Chris Franke - The London Concert

Marakesh
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Chris Franke - The London Concert

Post by Marakesh »

This concert was at The Royal Apollo Theatre, Oct. '91. Are there any fans here that went and took photos and can remember what tracks were performed or was it only some of the tracks on the album that were played and are there any live recordings of the concert?
"Their chief failings in social competence are an inability to perceive themselves accurately and annoying others by their dominance and unsuitable jokes."

Michael Argyle
24db

Re: Chris Franke - The London Concert

Post by 24db »

Marakesh wrote:This concert was at The Royal Apollo Theatre, Oct. '91. Are there any fans here that went and took photos and can remember what tracks were performed or was it only some of the tracks on the album that were played and are there any live recordings of the concert?
Actually it was at the less impressive Astoria...just add it to the cover typo list ;)
Marakesh

Post by Marakesh »

24db wrote:
Marakesh wrote:This concert was at The Royal Apollo Theatre, Oct. '91. Are there any fans here that went and took photos and can remember what tracks were performed or was it only some of the tracks on the album that were played and are there any live recordings of the concert?
Actually it was at the less impressive Astoria...just add it to the cover typo list ;)
:shock: Now that is quite some mistake to make on the cover!
"Their chief failings in social competence are an inability to perceive themselves accurately and annoying others by their dominance and unsuitable jokes."

Michael Argyle
24db

Post by 24db »

Marakesh wrote:
24db wrote:
:shock: Now that is quite some mistake to make on the cover!
perhaps Chris was thinking about TD's gigs at the Apollo Victoria in 1980?

I had a VHS video of the gig (or rather about 20 mins of it, as well as some of the artists that appeared on the night), it wasn't at all bad (professionally shot and in colour)...but I recently flogged it on eBay. Chris had a BIG (digitech?) modular behind him (although I guess it more for show than anything) with a second keyboard player on the left of the stage. They had a smallish lighting rig which dramtically lowered during one of the pieces of music. I think the LC CD contains most of the music the video featured (although I'll admit I haven't played the CD in years and obviously I can't compare it with the video now). I did do a couple of small screen grabs...if I can find them I'll post them up here...
24db

Post by 24db »

epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

I also have that footage here on DVDr.
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

Thanks Andy, nice to see the pics. shame the CD cover didnt get any decent pics. just some weird one of chris looking like a statue or something.
24db

Post by 24db »

cantosis wrote:Thanks Andy, nice to see the pics. shame the CD cover didnt get any decent pics. just some weird one of chris looking like a statue or something.
No problem Matt. I seem to remember I have a B&W promo shot of Chris somewhere...with the dummies and table? oh and not forgeting that god awful shirt of his ;)...sorry Chris.
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

24db wrote:
cantosis wrote:Thanks Andy, nice to see the pics. shame the CD cover didnt get any decent pics. just some weird one of chris looking like a statue or something.
No problem Matt. I seem to remember I have a B&W promo shot of Chris somewhere...with the dummies and table? oh and not forgeting that god awful shirt of his ;)...sorry Chris.
think thats the pic on the CD cover as well, yeh he is with some dummies in a rather loud shirt. I am saying nothing :lol:
24db

Post by 24db »

Last edited by 24db on Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

Actually my mistake,its the Klemania cover with the dummies
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

That photo is also in the "Klemania" booklet :oops:
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

London just has a photo of some keyboards and a dove, and a spacey looking one in the centre
24db

Post by 24db »

cantosis wrote:Actually my mistake,its the Klemania cover with the dummies
I can't even find my copy of the LC now (not that I'm looking for it ;))...but I think he also used an old photo of himself (looks about 1986 to me) standing in front of Peter Baumann's original Projekt Elektronik modular that he later had shipped to Hollywood. He was still using the same photo years later, including the some shots of the Spandau studio (with the orchestra in it), slightly misleading as he got rid of it many years ago...or (as they say)...that's what I've been told through the TD grapevine. But hey, he's hardly the first person or company to use old photos as new.
24db

Post by 24db »