Paul haslinger interview

Schmoelling in wonderland
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Paul haslinger interview

Post by Schmoelling in wonderland »

Hi !

I don't know if someone have aleready seen this interview from Mr. Haslinger. Interesting. He talk about TD also (at the beginning). You can look there :
http://www.artistshousemusic.org/videos/film+composer
Schmoelling in wonderland

Post by Schmoelling in wonderland »

"Different movie.... same score... " ????
What does he mean ? Maybe he want to do other things than a "electronic" soundtrack.
timer

Post by timer »

Nice footage.

i think what he means is that although directors of the films he scored with TD , were after the same thing time after time . - Maybe !
Last edited by timer on Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Schmoelling in wonderland wrote:"Different movie.... same score... " ????
What does he mean ? Maybe he want to do other things than a "electronic" soundtrack.
Seems like a fair comment to me. TD were probably employed to do a TD-like score time after time.I doubt any Director would have employed them to do an orchestral score, shame really.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
Jon

Post by Jon »

Chris Monk wrote:
Seems like a fair comment to me. TD were probably employed to do a TD-like score time after time.I doubt any Director would have employed them to do an orchestral score, shame really.
I actually don't think TD were able to work with an orchestra. They really didn't have the knowledge about it I guess. Remember, guys like Haslinger had to learn that craft for years. And Edgar - has he ever worked with orchestral music? I doubt it.

But that's OK really. We have enough same-y orchestral music from other sources...
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Jon wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:
I actually don't think TD were able to work with an orchestra. They really didn't have the knowledge about it I guess. Remember, guys like Haslinger had to learn that craft for years. And Edgar - has he ever worked with orchestral music? I doubt it.

But that's OK really. We have enough same-y orchestral music from other sources...
Apart from Circus Krone and Paradiso TD haven't done much orchestral music.

I know what you mean about same-y orchestral music but if anyone's going to do anything new with the form it'll be TD.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
24db

Post by 24db »

ALL of TD'sunshine-members had to use professionals that knew the orchestra better than they did, it's far too complex to orchestrate for an 80 or 90 piece orchestra without that knowledge. Franke used Brynmor Jones for instance.