Picture Palace Music

epsilon75
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by epsilon75 »

24db wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
24db wrote:TQ just announced another event...see his facebook page
Wish i had the cash to go to these shows,love the stuff PPM compose 8)
Perfect timing for me...I miss it by a week :roll:
Typical luck then mate :(
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
24db

Post by 24db »

epsilon75 wrote:
24db wrote:
epsilon75 wrote: Wish i had the cash to go to these shows,love the stuff PPM compose 8)
Perfect timing for me...I miss it by a week :roll:
Typical luck then mate :(
it's how it goes Colin, I seem to remember I've miss several PPM gigs by a matter of weeks over the last few years.
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

cantosis wrote:http://www.picture-palace-music.com/ppm/

New CD from PPM 8)
Coming out on Vic's ricochetdream label 8)
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

epsilon75 wrote:
cantosis wrote:http://www.picture-palace-music.com/ppm/

New CD from PPM 8)
Coming out on Vic's ricochetdream label 8)
8) 8) another CD I must have.
Jon

Post by Jon »

Symphony For Vampires:

Well, it's a good album but I somehow had even greater expectations. I have only heard it once though. It starts really good with Array Of Fadin' Flowers, and Knock Knock is good too. Also TQ's Sleep Well, Elisabeth is very nice. Mental Undead is good but short. But he has some really experimental stuff too like the 8 minute Lilith's Cradlesong which is abstract piano only, and Celebrating Fears Pt 4. The last track is really a straight pop/rock song. Sascha Beator's three solo tracks are decent, but he's not a *big* talent. Thorsten Spiller's two tracks are quite good. Don Wuttke has two tracks, one of them a heavy metal headache.

A *very* varied album whcih I am sure will grow. Some of the tracks are too experimental for me though.

Thanks to Groove for sending it to me in just a few days, but with a shocking 25 Euro price tag (incl postage) nothing else would have been accepted...
treibklang

Post by treibklang »

Jon wrote:Thanks to Groove for sending it to me in just a few days, but with a shocking 25 Euro price tag (incl postage) nothing else would have been accepted...
You should have ordered it directly from the PPM-shop ...
I'm looking forward to Natatorium. Pity, I could not go to its debut in Berlin last week.
sound's good
http://www.syndae.de - your podcast on fine electronic music
Jon

Post by Jon »

treibklang wrote:
Jon wrote:Thanks to Groove for sending it to me in just a few days, but with a shocking 25 Euro price tag (incl postage) nothing else would have been accepted...
I'm looking forward to Natatorium. Pity, I could not go to its debut in Berlin last week.
Yes, I guess I should...

They should have an english web shop though. German is still not a world language...
24db

Post by 24db »

I want to hear more solo stuff from Thorsten, I find some of the band stuff a bit weak
treibklang

Post by treibklang »

Jon wrote: Yes, I guess I should...

They should have an english web shop though. German is still not a world language...
Oh, didn't recognize the shop is in german. Well, in this case ... send him an e-mail. This way, you can ask for a signed copy, too ;)
sound's good
http://www.syndae.de - your podcast on fine electronic music
timer

Post by timer »

Jon wrote:
treibklang wrote:
Yes, I guess I should...

The shop is available in both German and English - i will post a link for the English version later. 8)
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

Shame PPM cant do a small gig in the UK, I guess I will have to try and make Germany some time.

I love their stuff. 8)
24db

Post by 24db »

cantosis wrote:Shame PPM cant do a small gig in the UK, I guess I will have to try and make Germany some time.

I love their stuff. 8)
I spoke to Thorsten about this in Edinburgh, he thinks it's too expensive, especially if they need to get permission to use a silent movie. Reading between the lines perhaps it's because PPM have quite a few musicians then expenses can be a bit high. I would have imagined that he's get a better turn out than in Berlin
timer

Post by timer »

24db wrote:
cantosis wrote:Shame PPM cant do a small gig in the UK, I guess I will have to try and make Germany some time.

I love their stuff. 8)
I spoke to Thorsten about this in Edinburgh, he thinks it's too expensive, especially if they need to get permission to use a silent movie. Reading between the lines perhaps it's because PPM have quite a few musicians then expenses can be a bit high. I would have imagined that he's get a better turn out than in Berlin
Maybe a good idea for TQ to arrange a gig the next time TD play Berlin for the night before TD play - I'd be up for it ! 8)
24db

Post by 24db »

timer wrote:
24db wrote:

I love their stuff. 8)
Maybe a good idea for TQ to arrange a gig the next time TD play Berlin for the night before TD play - I'd be up for it ! 8)
Yeah, I've thought this before as well...I pretty sure he'd be able to get a hundred or so people up for it