Zlatko Perica

cantosis
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Zlatko Perica

Post by cantosis »

Just watching the SBE 2005 show and Live in America and it was nice to be reminded of this guy. Its fair to say most TD fans dont miss him due to the guitar playing skills of Bernie, but I personally always liked him in TD and do miss him somewhat, so there! :P 8)
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

...The wise.....are silent.....
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

bigmoog wrote:not much news on his website :arrow:

thats true, was watching some of his youtube videos a whiole back and its fair to say he was a lot better than we saw in TD, he seems to be a bit more into powerplaying but obviously calmed it down a bit for TD.
bergen-dreamer

Post by bergen-dreamer »

Must admit I prefer BB -

Zlakto is indeed an excellent guitarist, but never felt he "belonged" in TD...
Last edited by bergen-dreamer on Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The streets are full of admirable craftsmen, but so few practical dreamers" - Man Rey
NAVEL OF LIGHT

Post by NAVEL OF LIGHT »

Both ZP & BB are talented guitarists but id prefer Edgar himself to take to the Guitar duties more...his guitar work on VFART, performed by Edgar on the album but BB live, is outstanding!

and do i need to mention Hamlet...(the mild guitar?) :lol:
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

NAVEL OF LIGHT wrote:Both ZP & BB are talented guitarists but id prefer Edgar himself to take to the Guitar duties more...his guitar work on VFART, performed by Edgar on the album but BB live, is outstanding!

I agree, TD have had some good guitar players down the years, Jerome is hugely talented as well, there is only one player I dont rate very high.
timer

Post by timer »

cantosis wrote:
NAVEL OF LIGHT wrote:Both ZP & BB are talented guitarists but id prefer Edgar himself to take to the Guitar duties more...his guitar work on VFART, performed by Edgar on the album but BB live, is outstanding!

I agree, TD have had some good guitar players down the years, Jerome is hugely talented as well, there is only one player I dont rate very high.
Care to share ?

As far as i know Zlacto concentrates more on teaching these days.
His contribution to 'his' TD era, I feel, has some wonderfull moments.

Gerald is another very fine player, who last solo CD is excellent.

My own opinion is that Bernhard is probably the best 'added' guitarist in TD's history - his ability to convey emotion through his playing is outstanding -take a listen to 'Dream of Death' for an example. Mind you I could be biased here having had the absolute pleasure of sitting down with him for near on 4hrs in April.

Having said all that , no guitarist gets the hairs standing up like 'The little guitarist from Berlin' ! such a totally unique style -Hamlet at the RAH is testment indeed to the man's true ability. Although classics like Coldwater Canyon - to name only one - is a true masterpiece.
Last edited by timer on Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

Agreed Tim...Edgar has his own style which no one can touch. Maybe not the most technical player but a unique way with his axe. :D
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

I prefer BB by far.
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

Edgar is probably the only guitar player who can get me choked up(in a good way). I dont think I will ever forgive myself for missing Hamlet in April. I can only hope I get another chance in the near future.

Zlatko Perica is a very different player, he might not give me the same emotions as when Edgar plays but I always found him exhilarating to wtach and listen to. watching him on the live in the USA 1992 DVD shows him in very good form, I do like Zlatko very much!.
Marc M

Post by Marc M »

I love many virtuoso guitar players... I quite like Bernhard Beibl, except when he uses that not good pseudo-acoustic guitar... He's mostly an electric guitar player...
Perica was a bit like Joe Satriani... Very good but not the style I prefer, sound and style-wise (though "Satch" used to be more versatile, innovative, delicate and lyrical than he is nowadays).
I think a guy like Marty Friedman might be better choice... but he wouldn't accept, I think.
I finally prefer Edgar, who I think had progressed a lot when he came back to guitar in the mid-80's, which is obvious on "Song of the Whale", for instance.
I'm happy he plays electric guitar again a little bit, like on "Views from a Red Train".
I got chills from his playing when he finally took his electric guitar for the encore in Paris in March... He's not very fast but his choice of notes is original... and he knows what a real hand-made vibrato is... Too many rock and virtuosos forget that !
He's got his style, his sounds.... Bernard is very good on electric guitar but he sounds like so many other jazz-rock/metal influenced virtuoso guitar players trained in Berklee...
I would like to hear Joaquin Lievano on TD's music. He played with famous jazz musicians in the late 70's, and played in Zazen who were so much influenced by Tangerine Dream in 90 - 95. Their specific musical new-age/prog/jazz-rock fusion in 1990 (before TD did this more guitar-orientated music, just a while after) was absolutely outstanding.
Anybody know the Zazen albums by the way ? The first was very progressive, the others more new-agish. But I love them all.
NAVEL OF LIGHT

Post by NAVEL OF LIGHT »

cantosis wrote:Edgar is probably the only guitar player who can get me choked up(in a good way). I dont think I will ever forgive myself for missing Hamlet in April. I can only hope I get another chance in the near future.
Oh dear Mate, too many sherberts wasnt it? (blame the medication) :lol:
Im pretty sure we'll have another chance to witness Edgar playing guitar on these shores sometime.
Know what you mean about getting choked up though....there is always a big smile on my face when Edgar walks on with a guitar...and i always look through the musicians on the cd's and see what one's Edgar has played guitar on...you know your in for a treat.

Albums like White Eagle, Exit & Le Parc with hardly no guitars on, wonder awhat they would sound like with a splash of Edgars magic on them? :idea:
Jon

Post by Jon »

Jon

Post by Jon »

timer wrote:
cantosis wrote:

Care to share ?

As far as i know Zlacto concentrates more on teaching these days.
His contribution to 'his' TD era, I feel, has some wonderfull moments.

Gerald is another very fine player, who last solo CD is excellent.

My own opinion is that Bernhard is probably the best 'added' guitarist in TD's history - his ability to convey emotion through his playing is outstanding -take a listen to 'Dream of Death' for an example. Mind you I could be biased here having had the absolute pleasure of sitting down with him for near on 4hrs in April.

Having said all that , no guitarist gets the hairs standing up like 'The little guitarist from Berlin' ! such a totally unique style -Hamlet at the RAH is testment indeed to the man's true ability. Although classics like Coldwater Canyon - to name only one - is a true masterpiece.
Does Gradwohl's solo music sound anything like TD?

I mostly enjoyed Perica's playing, but I agree that Beibl fits TD more.

Any news on why Perica stopped playing with TD?