Edgar Interview after UCLA Gig

tadreamer74
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Re: Edgar's Vegetarianism

Post by tadreamer74 »

Brien Comerford wrote:It was nice to read that Edgar still abstains from meat and fish. Killing animals for food is inhumane and causes more global warming and environmental toxicity than any other destructive human behavior. His music improved after he turned vegetarian too.
I agree, however read this story and see what you think regarding 'killing animals as inhumane'. This is not hunting in my eyes as well as many others including hunters themselves. It is TORTURE: :roll: :cry: :x :?: :shock:

http://w20.lovethevalley.com/news/2009/ ... l-kill-su/

They not only hunted out of season, they tied a deer to a snowmobile and dragged it behind them, broke their legs and hung one from a tree. One of these 3 effers even rode up on top of a deer and gunned the engine, tearing open the deer's stomach. And felony charges are being dropped...how pathetic. Sick world we live in folks. :roll: :roll:

(Sorry to go off topic, just responding to Bren's post about killing animals and how inhumane it is. Prime example)
"Tangerine Dream: Letting the music speak without words"
j_pertou

Post by j_pertou »

TheMan wrote:
Brien Comerford wrote:It was nice to read that Edgar still abstains from meat and fish. Killing animals for food is inhumane and causes more global warming and environmental toxicity than any other destructive human behavior. His music improved after he turned vegetarian too.

exactly when did Edgar go vegetarian?
In 1977, I think.
TheMan

Post by TheMan »

j_pertou wrote:
TheMan wrote:

exactly when did Edgar go vegetarian?
In 1977, I think.
Interesting. It was the year 2000 for me. I wish it were 1977 for me as well.
tadreamer74

Post by tadreamer74 »

j_pertou wrote: In 1977, I think.
Ah, that explains why Peter left the group back then. No more fine dining on steaks and lobster when out with Edgar! :P :wink:
Brien Comerford

EDgar's Vegetarianism !

Post by Brien Comerford »

In the UCLA interview Edgar stated that he went vegetarian when he was 35 years old. That means it happened sometime in 1979 or early 1980. Another very cool vegetarian is guitar legend Jeff Beck. During the course of many years he's had hundreds of pet cats, dogs and even a herd of pet sheep at his Southeast British estate. Edgar and Jeff Beck are the same age and both are born in June. Two musical icons.
TheMan

Re: EDgar's Vegetarianism !

Post by TheMan »

Brien Comerford wrote:In the UCLA interview Edgar stated that he went vegetarian when he was 35 years old. That means it happened sometime in 1979 or early 1980. Another very cool vegetarian is guitar legend Jeff Beck. During the course of many years he's had hundreds of pet cats, dogs and even a herd of pet sheep at his Southeast British estate. Edgar and Jeff Beck are the same age and both are born in June. Two musical icons.
Interesting, I went vegetarian at 32 years old. Earlier than Edgar!

Big fan of Jeff Beck too.
tadreamer74

Re: EDgar's Vegetarianism !

Post by tadreamer74 »

Brien Comerford wrote:In the UCLA interview Edgar stated that he went vegetarian when he was 35 years old. That means it happened sometime in 1979 or early 1980. Another very cool vegetarian is guitar legend Jeff Beck. During the course of many years he's had hundreds of pet cats, dogs and even a herd of pet sheep at his Southeast British estate. Edgar and Jeff Beck are the same age and both are born in June. Two musical icons.
You may be spot on mate according to this tidbit of info I found (posted 2007 and 28 years ago would put Edgar at around the year 1979 when he decided to go vegetarian): :wink:

http://www.ivu.org/people/music/froese.html
24db

Post by 24db »

We should ask Loriane to interview Edgar more often, far more interesting than the usual blah blah blah
tdream4ever

Post by tdream4ever »

24db wrote:We should ask Loriane to interview Edgar more often, far more interesting than the usual blah blah blah
I am planning on attending Dale's gig on October 10th. I'm sure Lorraine will be there. I will speak to her about the next time Edgar and TD will be in town (hopefully) in the near future. I know that she has not been feeling all that great lateley.
DREAMING. . . . Now, Then!
24db

Post by 24db »

tdream4ever wrote:
24db wrote:We should ask Loriane to interview Edgar more often, far more interesting than the usual blah blah blah
I am planning on attending Dale's gig on October 10th. I'm sure Lorraine will be there. I will speak to her about the next time Edgar and TD will be in town (hopefully) in the near future. I know that she has not been feeling all that great lateley.
Very sorry to hear that David. Please pass on my best wishes to her if you see her.
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

24db wrote:
tdream4ever wrote:
Very sorry to hear that David. Please pass on my best wishes to her if you see her.
Likewise. Never met either of them, but feel I know them so well from the utter dedication they've shown over the years. I hope you enjoy the gig David.
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!