Wuivend Riet review

24db
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Wuivend Riet review

Post by 24db »

Last edited by 24db on Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
epsilon75

Re: Wuivend Riet review

Post by epsilon75 »

Always came across as a much better album to me :arrow:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
tdream4ever

Post by tdream4ever »

Also enjoyed Johannes's album first solo album. Good read Andy. Thanks.
DREAMING. . . . Now, Then!
hansx

Re: Wuivend Riet review

Post by hansx »

epsilon75 wrote:
Always came across as a much better album to me :arrow:
I have the same feeling, it is a much better album than described here. For me one of the better Schmoeliing albums.
razor

Post by razor »

This is Schmoelling at his very best!! I play it very often, just magnificent piece of work! :)
"You Laugh At Me Because I'm Diffrent, I Laugh At You Because You're All The Same"
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Brilliant album. Could so easily be a missing TD album. Great sounds, great music and some brilliant ideas. 10 out of 10.
hansx

Post by hansx »

Just playing it now. Again it gave me a great feeling as most of Johannes albums do. A bit experimental but the familiar sounds included.
Could we have some more albums of this quality from the others too, please. :)
24db

Post by 24db »

hansx wrote:Just playing it now. Again it gave me a great feeling as most of Johannes albums do. A bit experimental but the familiar sounds included.
Sadly I don't think even Johannes has/can top the quality of the music on display here. Brilliant album...I can't believe that some TD fans (TD fans? ;)) haven't explored his backcatalogue yet :shock:. They don't know what they're missing. As I once said about an Ulrich Schnauss album, it's not all perfect, but it does contain moments of perfection!
dreamerofdreams

Post by dreamerofdreams »

24db wrote:
hansx wrote:Just playing it now. Again it gave me a great feeling as most of Johannes albums do. A bit experimental but the familiar sounds included.
Sadly I don't think even Johannes has/can top the quality of the music on display here. Brilliant album...I can't believe that some TD fans (TD fans? ;)) haven't explored his backcatalogue yet :shock:. They don't know what they're missing. As I once said about an Ulrich Schnauss album, it's not all perfect, but it does contain moments of perfection!

Got to admit that I am one of the guilty ones that have not explored Andy. I must go look at what is available and put that right. There are far too many CDs I need to get at the moment.
24db

Post by 24db »

uknationalist wrote:
24db wrote:

Got to admit that I am one of the guilty ones that have not explored Andy. I must go look at what is available and put that right. There are far too many CDs I need to get at the moment.
shocking mate!!!!! ;) no you're right, unless you bought all the stuff as it came out it's a complete minefield and you can buy some terrible albums, to say nothing of the cost. Luckily with Johannes is almost all top draw stuff. One thing to note is that several of his albums only now exist in a remixed form (Zoo and White Out). Quite a few people only like the originals...but I think they all have merit.
dreamerofdreams

Post by dreamerofdreams »

24db wrote:
uknationalist wrote:
24db wrote: Sadly I don't think even Johannes has/can top the quality of the music on display here. Brilliant album...I can't believe that some TD fans (TD fans? ;)) haven't explored his backcatalogue yet :shock:. They don't know what they're missing. As I once said about an Ulrich Schnauss album, it's not all perfect, but it does contain moments of perfection!

shocking mate!!!!! ;) no you're right, unless you bought all the stuff as it came out it's a complete minefield and you can buy some terrible albums, to say nothing of the cost. Luckily with Johannes is almost all top draw stuff. One thing to note is that several of his albums only now exist in a remixed form (Zoo and White Out). Quite a few people only like the originals...but I think they all have merit.

Just had a look at the JS website and it all seems straight forward. Will put them on my to get list immediately.
24db

Post by 24db »

When Johannes was interviewed in 1997 he said that Wuivend Riet (quoting Glenn Gould who said that a composers first composition is usually the best) and White out were his favourite solo albums. White Out as it's 'more than music. The album is my attempt to define my point of view on this planet..."
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

I have seen worse reviews but this one certainly doesnt do the album any justice. Its a lot better than this dude seems to think.
24db

Post by 24db »

cantosis wrote:I have seen worse reviews but this one certainly doesnt do the album any justice. Its a lot better than this dude seems to think.
never seen a bad review of any of Johannes's albums, bar the odd New Age reference that some journalists shoe-horn into their reviews.