very good too.

I love the nature sounds, voices and evocative melody at the beginning of side two of Wuivend Riet. Unfortunately, after that the two long title pieces just didn't work for me. Side one is excellent of course, especially Matjora is Still Alive and Zeit - the latter a wonderfully stirring piece that sounds great on headphones.
Erik

Post by Erik »

Jerome's other album was also treat. enjoyed every note, melody and beat of it