Klaus Schulze 2005 interview

Glenn
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Klaus Schulze 2005 interview

Post by Glenn »

Hi folks,

Just wanted to let you know that my 2005 interview with Klaus Schulze is available at http://news.planetorigo.com/article.php?poarticle_id=98

It was unavailable for some time, but is now at this link.
Greetings from Glenn Folkvord
Editor

http://www.PlanetOrigo.com
Sci-fi, fantasy, electronica, ambient
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Thanks for the interview Glenn and a warm welcome to the forum 8)
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
24db

Post by 24db »

Planet Origo: Your nine albums with Pete Namlook, The Dark Side of the Moog, should they be seen as some kind of musical humour, a tribute to Pink Floyd, or what?

Klaus Schulze: Money.

Ouch!
Nero

Post by Nero »

24db wrote:Planet Origo: Your nine albums with Pete Namlook, The Dark Side of the Moog, should they be seen as some kind of musical humour, a tribute to Pink Floyd, or what?

Ouch!
Schulze seems to be a very simple character....as most of his music is. :roll:
24db

Post by 24db »

Nero wrote:
24db wrote:Planet Origo: Your nine albums with Pete Namlook, The Dark Side of the Moog, should they be seen as some kind of musical humour, a tribute to Pink Floyd, or what?

Ouch!
Schulze seems to be a very simple character....as most of his music is. :roll:
a tad unfair...and that's coming from somebody who doesn't like his latest stuff
Hipgnosis

Post by Hipgnosis »

Ouch!
I can understand this somewhat ... I didn't care for that series much as I thought that it was way way way way way down from what Klaus was doing ... but it might have had a side effect ... that we might not get to see as much as otherwise ... learning the more technical side of things ... or what I call the machine side of things ... something that he would have enjoyed and appreciated and later employed in his work and performances.

But ... please ... let's not be cynical about something honest. He told us he needed food on the table ... and I can tell you the couple of times I have been unemployed and hurting to save all this music that I love ... and still do!

Robert Redford, yeah .. that turkey ... once said about getting 20 Million for 10 lines and 10 minutes ... "... the stupidest thing I could ever do was not take the money ... " ... and between you and I, I am not complaining about his Sundance endeavor.

And I certainly am not complaining about the work that Klaus has put out on his own.
24db

Post by 24db »

Hipgnosis wrote:

Ouch!
I can understand this somewhat ... I didn't care for that series much as I thought that it was way way way way way down from what Klaus was doing ... but it might have had a side effect ... that we might not get to see as much as otherwise ... learning the more technical side of things ... or what I call the machine side of things ... something that he would have enjoyed and appreciated and later employed in his work and performances.

But ... please ... let's not be cynical about something honest. He told us he needed food on the table ... and I can tell you the couple of times I have been unemployed and hurting to save all this music that I love ... and still do!

Robert Redford, yeah .. that turkey ... once said about getting 20 Million for 10 lines and 10 minutes ... "... the stupidest thing I could ever do was not take the money ... " ... and between you and I, I am not complaining about his Sundance endeavor.

And I certainly am not complaining about the work that Klaus has put out on his own.
you might be right, as we know at the time he sold his soul...er sorry his Moog to Pete Namlook ;):

Klaus Schulze; "I would never sell the Moog, it would be like selling my soul"
jacob

Post by jacob »

I need money, too. My soul will be put on eBay within the next few days. Starting bid 10£.