Conrad Schnitzler

24db
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Conrad Schnitzler

Post by 24db »

Last edited by 24db on Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Schulze

Re: Conrad Schnitzler

Post by Schulze »

24db wrote:I'm thinking of ordering some CDRS from Conrad, but with with about 600 to choose from it's a complete minefield. Could anyone recommend a few discs (about 10 perhaps) from his CDR series (1990-2009). Any help would be much appreciated

andy
I was listening to "Con Repetizione" last night and was totally engrossed.

Pure piano, multi-layered brilliance.... 2 tracks lasting about 30 min apiece.... :)
Be at one with the sequencing.....
Janus

Post by Janus »

I had a message from Conrad earlier today that might be of interest
to folk for tonight....

Saturday, March 14: Michael Thomas Roe will be performing a "con-cert" of Conrad Schnitzler music at the City Skies Electronic Music event in Atlanta. This will be BROADCAST LIVE on Stillstream.com. The performance starts at 10 pm U.S. Eastern time. Please tune in and help support Con-music!
http://heyzradio.com
For Tim - Always in our thoughts and hearts, the dream remains the same
24db

Re: Conrad Schnitzler

Post by 24db »

Schulze wrote:
24db wrote:I'm thinking of ordering some CDRS from Conrad, but with with about 600 to choose from it's a complete minefield. Could anyone recommend a few discs (about 10 perhaps) from his CDR series (1990-2009). Any help would be much appreciated

andy
I was listening to "Con Repetizione" last night and was totally engrossed.

Pure piano, multi-layered brilliance.... 2 tracks lasting about 30 min apiece.... :)
Last edited by 24db on Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
24db

Post by 24db »

Last edited by 24db on Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jacob

Post by jacob »

24db wrote:pity there's not more on Conrad, as A. his current music is IMHO better than Klaus Schulze's and b. IMHO he was a bigger influence on TD at the start
I tend to agree. His 'Gelb' album was like a 'Phaedra 2.0'.
24db

Post by 24db »

jacob wrote:
24db wrote:pity there's not more on Conrad, as A. his current music is IMHO better than Klaus Schulze's and b. IMHO he was a bigger influence on TD at the start
I tend to agree. His 'Gelb' album was like a 'Phaedra 2.0'.
Schulze

Post by Schulze »

Of course I'd have to humbly disagree with you there Andy.... :wink:

Con Repetizione is a standard CD, and not one of his CD-R's, but it is a great listlen, very powerful, and only piano....

I gave Charred Machinary and Blue Glow a listen last night and given parts of these CD's were recorded in the very early 70's, 71-72 I was amazed at just how electronic they sounded..... :shock:
24db

Post by 24db »

Schulze wrote:

Con Repetizione is a standard CD, and not one of his CD-R's, but it is a great listlen, very powerful, and only piano....

I gave Charred Machinary and Blue Glow a listen last night and given parts of these CD's were recorded in the very early 70's, 71-72 I was amazed at just how electronic they sounded..... :shock:
Schulze

Post by Schulze »

24db wrote:
Schulze wrote:

Of course mate, that's what opinions are about.

Re the sounding electronic bit...you don't really need synths for stuff to sound electronic, just a few simple filters and about 9000 hours splicing tape ;)...and I refer you to Cluster's early stuff for comparison
That's true.... :)

One of the finest examples of that tecnique has to be Louis and Bebe Barons "Forbidden Planet" Soundtrack.....
24db

Post by 24db »

Schulze wrote:
24db wrote:
Schulze wrote: Of course I'd have to humbly disagree with you there Andy.... :wink:

Of course mate, that's what opinions are about.

Re the sounding electronic bit...you don't really need synths for stuff to sound electronic, just a few simple filters and about 9000 hours splicing tape ;)...and I refer you to Cluster's early stuff for comparison
That's true.... :)

One of the finest examples of that tecnique has to be Louis and Bebe Barons "Forbidden Planet" Soundtrack.....
well the Baron's work predates everything, however it is brilliant and Imho better than quite a bit that came after it
j_pertou

Post by j_pertou »

A lot of official Conrad Schnitzler videos.

http://www.dailymotion.com/CON-tribute
Janus

Post by Janus »

http://heyzradio.com
For Tim - Always in our thoughts and hearts, the dream remains the same
bergen-dreamer

Post by bergen-dreamer »

CS is also featured on Big Robot's first CD Aquafit

http://www.karismarecords.no/bigrobot.html

I have a few promos left of this album - if you're interested just PM or e-mail me your home adress and I will send it to you 8)
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

bergen-dreamer wrote:CS is also featured on Big Robot's first CD Aquafit

http://www.karismarecords.no/bigrobot.html

I have a few promos left of this album - if you're interested just PM or e-mail me your home adress and I will send it to you 8)

Got that CD here and is pretty good 8)
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.