TDOC Membership question

tadreamer74
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

TDOC Membership question

Post by tadreamer74 »

Anyone know if one can access the fanclub section of the site by getting your card number via e-mail, or do you have to wait for the card to come in the mail? I live in the U.S. and it would be nice to have access sooner. I thought on the register page it mentioned you would get your card number so you don't have to wait for it to arrive, but there has been no messages in my e-mail, just the order confirmation.

Also, Paypal charged me twice for the card, one in 30 Euros and one in $42.68, so is this normal for members residing outside Europe to pay an extra charge or fee for something others do not? I am pissed and good thing I had extra funds to cover this, but why am I getting charged $30 and $42.68 at the same time? At this rate I could have paid for a 3 year membership, but then again they would have charged me twice again and it would have costed me over $100. If anyone can help, let me know. I have a feeling Paypal has some explaining to do, but getting a hold of them is like finding a needle in a haystack. :x :x :(
"Tangerine Dream: Letting the music speak without words"
24db

Re: TDOC Membership question

Post by 24db »

tadreamer74 wrote:Anyone know if one can access the fanclub section of the site by getting your card number via e-mail, or do you have to wait for the card to come in the mail? I live in the U.S. and it would be nice to have access sooner. I thought on the register page it mentioned you would get your card number so you don't have to wait for it to arrive, but there has been no messages in my e-mail, just the order confirmation.

Also, Paypal charged me twice for the card, one in 30 Euros and one in $42.68, so is this normal for members residing outside Europe to pay an extra charge or fee for something others do not? I am pissed and good thing I had extra funds to cover this, but why am I getting charged $30 and $42.68 at the same time? At this rate I could have paid for a 3 year membership, but then again they would have charged me twice again and it would have costed me over $100. If anyone can help, let me know. I have a feeling Paypal has some explaining to do, but getting a hold of them is like finding a needle in a haystack. :x :x :(
should work by getting your number via email mate...unless there is a problem with logging on at TD's end. Regarding Paypal I think you should have only been debited once, it's work checking with Eastgate
tadreamer74

Post by tadreamer74 »

Thanks Andy, all I can say is I am PISSED!!

:x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x
PISSED :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x
24db

Post by 24db »

tadreamer74 wrote:Thanks Andy, all I can say is I am PISSED!!

Well if Eastgate got a double payment...and that's 'if', then they should be able to refund you if you contact them mate.
tadreamer74

Post by tadreamer74 »

24db wrote:

Well if Eastgate got a double payment...and that's 'if', then they should be able to refund you if you contact them mate.
Is there a particular person who handles the membership fees I need to contact, or just the main contact e-mail addy?
24db

Post by 24db »

tadreamer74 wrote:
24db wrote:

Is there a particular person who handles the membership fees I need to contact, or just the main contact e-mail addy?
I'd guess it's whoever is in the office at the time. I've found them very helpful in the past and they're 'usually' pretty prompt with their responses and true to their word.

eastgate@gmx.com
Last edited by 24db on Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
tadreamer74

Post by tadreamer74 »

Just checked the order confirmation I received from Eastgate and according to their receipt, it states $30 was recieved, but on my Paypal it shows $30 also, but it took the payment off twice because my Paypal funds balance reflects this and when you click on the "Details" link on the Eastgate transaction, it shows both payments there. It does say something about a "Euro" conversion, but I ordered items on Ebay from overseas sellers and never had to pay twice. Something seems fishy here on Paypal's end. I don't believe it is Eastgate, but I will be dropping them a message just in case they receive 2 payments on their end and as soon as I find the right e-mail addy to send a message to. Thanks for the help Andy and I hope I can resolve this.
24db

Post by 24db »

tadreamer74 wrote:Just checked the order confirmation I received from Eastgate and according to their receipt, it states $30 was recieved, but on my Paypal it shows $30 also, but it took the payment off twice because my Paypal funds balance reflects this and when you click on the "Details" link on the Eastgate transaction, it shows both payments there. It does say something about a "Euro" conversion, but I ordered items on Ebay from overseas sellers and never had to pay twice. Something seems fishy here on Paypal's end. I don't believe it is Eastgate, but I will be dropping them a message just in case they receive 2 payments on their end and as soon as I find the right e-mail addy to send a message to. Thanks for the help Andy and I hope I can resolve this.
I hope you get some joy mate. Very odd for Paypal...I've never had a problem with them in 5+ years or so. However that doesn't mean they can't make a cockup...and there's no reason to be out of pocket if they made the error

try this email!!!

eastgate@gmx.com
tadreamer74

Post by tadreamer74 »

Thanks, I just checked back and I received my card number. Glad that part is ok. Thanks for the e-mail addy, I was going to use the one which was on the confirmation message they sent me which is the same one you just gave me. Thanks again and I will try and get this "double" payment issue fixed. I never had any problems with Paypal either in my 3 years of using them, but I have a feeling making a purchase from a website from another country may be the reason in this case. Shoukld not matter, but this is the only explanation can think of.

Did you get the biography articles mate?
24db

Post by 24db »

tadreamer74 wrote:Thanks, I just checked back and I received my card number. Glad that part is ok. Thanks for the e-mail addy, I was going to use the one which was on the confirmation message they sent me which is the same one you just gave me. Thanks again and I will try and get this "double" payment issue fixed. I never had any problems with Paypal either in my 3 years of using them, but I have a feeling making a purchase from a website from another country may be the reason in this case. Shoukld not matter, but this is the only explanation can think of.

I did...thanks mate...sorry been busy, illness in the family etc
tadreamer74

Post by tadreamer74 »

24db wrote:
tadreamer74 wrote:Thanks, I just checked back and I received my card number. Glad that part is ok. Thanks for the e-mail addy, I was going to use the one which was on the confirmation message they sent me which is the same one you just gave me. Thanks again and I will try and get this "double" payment issue fixed. I never had any problems with Paypal either in my 3 years of using them, but I have a feeling making a purchase from a website from another country may be the reason in this case. Shoukld not matter, but this is the only explanation can think of.

I did...thanks mate...sorry been busy, illness in the family etc
Been busy here also and rest of week will only be busier. Thanks for the help and hope things get better with your loved ones. Cheers. :wink:
tadreamer74

Post by tadreamer74 »

I believe the TDOC should be updated also since May is the last time anything has been posted. Most clubs that members join have access to updates and new items on a monthly basis, but its going to be July soon, so 2 months of no new material or updtaes for the fanclub is unacceptable. Glad I only paid for a year subscription. Until more material is posted for the fans who pay for these services, I will keep my 1 year subscription.

Also would be nice to receive a free disc, t-shirt or some other token for members who join. Just a suggestion EB! :wink:
Hipgnosis

Post by Hipgnosis »

Hi,

It's scary to me that the admins have not seen this and not acted on it ... typical of corporate structure I bet ... "not my job"! I really hope they take care of this ... I would hate to associate this with Tangerine Dream ... not that they have to be some sort of virginal celestine and cryastalized new age apparition ... that heals my tacones ... but it would add a taste that is harder to swallow and make the music have a different feel to it ...

Personally I don't want to see that corrupted ... so please ... admins ... handle this.
tadreamer74

Post by tadreamer74 »

Hipgnosis wrote:Hi,

It's scary to me that the admins have not seen this and not acted on it ... typical of corporate structure I bet ... "not my job"! I really hope they take care of this ... I would hate to associate this with Tangerine Dream ... not that they have to be some sort of virginal celestine and cryastalized new age apparition ... that heals my tacones ... but it would add a taste that is harder to swallow and make the music have a different feel to it ...

Personally I don't want to see that corrupted ... so please ... admins ... handle this.
Glad to see you agree mate! Maybe if more people shout out, something will get done :D
prophetfive

Post by prophetfive »

tadreamer74 wrote:
Hipgnosis wrote:Hi,

Glad to see you agree mate! Maybe if more people shout out, something will get done :D
:D :D I've had a couple of occasions when double payments have gone to Eastgate from Paypal. My advice is to contact Eastgate and explain fully what has happened. I have always found them very pro-active and helpful in sorting out this type of issue. :wink: :arrow: