Picture Palace Music

Tropylium
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by Tropylium »

epsilon75 wrote:
Tropylium wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:Both PPM & Spyra are no longer on the Manikin label. :arrow:
Is there confirmation for this somewhere? I see nothing about the topic on any of their sites. Still MySpace buddies too.

I used to presume these just sold like hotcakes :D
All i will say is than the Manikin admin are concentrating on their own music.
Well that's a given. 90% of Manikin's output is Schönwälder and/or Keller anyway.

The curious part is how these albums aren't listed yet in their "Discontinued" section either. Also missing is Ralf Wadephul's solo album.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Tropylium wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
Tropylium wrote: Is there confirmation for this somewhere? I see nothing about the topic on any of their sites. Still MySpace buddies too.

I used to presume these just sold like hotcakes :D
All i will say is than the Manikin admin are concentrating on their own music.
Well that's a given. 90% of Manikin's output is Schönwälder and/or Keller anyway.

The curious part is how these albums aren't listed yet in their "Discontinued" section either. Also missing is Ralf Wadephul's solo album.
I do know the Manikin catalogue and realise that 90% of the label is K & S or F & S or DK & MS solo as Mario Schonwalder owns the label.

RW is no longer on the label either so maybe in time these albums will appear in the "Discontinued" section.

As of now they are with Manikin no more :arrow:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
24db

Post by 24db »

When I have some time I'll add some content:

http://picturepalacemusic.blogspot.com/
j_pertou

Post by j_pertou »

Looking good Andy! 8)
When it's dark enough, you can see the stars.
tdream4ever

Post by tdream4ever »

I like what I'm seeing so far Andy. Cant wait. Hope I can get in on this one too. Looking forward to an update soon.
DREAMING. . . . Now, Then!
treibklang

Post by treibklang »

Nice :D
sound's good
http://www.syndae.de - your podcast on fine electronic music
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

j_pertou wrote:Looking good Andy! 8)
Look forward to the end results 8) 8) 8)
Okefenokee

Post by Okefenokee »

Hi,
prophetfive wrote::D :D Natatorium is top of my PPM list. Mailed Thorsten to request more of this excellent music. :wink: :arrow:
Yes, I also downloaded this album and am listening to it for the second time. Very TD-like music. Excellent :D I still wonder why TQ doesn't collaborate more with Edgar.
24db

Post by 24db »

epsilon75 wrote:
j_pertou wrote:Looking good Andy! 8)
Look forward to the end results 8) 8) 8)
put on hold for quite a while
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

I downloaded Natatorium from PPm's website. And I was blown away! Fantastic album!

Then I downloaded Minory, and it was very bad!

So I am a bit confused, hehe. What other PPm albums is worth having?
timer

Post by timer »

Couple more Downloads in the PPM Shop.
dreamerofdreams

Post by dreamerofdreams »

CD SERVICES NEWS
40 - 42 BRANTWOOD AVE DUNDEE DD3 6EW UK
Telephone: (+44) 0 1382 776595 / Fax: (+44) 0 1382 776595
E-Mail: orders@cd-services.com or info@cd-services.com
On-Line Stores: www.cd-services.com

In this message... A feature on Tangerine Dreams's Thorsten "Q" Quaschning's Picture Palace Music project...

Austrian musician Thorsten ''Q'' Quaeschning is currently Edgar Froese's synthesizers/keyboards partner in Tangerine Dream and he is a first-rate composer in his own right. Working under the name PPM (Picture Palace Music) he has produced several albums and now has a T-Shirt available in four sizes as well, so here is the full range now on offer at CDS Towers...

THORSTEN QUASCHNING'S PICTURE PALACE MUSIC: AUERBACHS NIGHT CLUB-MUSIC FOR LUST GENERATION (Stock # 1262824) CDR £13.99

THORSTEN QUASCHNING'S PICTURE PALACE MUSIC: CURRICULUM VITAE I-THE ASIDE ONES (Digi-Pak - Stock # 1190270) CD £14.99
Recorded between 2006 and 2008 various studios, including TD's Eastgate studio in Vienna, this is the 3rd album from Tangerine Dream's Thorsten Quaeschning, and going on the sales levels of the last two releases, this is going to be another biggie when it arrives in early June.
The musician line-up for this release is: Thorsten Quaeschning (Memotron / synthesizers / drums / vocoder / organ / guitars / piano), Sascha Beator (synthesizers), Thorsten Spiller (guitars / synthesizer), Vincent Quiram (guitars) & Don (guitars / synthesizer).
01. Celebrating Fears-Part 1
02. Mandrake Flight
03. Spreading Disease
04. Morgengrauen
05. Waving Goodbye, Waving, Waving-Part 2
06. Schreck´s Non Vampiric...
07. Day Of Wrath
08. Auerbach´s Night Club
09. Under The Golden Charm
10. Powercutting
11. Añoranza
12. Mal Du Pays
13. Heimþrá
14. Wiedersehen

THORSTEN QUASCHNING'S PICTURE PALACE MUSIC: NATATORIUM-MUSIC FOR MOONLIGHT DRIVES & SWIMMING POOLS (Over 55 Minute Playing Time - Stock # 1262829) CDR £13.99
Recorded in 2009 at Townend-Studios (Berlin), Q-Music-Studios (Berlin), OrBeat-Studios (Berlin) & Eastgate-Studios (Vienna), this is the latest offering from Thorsten ''Q'' Quaeschning
Track List:
01. Drowning Moon & Eleven Suns
02. Moon Dial
03. Blue-Hour-Glass
04. Risk Pool
05. Drowning Suns On Moonlight Drive
06. Gretchen Tragedy [Faust out-take]

THORSTEN QUASCHNING'S PICTURE PALACE MUSIC: NEXT YEAR WE MAY BE MILES AWAY-WINTER SOLSTICE (Stock # 1262822) CDR £13.99

THORSTEN QUASCHNING'S PICTURE PALACE MUSIC: SOMNAMBULISTIC TUNES (Digi-Pak - Stock # 455633) CD £16.99
Try to imagine that Vangelis was a member of Tangerine Dream throughout the 70's and 80's and they made an album together, then you are coming closer to getting a feel for how this album sounds.
Released in 2007, 'Somnambulistic Tunes' was the brainchild of Edgar Froese's mate with the unpronounceable name… Thorsten ''Q'' Quaeschning, and it was an album that should be considered required classroom listening by the whole of the Berlin and Euro-synth schools - because it shows you the sheer emotional perfection of brevity. Across 17 tracks, Quaeschning puts more real feeling into two minutes of his music than practically anyone else around the synth music scene. With tracks from two to thirteen minutes long, he's produced a master-class of an album. You'll hear everything from short cosmic symphonies with choral voices that are almost up to Constance Demby standards (almost!!) to more rhythmic pieces where things develop slowly, but where every note counts, where rhythms are accompanied by space and texture, and where expanse and emotion are just simply heavenly.
But there's an edge to it all as well, so that none of it comes across as overly syrupy. Even where guitars are used, it's done to make each note count - and throughout the album, this feeling of warmth is conveyed to completion.
Overall, it's a totally spellbinding album of slowly unfolding, varied yet emotionally thematically linked, glorious sounding, uplifting and highly enjoyable synths-based music that is a total treat on the ears.
01. Overture (4:06)
02. Little Town Of Holstenwall (4:34)
03. Annual Fair (5:14)
04. Somnambulistic (5:04)
05. Streets Of Holstenwall (2:55)
06. Night, Night, Night (7:36)
07. Help, Murder, Help (6:23)
08. Funfair 1919 (2:34)
09. Jane & Cesare (2:00)
10. Funeral Night (3:38)
11. Jane's Nightmare (1:24)
12. On The Run (4:10)
13. Celebrating Fears-Part 2 (2:27)
14. Investigation (13:35)
15. Twilight Of The Invalid (0:45)
16. Lunatic Asylum (4:42)
17. Final (3:52)

THORSTEN QUASCHNING'S PICTURE PALACE MUSIC: SYMHONY FOR VAMPIRES (Digi-Pak - Stock # 1043963) CD £16.99
Following-up the stunning debut PPM album: 'Somnabulistic Tunes', this was issued in 2008 and is almost seventy minutes long. For this album the Tangerine Dream keyboarder Thorsten Quaeschning and his band were inspired by Friedrich Wilhelm Murnaus: "Nosferatu - eine Symphonie des Grauens".
Track List:
01. Array Of Fadin´ Flowers (4:37)
02. Knock Knock (4:32)
03. Alucard (4:36)
04. Mental Undead (2:52)
05. Waving Goodbye, Waving Waving (3:37)
06. Demeter-Morph (3:07)
07. Sleep Well, Elisabeth (7:34)
08. Celebrating Fears-Part 4 (2:53)
09. Scholomance Trance (3:49)
10. Vlad, Anton, Ruediger (3:11)
11. Yersenia Sea (4:13)
12. Ligeias Wake (4:27)
13. Lucy And The Shy Diabolos (2:53)
14. Liliths Cradlesong (8:31)
15. The End Of The End Of Everything (5:59)

THORSTEN QUASCHNING'S PICTURE PALACE MUSIC: WALPURGISNACHT-SAINTS & WITCHES (Stock # 1262823) CDR £13.99

THORSTEN QUASCHNING'S PICTURE PALACE MUSIC (T-SHIRT): PPM LOGO ON BLACK SHIRT (Size: L/Round Neck - Stock # 1262827) TEES £19.99

THORSTEN QUASCHNING'S PICTURE PALACE MUSIC (T-SHIRT): PPM LOGO ON BLACK SHIRT (Size: M/Round Neck - Stock # 1262826) TEES £19.99

THORSTEN QUASCHNING'S PICTURE PALACE MUSIC (T-SHIRT): PPM LOGO ON BLACK SHIRT (Size: S/Round Neck - Stock # 1262825) TEES £19.99

THORSTEN QUASCHNING'S PICTURE PALACE MUSIC (T-SHIRT): PPM LOGO ON BLACK SHIRT (Size: XL/Round Neck - Stock # 1262828) TEES £19.99

For technical reasons these titles are not all available from our on-line shop yet, however, as an existing CDS customer, ordering any of these titles NOW could not be easier! Simply press your 'Reply' key (some e-mail clients require you to highlight the text you wish to copy first), edit out the titles you do not wish to order, then 'Send' the e-mail back to us. Alternatively, just copy & paste the Artist & Title line into a fresh e-mail and send it to: orders@cd-services.com .
If you reply from the e-mail address we sent this info to, you don't even need to type out your address details or customer number on your return order, as we can pick up all the details we need from your e-mail address.
Some customers still like to Telephone or Fax their orders in, so these options are still open to you to use, but remember if you use the Fax option, please include your customer number or post-code to enable us to locate your account quickly, plus, if necessary, any update to your credit card details.
If your last order was a credit card transaction, and you wish to use a new credit card, of if you think the credit card details on your CDS account may be out of date, please contact us to refresh the data; otherwise we do not need this information to process your order.
Please note: If you paid your last order by cheque or postal-order, you can still send the e-mail back to reserve the items you want, and we will send the goods once your payment has arrived.

Please remember that CD Services does not charge your credit card until the day your order is shipped out to you, so placing a pre-order on new releases cost you nothing, and often allows you to take advantage of any pre-release deal price we may be offering on some items.

PRICES quoted are in UK Pounds (£) only, and all are inclusive of V.A.T. at the standard UK rate of 15%.
(Non EEC Customers that are exempt from paying UK taxes should divide the quoted prices by 1.150 to calculate the V.A.T. free prices they will pay).
All PRICES are subject to change without prior notice.

POSTAGE RATES are as per normal CDS rates for this item in your area in the world.

The CD Services Team.
No trees were harmed in the creation of this post but several trillion electrons were slightly inconvenienced.
Nero

Post by Nero »

Insvims wrote:I downloaded Natatorium from PPm's website. And I was blown away! Fantastic album!

Then I downloaded Minory, and it was very bad!

So I am a bit confused, hehe. What other PPm albums is worth having?

Minory albums are indeed very bad. Since TQ learned (or copied?:-)) from TD it is much better....
24db

Post by 24db »

http://www.syngate.net/

PPM concert in April? sounds good for anyone who's in the area
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

The last four tracks on "Natatorium" have been altered :?