Picture Palace Music

Insvims
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Re: Picture Palace Music - REVISION + UC TOUR 2014

Post by Insvims »

32 years + counting wrote:Great to see TQ and PPM going from strength to strength.

Bit 'o trivia for you....

The superb opening track SLEEPWALKING MARATHON from REVISION is an out-take / re-work from the REMNANTS soundtrack. (Fantastic piece, absolutely loved it, but just not quite right for the film).

And the B+W publicity pics for the tour are mine, taken the day after last year's Munster / REMNANTS Dome Planetarium gig.

Cheers,
Grant.
http://www.ancientskies.info
Great to hear! Looking forward to get my copy of ReVision. Have it ordered.
HarryPotter No7

Re: Picture Palace Music

Post by HarryPotter No7 »

Have ordered ReVision from the PPM website and looking forward very much to hearing it.

Shipping started 11.08.14

I ordered it 06.08.14

So hoping it arrives here in the UK very soon.......
ant

Post by ant »

:) I ordered my copy some time ago but nothing has arrived yet. Hopefully soon!! :)
Biggus Dickus
HarryPotter No7

Post by HarryPotter No7 »

ReVision arrived yesterday and so far sounds pretty good, Right of Acension has always been my favourite PPM track and has been completely re-worked here and also includes vocals......the instrumental version I have I downloaded a few years back from their website.

I hope TQ and co keep up the good work.

One minor gripe, the CD spines are completely blank! Not sure if this is intentional or a printing error. May have to print my own.
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

HarryPotter No7 wrote:One minor gripe, the CD spines are completely blank! Not sure if this is intentional or a printing error. May have to print my own.
Same here. And the cover image is also out of proportions (compared to the image from the website and from the postcard). This ruins the impression of the product a bit I think.
But the CD and the music is great! Nice to hear the reworked tracks.
sorcerer

Post by sorcerer »

ReVision arrived today.

First listen completed. Couple of tracks I am not so keen on, a couple also which I am not sure have been mastered correctly, but could very well be my ears. A lot of very good music on this which is a step away from my usual electronica and ambient. Enjoyed it.

I only have PPM Remnants and Curriculum Vitae, so good to hear other PPM music. Would these be considered the favourite tracks do you think ?

CD spine blank on mine also.........Gothic Plain Black.......unusual and different........could be intentional ?
prophetfive

Post by prophetfive »

REMNANTS 2k DCP version, will be shown as part of the Giant Screen Cinema Association (GSCA) conference, Toronto, Canada.
Venue:- Queensway Cineplex.....23/9/14 @ 3:30pm. 8) :arrow:
32 years + counting

Post by 32 years + counting »

Hello sorcerer,

Imo, you can't go wrong with the following PPM:

NATATORIUM (a lot got re-worked and also included on the REMNANTS ost)
SYMPHONY FOR VAMPIRES (feat. 'Lilith's Cradlesong'....TQ's absolute master piano piece)
METROPOLIS POETRY

On the latter two, fellow band member Sascha Beator gets a well deserved look-in, especially 'Eternal Garden' on the ELECTRONIC POETRY TOUR out-takes / ep

There are also some lovely tracks in:

SOMNAMBULISTIC TUNES (particularly 'The Funeral Night' + 'On The Run')
POIS, WINDMILLS + BUTTERFLIES (particularly 'Warming Up')
FAIRY MARSH DISTRICTS ('Spring Waterfall' is just sublime)
NOSTALGIA (particularly 'Morrina')

Enjoy!

Grant
sorcerer

Post by sorcerer »

Thanks for the recommendations Grant.

Have to say I am really enjoying ReVision, played frequently.

One of the tracks I was not so keen on was "Confusion as Souvenir". I now think it is superb and the tune has been stuck in my head for days. Sound on that track seems a bit compressed and dull but it really is a wonderful tune. Loving the vocals and melodies on this album. Quite an original and interesting sound I feel.
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

As I understand, Cargo OST is to be released in a week (October 20). I can still not see it listed in the PPm web shop. It is to be released on the Invisible Hands label, but their website does not have it listed either. Does anyone know something about this? I heard it wil also be released on vinyl, which I really look forward to.

http://www.picture-palace-music.com/

http://www.invisiblehands.co.uk/
Jon

Post by Jon »

Insvims wrote:As I understand, Cargo OST is to be released in a week (October 20). I can still not see it listed in the PPm web shop. It is to be released on the Invisible Hands label, but their website does not have it listed either. Does anyone know something about this? I heard it wil also be released on vinyl, which I really look forward to.

http://www.picture-palace-music.com/

http://www.invisiblehands.co.uk/
I have also searched for it, without luck.
ant

Post by ant »

:D New PPM Soundtrack album due out soon for the film Cargo as have had a pre-order offer from CD Services in Dundee!! :D
Biggus Dickus
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

I pre-ordered from CDS too. Looking forward to this!