New Steve Jolliffe Homepage

phaedra1974
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

New Steve Jolliffe Homepage

Post by phaedra1974 »

Hi everybody,

as a long time Tangerine Dream fan I was always interested in solo stuff. A few years ago I discovered the music of Steve Jolliffe and liked it very much. One day I wrote to Steve to ask him some music related questions. Steve was very kind and we have a very friendly contact since then. One day he asked me to do create his new homepage. 

After a few months of hard work it´s finished now.
Today is the day we will launch it:

www.stevejolliffe.jimdo.com

This homepage will soon replace his old homepage.

There are a lot of unseen photos, videos and a complete discography. I also did an interview with Steve where he talks about his times with Tangerine Dream and his relationship to Edgar Froese, Chris Franke or Klaus Schulze.

I hope there are a lot of people who will get interested in Steves music. He made a lot of really brilliant albums that Tangerine Dream fans and electronic music fans will love! If you aren´t familiar with Steves music you should listen to „Vision earth“, a cosmic masterpiece or the great ambient albums „Deep Down Far“, „Omni“ or „Zanzi“. On his live album “Poland” you can hear a 3 minute excerpt of a Tangerine Dream recording from 1969, with Edgar on guitar. If you have any questions regarding his music or his albums you can ask me.

Steve rereleased nearly all his albums as private CDRs in great sound quality and with very nice selfmade artwork. You can order them directly from his homepage for a very friendly price. He also released some interesting books, like his autobiography where he very detailed and critically writes about being two times in Tangerine Dream, the cyclone tour and the cyclone recording session. A must for every TD fan!

It´s a shame , but I know there are a lot of Tangerine Dream fans who don´t know much of his music. For me it´s the Tangerine Dream ex-musician with the most varied and exciting solo stuff, so you should give him a chance and discover his music. Maybe you enjoy listening to it like I do!

I hope you like this little homepage. For questions or criticism you can always contact me.
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

nice new website....lets hope more people buy and listen to the music 8) :D
...The wise.....are silent.....
24db

Post by 24db »

Brilliant, cheers...I'll be ordering the book!

Steve told me ages ago that he was working on a biography, nice to see something released.
bergen-dreamer

Post by bergen-dreamer »

"The streets are full of admirable craftsmen, but so few practical dreamers" - Man Rey
SequenceC

Post by SequenceC »

Nice website,

and interesting interview (from 2010)
24db

Post by 24db »

SequenceC wrote:Nice website,

and interesting interview (from 2010)
I've got to say that it's 'perhaps' a shame that Steve's made a few comments about Edgar, or rather the problems they had. Don't get me wrong, it might very well be the truth (I can't say), but I think it's shame that things like that need to be aired 32 years? later. All the quotes I've read from Edgar about Steve have always been very positive. Just my personal (perhaps ill-informed) view and nothing more. Great interview though and very interesting. Steve's a very talented musician, and it's always been rather sad that his very real talent has (by and large) been ignored by the masses.

Good luck with the website!
SequenceC

Post by SequenceC »

I met Steve at the O'Neil Pub before SBE 2005.

As I met him ver briefly I didn't have time to talk to him about his time in TD.

SO far, he is the only TD member I have met.
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

I cant see any interview, someone give me the direct link please?
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

cantosis wrote:I cant see any interview, someone give me the direct link please?

http://stevejolliffe.jimdo.com/archive-1/interviews-1/

:D
...The wise.....are silent.....
har

Post by har »

Thanks for posting the link, very interesting, bookmarked for further investigation 8)
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Thanks for the information 8)
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

Cheers Moogy
Marc M

Post by Marc M »

Thanks for the information about this website. :)
I didn't know that Steve Jolliffe had done so much music, nor that he had been part of an early version of TD with Edgar Froese and Klaus Schulze.
I've read the recent interview already. Fairly interesting.
Poor man, he hasn't been very lucky in his life it seems.
The bits about his time in Tangerine Dream aren't funny.
I never liked the B-side of Cyclone that is completely directionless for me, but I like the first side, an dhis vocals on the first song especially.
I could only listen to excerpts of his Bruton Suite and it's really nice;
Doesn't surprise me that he loves JS Bach.
I'll dig that further.
Marc
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

Really interesting interviews, nice to read someone elses perspective on that period of TD...He must get sick of getting questions about TD considering he wasn`t a member for long and it was such a long time ago.

Never bothered with any of his music though as the titles dont give me the imprssion it would be my thing.
24db

Post by 24db »