Zlatko Perica

timer
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by timer »

BLAH BLAH BLAH
Last edited by timer on Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

timer wrote:
cantosis wrote:
NAVEL OF LIGHT wrote:Both ZP & BB are talented guitarists but id prefer Edgar himself to take to the Guitar duties more...his guitar work on VFART, performed by Edgar on the album but BB live, is outstanding!

and do i need to mention Hamlet...(the mild guitar?) :lol:
I agree, TD have had some good guitar players down the years, Jerome is hugely talented as well, there is only one player I dont rate very high.
Care to share ?

No not really 8)
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

timer wrote:I prefer to have a little more respect for people than to call them by their surnames !

I agree Pullen :P
Jon

Post by Jon »

timer wrote:I prefer to have a little more respect for people than to call them by their surnames !
Excuse me??

So you mean calling them by their first names shows more respect than calling them by their surnames??

I have to say I don't get that logic at all! :lol:
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

Jon wrote:
Excuse me??

So you mean calling them by their first names shows more respect than calling them by their surnames??

It always brings flashback to school for me, usually when a teacher said "williams" it spelt bad news maybe its a culture thing but I would say calling someone by the surname in the UK is a bit disrespctful unless its meant in jest like my comment above ;-)
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

Jon wrote:
Excuse me??

Agree, Jon. Forum's getting weirder by the minute. :roll: :lol:
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Always appreciated and very much enjoyed Zlatko,s TD input,especially the 92/97 tours and his 2005 SBE swansong 8).
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

epsilon75 wrote:Always appreciated and very much enjoyed Zlatko,s TD input,especially the 92/97 tours and his 2005 SBE swansong 8).

gutted I missed the 2005 show, this has to be the highlight with Jeromes fine solo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hWfhyS4a7Q
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

I've been much impressed by Zlatko's playing within TD, shame there isn't more of it, but have to say that I prefer Bernies style, it fits TD's music better IMO.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
Jon

Post by Jon »

Insvims wrote:
Jon wrote:
Excuse me??

Agree, Jon. Forum's getting weirder by the minute. :roll: :lol:
LOL. yeah! What is next? :wink:
Jon

Post by Jon »

cantosis wrote:
Jon wrote:
Excuse me??

It always brings flashback to school for me, usually when a teacher said "williams" it spelt bad news maybe its a culture thing but I would say calling someone by the surname in the UK is a bit disrespctful unless its meant in jest like my comment above ;-)
Geez, and it's only the north sea between us!? :lol:
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

Possible explanation as to why (in Nordic countries especially) it's acceptable to refer to someone by their surname:

from Wikipedia

In Norse custom patronyms and matronyms were formed by using the ending -son (later -søn and -sen in Danish and Norwegian) to indicate "son of", and -dóttir (Icelandic -dóttir, Swedish and Norwegian -dotter, Danish and Norwegian -datter) for "daughter of". This name was generally used as a last name although a third name, a so-called byname based on location or personal characteristic was often added to differentiate people and could eventually develop into a kind of family name. Some Early Modern examples of the latter practice, where the patronymic was placed after the given name and was followed by the surname, are Norwegian Peder Claussøn Friis, the son of Nicolas Thorolfsen Friis (Claus in Claussøn being short for Nicolas) and Danish Thomas Hansen Kingo, the son of Hans Thomsen Kingo. Eventually, most Nordic countries replaced or complemented this system with the prevailing "international" standard of inherited family names. In Norway, for example, the parliament passed a family name act in 1923, citing the rising population and the need to avoid the confusion of new last names in every generation. The law does allow a person to retain a patronymic as a middle name in addition to the surname, as was common in Early Modern times; this is not a common practice, but does occur, a modern example being Audhild Gregoriusdotter Rotevatn). In Iceland, however, patronymics are still used as last names and this is in fact compulsory by law, with a handful of exceptions[1]

The use of Nordic-style patronymics, particularly in its Danish variation with the ending -sen, was also widespread in northern Germany. This reflects the influence of Scandinavia in this part of Germany during the centuries.

In Finland, the use of patronyms instead of family names was very common well into the 19th century. Patronymics were composed similarly as in Swedish language or other Scandinavian languages: the father's name and the suffix -n for genitive plus the word poika for sons, tytär for daughters. For example Tuomas Abrahaminpoika (to be read in English as "Tuomas, Abraham's son") and Martta Heikintytär (to be read in English as "Martta, Heikki's daughter").

So, my Nordic equivalent name would be Cliff Ronson and so my eldest lad would be Patrick Cliffson and my youngest James Cliffson
24db

Post by 24db »

anybody know what Zlatko's been up to recently...or at least since the SBE gig in 2005?
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

24db wrote:anybody know what Zlatko's been up to recently...or at least since the SBE gig in 2005?
Nope. His website has been quiet for some time. I call in occasionally but it hasn't been updated in ages. I'll see if my brother's heard anything.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
24db

Post by 24db »

Chris Monk wrote:
24db wrote:anybody know what Zlatko's been up to recently...or at least since the SBE gig in 2005?
Nope. His website has been quiet for some time. I call in occasionally but it hasn't been updated in ages. I'll see if my brother's heard anything.
cheers...sad to see that Bernhard's website seems to have gone completely :(