Conrad Schnitzler in and on TD

Hobo
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by Hobo »

24db wrote:
Rico wrote:
24db wrote: he think's it's sh*t pardon my French
rmfao. :o
that's a word for word quote btw

More 'wise' words on TD from Conrad

I don't have anything to do with this [band]. That's Soft-Music, [played] till you have to puke - that's not my kind of material. It's just Pop Music and no art - MOR for everyone. In the final analysis they work with the same feelings as pop singers. Let them have their feelings, but then they shouldn't pretend that it's art. I don't like that. Soft Music appeals to the lowest instincts of the human being.
I'm liking Soft-Music!
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
24db

Post by 24db »

Hobo wrote:
24db wrote:
Rico wrote: rmfao. :o
that's a word for word quote btw

More 'wise' words on TD from Conrad

I don't have anything to do with this [band]. That's Soft-Music, [played] till you have to puke - that's not my kind of material. It's just Pop Music and no art - MOR for everyone. In the final analysis they work with the same feelings as pop singers. Let them have their feelings, but then they shouldn't pretend that it's art. I don't like that. Soft Music appeals to the lowest instincts of the human being.
I'm liking Soft-Music!
To be fair Conrads' stuff isn't everyone's container of brown beverage either. It's more Art with a capital A than anything. Good stuff though
24db

Post by 24db »

zzzzzzzzz
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

24db wrote:More 'wise' words on TD from Conrad

I agree on the last sentence, although I would consider it a big compliment. And that's why I love TD. It appeals highly to my emotions.

But my emotions also goes with the harder stuff like that of CS. Gelb and Con (aka Ballet Statique) are utterly beautiful. The former is CS's Phadra, the latter is produced by Baumann in Paragon Studios. (with some PB equipment perhaps?)
Gold is just awesome, with very complex synth leads - almost proggy.. Con 3 have really funny parts, and I believe Rammstein have got some inspiration from there.

The KLUSTER stuff, sounds like Alpha Centauri side 2 and Electronic Meditation, but is far more evil and harsh. Could be some of the most threatening music ever.

So far, my favourite track is this one. http://www.bek.no/~tibprod/Conrad_Schni ... 8_Ryco.mp3
Not just random noise, but a very humouristic, catchy dissonant melody, odd timings, and splendid programming.
Schulze

Post by Schulze »

24db wrote:
I've got about 15 Conrad Schnitzler CDs in my collection and I've been listening to him on and off (well actually more off.....) over the last few years, and i have to say that he's just being totally pretentious with that statement.

Afterall who is he, or indeed anyone else to define what "Art" is....

......Music is afterall surely for listening to..... :wink:
Be at one with the sequencing.....
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

'art'

is the residue. it is the result, not the process

con? awesome result, bm is an admirer

'pretentious'' is just an articulation of self doubt and genius, hiding behind flowery words......

my opinion only :arrow:
...The wise.....are silent.....
24db

Post by 24db »

Schulze wrote:
24db wrote:
I've got about 15 Conrad Schnitzler CDs in my collection and I've been listening to him on and off (well actually more off.....) over the last few years, and i have to say that he's just being totally pretentious with that statement.

well he's a non-musician, so it's the art-route or nowt!
Schulze

Post by Schulze »

24db wrote:
Schulze wrote:
24db wrote:

well he's a non-musician, so it's the art-route or nowt!

Very true. :)
Be at one with the sequencing.....
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

I disagree. He makes music, and that makes him a musician. Listen to the clip above, Ryco - now that's what I call music.
8)
24db

Post by 24db »

Pertou wrote:I disagree. He makes music, and that makes him a musician. Listen to the clip above, Ryco - now that's what I call music.
8)
I think you've missed the point mate, the non-musician comment is just a statment of fact (Conrad, chatting to Edgar):

'You know I cannot play?' He said, 'That's good.' This was when Froese and Klaus Schulze were playing together. They played rock music and I was there to break the rock music, to make it kaput. I did everything against it, putting as much noise in as possible and Schulze was always a bit upset, like, 'What's this guy doing?' But Edgar always liked it...

However, this gives his music a real character, it's a strength. However the 'art' side of things, because he's limited by what he can play technically (partly), is (I think) a conscious decission to produce ART, avant garde, difficult music...call it what you will, music of a smaller audience, which on one side can be seen as elitism or another as Conrad being true to himself and his musical muse. Either way or whatever spin you put on it he's done some great stuff, and like ALL musicians some that doesn't work as well.

Conrad is an old bloke these days...but he's 'still' full of ideas, whether I like of them doesn't matter at all, he's not writing for me or 'an audience', he's doing it for himself first and that's it. TD and Conrad's music might be poles apart, but on a deeper level he and Edgar are still doing the same thing, explaining their thoughts and lives through music.

Conrad I salute you!
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

24db wrote:I think you've missed the point mate, the non-musician comment is just a statment of fact (Conrad, chatting to Edgar):

'You know I cannot play?' He said, 'That's good.' This was when Froese and Klaus Schulze were playing together. They played rock music and I was there to break the rock music, to make it kaput. I did everything against it, putting as much noise in as possible and Schulze was always a bit upset, like, 'What's this guy doing?' But Edgar always liked it...

Conrad I salute you!
Then I must disagree with Conrad. I think he's a brilliant performer. Listen to the solos on Gold! That's a very gifted keyboard playing, afaic.
I enjoy his music, but I don't really get Kluster. Did they read passages from the bible? It sounds like a former, very unpopular demagogue reciting on Zwei Osterei.
24db

Post by 24db »

Pertou wrote:
24db wrote:I think you've missed the point mate, the non-musician comment is just a statment of fact (Conrad, chatting to Edgar):

Conrad I salute you!
Then I must disagree with Conrad. I think he's a brilliant performer. Listen to the solos on Gold! That's a very gifted keyboard playing, afaic.
I enjoy his music, but I don't really get Kluster. Did they read passages from the bible? It sounds like a former, very unpopular demagogue reciting on Zwei Osterei.

Manfred Paethe reads them I think?
24db

Post by 24db »

has anyone here bought discs directly from Conrad?
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

24db wrote:has anyone here bought discs directly from Conrad?
I heard he sells his music on cdr. Is he to be contacted via email?
24db

Post by 24db »

Pertou wrote:
24db wrote:has anyone here bought discs directly from Conrad?
I heard he sells his music on cdr. Is he to be contacted via email?
yeah, that's what I meant mate...just wondered if anyone had bought them...prices and discs available etc

I'll email him